Medellin SINGLE has premiered (closed)

Guest CzarnaWisnia
45 minutes ago, Phineaspoe said:

Unlike other youthful singles she has released over the past 11 years (that I still love), this one feels genuine and effortless.

I 100% agree with you. It didn't even feel like a duet to me, it's a cohesive song. Madonna is leading the way, setting up the frame, telling the story. She has a dream guest. They flow together with the song. Very nice.

6 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

I can practically feel maluma inside me each time I listen to this song - nice little perk on top of being the perfect bop to kick off the summer season. 

:lmao:

Yup!

2 hours ago, Nonoka said:

Gave it another spin on my stereo system...Still not sure what to make of this. I do agree with others there's a melancholic vibe about it, especially in the verses, which I like. However, the chorus doesn't go anywhere and I'm missing what sets M apart from everyone else in the music biz - her ability to create beautiful melodies and make every song unmistakably her own. This song is lacking both in my very honest opinion.

I think what prevents me from getting into the music the most is Maluma talking between M's lines à la Sean Paul. Is there any chance some talented soul could cut that out? (Looking at you @dubtronic :laugh:)

How about that ?

I have to say that the song wins with the listeners.

evidently it is a song focused on the Latin audience (practically the whole song is in Spanish)

I do not think it's a global hit (English-speaking countries

although I have long since stopped obsessing the charts.

has logic that there is another single more focused on the English public .

in spain is number 1

Guest Marco

Medellín is so carefree and laid-back yet there's a self-reflective poignance to it that cleverly sets it apart from every other Latin Pop song currently charting. :clap:

Plus, this is her best lead single since Hung Up:bow:

Just now, Marco said:

Medellín is so carefree and laid-back yet there's a self-reflective poignance to it that cleverly sets it apart from every other Latin Pop song currently charting. :clap:

Plus, this is her best lead single since Hung Up:bow:

Yes papi. 🔥

I love it. I always find with all new songs (even my number 1 Madonna) it takes me a few listens to decide if i like it or hate it and after 4 listens i started humming and swaying along. I have been listening it non stop on repeat since i woke up at 6am Sydney time and its been on the whole time ive been getting ready for work.

It's so sensual and makes you want to grove along to the beats. I love it when they sing their harmonies together and my favourite part is from around the 4mIn mark. I can't wait for the rest of the album. 4 stars from me. 

21 minutes ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

How can a digital file be sold out?  🤔❓

It's an old reference to one of Slob's fans when Chartflop wasn't selling, they said it was sold out on iTunes which was unprecedented!

57 minutes ago, FlyOnTheWall said:

YouTube views are almost 460k in 5 hours.

That should be enough for this single to chart on BB. 

4 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

It's an old reference to one of Slob's fans when Chartflop wasn't selling, they said it was sold out on iTunes which was unprecedented!

I remember reading that when it came out in this forum and losing my shit 😂

4 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

:lmao:

28 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

I can practically feel maluma inside me each time I listen to this song - nice little perk on top of being the perfect bop to kick off the summer season. 

Omg you nailed me. I mean, it. You nailed it. 

36 minutes ago, Napoléon said:

Ven conmigo, lets take a trip 💃🏻

Loving the beat. And the 1-2 cha cha cha is catchy. 

I don’t think it’s going to burn up the charts but I’m more than satisfied with it. 😁

I agree fantastic beat and the cha cha cha is a nice hook.

I know it's only a day but I've had a look in the sales thread and the song is number 1 in many of the Latin iTunes Charts and in Spain....

...I think the song will burn the charts in these markets where Maluma has a huge following and influence. I would be shocked if the song flopped in these territories, it would be Maluma first flop.

Perfect pop. Contemporary. Effortless. Light and dreamy. As the Guardian review mentions, there are some lyrical clunkers, but that has almost become a prerequisite for Madonna...just another expression of her uniqueness. And when The Guardian reviews a Madonna single within hours of release, you know it’s on fire. This will be a hit. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just not paying attention to how a global success works nowadays. This has a sliver of La Isla Bonita to it guaranteeing familiarity, but it builds into something less longing and melancholy and more celebratory...and I do hear a little bit Rythmn Divine by Enrique Iglesias in there! And essentially Maluma is the new Enrique. 😝 Fine by me. 

I LOVE it! Nearly 40 years in to her career... and she’s STILL creating music that is fresh, current and her own. It’s a quintessential Madonna song - the melody, her beautiful voice, the cheeky lyrics. And yes it’s a little out there - unconventional some could say  - but that’s why we love her. That’s why she’s The Queen. Because she takes risks! Well done, Queen! I can’t wait to hear this in the club. 

PS I love how she says Medellin. And I love how he says Madonna. 

Just now, lautert said:

It's a great number for a song released hours ago, let's see what happens 🙂

Makes me more mad she didn't do today on Friday to have a full weeks worth of numbers for a decent debut.

After a few listens, I really like the song. Not what I was expecting, but definitely a grower as many of you said.

I'm curious to see what the GP thinks of it. People on Youtube are starting reacting to it, like Sisley. I posted the vid on the other thread but since it's related to the new song I figured I could post it there as well.

Not sure where it sits with me. i like it. its an ear worm. great beat. really love her singing in the verses. Like the lyrics mostly. Smooth sounding summer song for sure. Not lead single material. But lets remember this is a piece of music that sits in context of a full album, so we will probably forget about our "first single" judgements in the fullness of time.

The most irritating thing is the horrific auto tune and layering of filters all over her voice in the chorus. she sounds great on the verses, and I feel for the chorus they could have slapped a bit of reverb on that and let it soar, but it kinda crushes it. Does madonna just not like her own voice anymore? We had the same issues with RH - auto tune all over the shop and it just makes her sound a bit odd. and robotic.

anyway - its a decenet first glimpse of the album, im looking forward to hearing the rest of it.