MADAME X Covers & Tracklisting Revealed!

horn

16 minutes ago, CMoody said:

It has more to do with the mouth falling/remaining open (same for the eyes) than it does about odor. Most bodies are embalmed, especially for open casket services. Today, they glue the eyes and mouth shut rather than sewing them. I have watched way too many documentaries on mortuaries, etc. lol.

I think it depends a lot on the country & in some cases religion, but yes I think most of the time it's glue these days. It's definitely more about the visual though as you said. 

30 minutes ago, White Heat said:

They only do it if the casket is open. It's to stop/reduce any odour & to stop the lips from contracting. They hide the stitches better these days than they would have when M was a child. 

What an awful thing for anyone to witness let a child!

21 minutes ago, danorbit said:

Actually he says that the song sounds like a 2019 version of La isla Bonita and it reminds of DAD and AL regarding their 'deconstructed'/different production (A very Mirwais thing). And he also says that in the song (or in the video, it wasn't clear) she will be in Medellín and something's gonna happen there (?)

thats sounds orgasmic- La Isla Bonita and DAD 2019?  

I don’t think the sewed up mouth reference has anything to do with her mother’s corpse. I think it means that Madonna’s mouth has been forcefully shut before as people tried to silence her. The MADONNA font on the brows is obviously a reference to Frida Kahlo, as has already been pointed out. The face on the standard edition is of Madame X who is forceful, rebelios, strong and powerful. The face on the deluxe is of Madame X who is a hard working woman who has suffered a lot but is still full of hope and love and light, as she looks up the sky. 

Omg I’m just waking up to see that gorgeous standard cover!!!!

the Frida unibrow reference! The sewn lips reference! I’m AMAZED! 

Love love love it!!!! 

Wait. I am so confused. 

I was traveling this weekend, so I get back to work Tuesday and work until it is Wednesday — just got home and it is 2 AM and I find this exciting news — but this thread is 23 pages! And what I don’t understand is that I checked her effing IG today and watched the quick clip — there is no reveal or info about this on her IG. What is the deal?! How is this out (tracklist and album cover) and I (a true blue fan whi is scrambling like crazy to keep up) cannot find this info? Sorry to be a downer, but that doesn’t seem right. Was there an error that this was revealed before the event tomorrow?

And speaking of tomorrow, can we tune in on mtv.com or ... what. The IG post has the times, but not the details on where to see it. (I know supposedly “MTV” but ... like, cable? Or Internet? Or some social media channel of theirs?)

Just now, peter said:

Wait. I am so confused. 

I was traveling this weekend, so I get back to work Tuesday and work until it is Wednesday — just got home and it is 2 AM and I find this exciting news — but this thread is 23 pages! And what I don’t understand is that I checked her effing IG today and watched the quick clip — there is no reveal or info about this on her IG. What is the deal?! How is this out (tracklist and album cover) and I (a true blue fan whi is scrambling like crazy to keep up) cannot find this info? Sorry to be a downer, but that doesn’t seem right. Was there an error that this was revealed before the event tomorrow?

And speaking of tomorrow, can we tune in on mtv.com or ... what. The IG post has the times, but not the details on where to see it. (I know supposedly “MTV” but ... like, cable? Or Internet? Or some social media channel of theirs?)

It was briefly in iTunes. It's legit. 

Madonna posted a story in Instagram with the countdown. The song will be in Spotify. Don't know about the video. 

I wonder if she asked for Don't Tell Me meets La Isla, kind of like how she asked for Nine Inch Nails meets the English patient for Frozen.

The single cover is amazing, if that is the album cover it is a bit off putting

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

It was briefly in iTunes. It's legit. 

Madonna posted a story in Instagram with the countdown. The song will be in Spotify. Don't know about the video. 

Thanks for the recap, Karbs... xo. (I can’t see the IG stories — so that’s how I missed it, I guess. This era is gonna be tough for the non-early adopters of technology...)

4 minutes ago, peter said:

Wait. I am so confused. 

It is supposed to be on all streaming platforms tomorrow as well

7 minutes ago, rocknrolla said:

I wonder if she asked for Don't Tell Me meets La Isla, kind of like how she asked for Nine Inch Nails meets the English patient for Frozen.

The single cover is amazing, if that is the album cover it is a bit off putting

A guy who claimed to be at the video shoot said it sounded like Don't Tell Me but with latin influences instead of country. But who knows...

18 minutes ago, peter said:

Wait. I am so confused. 

Peter, there was a preorder link posted last night where you could register for the preorder of Medellín and the people who registered suddenly had the complete deluxe album preview in their iTunes or Spotify files. That’s where the tracklisting and album cover comes from. But you could only see this after registering and now this promotion is expired. We assume it wasn’t supposed to be out there in the first place, is was only out for 30-60 mins, as I remember.