STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

4 minutes ago, Drowned World said:

On google all I'm seeing is news about Bruce hitting #1, but there's no news of M's #1. 

So when she’s #1, they ignore it. (Until they can come up with an excuse or claim she scammed)

maybe we have to wait until HDD officially confirmed it?

anyway, this is very strange, and sorry, but there’s no way you can deny the madonna boycot/media bias, especially if they ignore this.

31 minutes ago, Nikki said:

So when she’s #1, they ignore it. (Until they can come up with an excuse or claim she scammed)

maybe we have to wait until HDD officially confirmed it?

anyway, this is very strange, and sorry, but there’s no way you can deny the madonna boycot/media bias, especially if they ignore this.

:rotfl:

It has to be incredibly tiring holding that conspiracy in your head all the time.

I am going to stop mocking people for being conspiracy theorist because I swear Springsteen being number one everywhere but America and Canada is some sort of joke and a conspiracy. It is the only way it makes sense to me. Since when did the world start listening to country music enmasse? 

4 minutes ago, Jeby said:

I am going to stop mocking people for being conspiracy theorist because I swear Springsteen being number one everywhere but America and Canada is some sort of joke and a conspiracy. It is the only way it makes sense to me. Since when did the world start listening to country music enmasse? 

I’m not necessarily sure it has. It’s probably more to do with it being Bruce Springsteen’s first album of new material since ‘Wrecking Ball’ 7 years ago, which also shot to #1 all over the globe!

37 minutes ago, karbatal said:

:rotfl:

It has to be incredibly tiring holding that conspiracy in your head all the time.

Then why are people saying the press is talking about bruce being #1 everywhere but they’re silent about madonna? What’s the explenation?

Good news getting ignored about madonna is not a conspiracy, it’s a fact. fans and also madonna talked about that.

We rarely ever hear about her good work in malawi or interesting stuff she talks about (they certainly don’t ignore it with other artists). Stop trying to act “cool” or above it, you know there’s a bias when it comes to madonna.

I just googled Madonna and there are articles by Billboard, bbc news, forbes and other media outlets all made in the last 20 hours and reporting that Bruce beat her to #1 in the UK, if you google Bruce, it's the first news that comes up. Not even one mention of M being #1 in the US, anywhere.

There’s no articles about her being number 1 in the US, because it hasn’t been confirmed by Billboard yet. They publish their album charts on Monday or Tuesday, I think.

Once Billboard publish their charts, then media will pick it up. Let’s all just chill — the number 1 is hers.

5 minutes ago, headonfire said:

There’s no articles about her being number 1 in the US, because it hasn’t been confirmed by Billboard yet. They publish their album charts on Monday or Tuesday, I think.

Once Billboard publish their charts, then media will pick it up. Let’s all just chill — the number 1 is hers.

They always publish on thursday or Friday (at the latest) as seen by the Dance/Club Play #1 article...so this is really bizarre.

21 minutes ago, Andra said:

I just googled Madonna and there are articles by Billboard, bbc news, forbes and other media outlets all made in the last 20 hours and reporting that Bruce beat her to #1 in the UK, if you google Bruce, it's the first news that comes up. Not even one mention of M being #1 in the US, anywhere.

Because usually Billboard reports the official chart on Tuesday. 

If/when Madonna gets to US No. 1 officially, we'll hear about it next week. 

1 hour ago, headonfire said:

Thank you

Media will only report what is sent though press agencies. 

1 hour ago, Shedoeshair said:

I honestly, truly don't give a fuck about Bruce being #1/beating Madonna in other Countries.  All I hoped and care for is Madonna is #1 in the US.  

It's hard to be excited for number one when that was only achieved through ticket bundles and fans buying multiple copies...

Just now, bb8977 said:

It's hard to be excited for number one when that was only achieved through ticket bundles and fans buying multiple copies...

Lollllllllllll great first post.

1 minute ago, Shaun said:

Lollllllllllll great first post.

It's far from my first post ! I love Madonna and the album but a number one album isn't the same now as it used to be...

17 minutes ago, rebelgirl said:

I think it's not official yet...

Yes, it is. Billboard has not announced, but that does not come out until Mondays/Tuesdays.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=316908&title=THE-TOP-50-CHART%3A-MADGE'S-MADAME-MOMENT

Looks like Bruce Springsteen's sales were ok, but weaker than expected. The Jonas Bros plunged 88% from their opening weekend--a huge, sharp drop.

The sales week ran from Friday, June 14th to Thursday, June 20th. The tallies were confirmed yesterday. 🙂 The Billboard announcement will come early next week for chart week ending Saturday, June 29th, 2019.

Edited by jjbradleynyc

15 minutes ago, bb8977 said:

Can we get a flush please? 2 posts and already off to a negative start.

1 hour ago, Monsieur X said:

Because usually Billboard reports the official chart on Tuesday. 

If/when Madonna gets to US No. 1 officially, we'll hear about it next week. 

http://hitsdailydouble.com/sales_plus_streaming

She's got the #1 album in the US for week ending Sat, June 29th, 2019. 

Madonna's 9th US album #1. The official Billboard announcement should come Monday. 

52 minutes ago, bb8977 said:

I’m all for people having different opinions and expressing themselves and everything... but this is PURE NEGATIVITY.

21 minutes ago, jjbradleynyc said:

http://hitsdailydouble.com/sales_plus_streaming

She's got the #1 album in the US for week ending Sat, June 29th, 2019. 

Madonna's 9th US album #1. The official Billboard announcement should come Monday. 

❤️❤️ Yay!!!

As Madame X is a fantastic work of art, it's not important in the grand scheme, but to her unrelenting, tired critics—eat it, motherfuckers. Eat all of it!! 

54 minutes ago, bb8977 said:

It's far from my first post ! I love Madonna and the album but a number one album isn't the same now as it used to be...

Whatever number post it is, it is an ignorant one. You have no proof of fans buying multiple copies other than we said so here and if you think people didn't buy multiple copies of Springsteen's album then you are not "woke." Also, there is ZERO wrong with bundles. Take that disgruntled energy to streaming. Billie whats her face sold 4000 odd copies but stays in the top 10 because streaming. Why anyone would be pressed that fans of an artist took up the option to buy their latest album having paid a fortune for their tour tickets is beyond me. How that diminishes whatever chart position that artist gets is beyond me. So yeah, this could be your 100th or 5000th post, it still is an ignorant one. 

Very happy Madonna got her number one. Beyhive celebrated with fake tidal streams. Mariah fans celebrated with years of payola. Rihanna fans celebrated with Samsung paying for downloads before the album and forcing it on their customers before the album was even released when in reality it had sold a mere 460 copies in its first two days.

So please exit stage left if you are daring to suggest that somehow MadameX getting to number one because a few thousand people redeemed their albums is nothing to celebrate. It is a lot to celebrate as opposed to those who get there mostly via streaming.

2 minutes ago, Jeby said:

Whatever number post it is, it is an ignorant one. You have no proof of fans buying multiple copies other than we said so here and if you think people didn't buy multiple copies of Springsteen's album then you are not "woke." Also, there is ZERO wrong with bundles. Take that disgruntled energy to streaming. Billie whats her face sold 4000 odd copies but stays in the top 10 because streaming. Why anyone would be pressed that fans of an artist took up the option to buy their latest album having paid a fortune for their tour tickets is beyond me. How that diminishes whatever chart position that artist gets is beyond me. So yeah, this could be your 100th or 5000th post, it still is an ignorant one. 

Very happy Madonna got her number one. Beyhive celebrated with fake tidal streams. Mariah fans celebrated with years of payola. Rihanna fans celebrated with Samsung paying for downloads before the album and forcing it on their customers before the album was even released when in reality it had sold a mere 460 copies in its first two days.

So please exit stage left if you are daring to suggest that somehow MadameX getting to number one because a few thousand people redeemed their albums is nothing to celebrate. It is a lot to celebrate as opposed to those who get there mostly via streaming.

PREACH!!!

6 minutes ago, runa said:

Her streaming numbers are abysmal - I hoped they would work on it for this album, but clearly they didn't. Sad really.

Whats so surprising to me is that Bruce had almost as much. They have tried with Madonna. Getting her on playlists and Spotifys twitter. Its worked internationally but the US refuses to streams her.

8 minutes ago, runa said:

Her streaming numbers are abysmal - I hoped they would work on it for this album, but clearly they didn't. Sad really.

What exactly were they supposed to do? The demographic that streams don't care about Madonna. The demographic that loves Madonna doesn't stream.