STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

1 hour ago, bardo said:

this actually sounds accurate when it comes to the general public and casual fans. 

So shes alienated the old by doing "hip" music with current artists 

And shes alienated the young by just being too old to be played by the radio

5 minutes ago, sotos8 said:

After almost a week the album is stable in Itunes in Europe and not plummeting anywhere so i'm optimistic 

A week is very short time, at least its not plummeting

Hope theres good word of mouth

1 minute ago, dollhouse said:

A week is very short time, at least its not plummeting

Hope theres good word of mouth

i mean people are buying it and these cannot be hardcore fans 

27 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

So shes alienated the old by doing "hip" music with current artists 

And shes alienated the young by just being too old to be played by the radio

This pretty much explains it.

1 hour ago, jjbradleynyc said:

It's still debuting at #1 on the Billboard 200 Albums chart, for week ending June 29th, 2019. 

The official announcement may not come out until tomorrow or this weekend,  but she should be getting her 9th #1 album in the US.

The Hot 100 chart you are referencing only tracks singles/songs, not albums, but I get what you meant. 🙂

Can't wait for verification!! Madame X's first milestone. 

SPOTIFY MADAME X 19/06/2019

24,565,722 (+306,397) 1. Medellin
01,891,708 (+109,396) 2. Dark Ballet
01,101,272 (+125,221) 3. God Control
04,202,444 (+122,549) 4. Future
00,751,348 (+080,353) 5. Batuka
00,711,862 (+076,881) 6. Killers Who Are Partying
04,948,988 (+107,162) 7. Crave
01,128,360 (+127,723) 8. Crazy
00,652,033 (+073,546) 9. Come Alive
00,598,767 (+066,591) 10. Extreme Occident
03,344,375 (+446,015) 11. Faz Gostoso
00,971,806 (+108,443) 12. Bitch I'm Loca
00,782,470 (+084,997) 13. I Don't Search I Find
00,618,826 (+070,010) 14. Looking For Mercy
03,653,337 (+143,759) 15. I Rise

_

It's odd to see the "defacto pop single" being the 7th song with less daily streamings (out of 15!)

5 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

It's odd to see the "defacto pop single" being the 7th song with less daily streamings (out of 15!)

i think fans probably make up most of these streams, and i know i've been listening to the newer songs almost exclusively for the past week. also, the only exposure "crave" is getting is on AC radio, and i'm guessing those listeners definitely don't stream!

Why is the album down to 13 on USA iTunes?  I’m trying really hard not to get wrapped up in charts but I mean that’s just mind boggling.  Do that many people not see how brilliant this album is?!

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

Why is the album down to 13 on USA iTunes?  I’m trying really hard not to get wrapped up in charts but I mean that’s just mind boggling.  Do that many people not see how brilliant this album is?!

You can’t give it mental energy. The different between #s 2 and 15 is probably less than 25 copies...that’s how little units Itunes shifts.  

I forced myself to buy it on ITunes even though I stream everything and won’t ever play the tracks on ITunes.

I have a 76 year old family friend I help out to look after and even HE streams through his echo. He ain’t buying shit lol. Those days are over.  

31 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

You can’t give it mental energy. The different between #s 2 and 15 is probably less than 25 copies...that’s how little units Itunes shifts.  

I forced myself to buy it on ITunes even though I stream everything and won’t ever play the tracks on ITunes.

I have a 76 year old family friend I help out to look after and even HE streams through his echo. He ain’t buying shit lol. Those days are over.  

All true and great points. Thank you.

37 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

Great advice. It will make you crazy. Madame X is brilliant whether it sells one or 100,000 copies first week. 

Plus, America is at least 50% douchebag, so why sweat it? 🙂

It's still number one worldwide I tunes.  I would assume most people who purchase buy physical copies so you can get something, since streaming is free.

I think she should do some appearances in Japan, South America, Australia instead of always focusing on the US/Europe.  Particularly Brazil. 

The Brazilians definitely deserve a Madonna visit. They have been brilliant this era. All of South America. She must go with Maluma and sing Medellin IN Medellin. 

4 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

It changes everyday. Tuesday, I rise was one of the least streamed songs. Since the video is out, it's in the top 3...

9 hours ago, jjbradleynyc said:

It's still debuting at #1 on the Billboard 200 Albums chart, for week ending June 29th, 2019. 

The official announcement may not come out until tomorrow or this weekend,  but she should be getting her 9th #1 album in the US.

The Hot 100 chart you are referencing only tracks singles/songs, not albums, but I get what you meant. 🙂

9 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

People's meltdown is related to Bruce outselling her in many other major marjers, especially in Europe where pre-Eurovision we would've thought she had this in the bag!

Thank you guys for all the clarification 

3 hours ago, headonfire said:

Great numbers for our M. 

Omg!! That makes me so happy! Been playing it on Spotify over and over lol 

2 minutes ago, santiago said:

Faz Gostoso (Audio) has more views than the official Crave video on Youtube.

:lol2:

I’m surprised at how few views Crave has compared to Medellín, although the former was obviously the lead single and very much hyped.  

11 minutes ago, Shane said:

I’m surprised at how few views Crave has compared to Medellín, although the former was obviously the lead single and very much hyped.  

It’s cause the video still doesn’t play on most smart TVs. Tragic. 

7 hours ago, Bill said:

Bill, relax. MX is #1 on BB 200 this week. That’s what matters. 

I think all streaming that we’re doing on all platforms only amounts to 5k units. 

15 minutes ago, Steve said:

Medellín - MADONNA f/ Maluma

47th Dance #1....👑 Queen of the Dance Floor!

B56B4518-DE8C-4EE9-AC67-77D71A67A19C.jpeg

Yaaasssssss ( go Mdolla yo sugar s raww )

16 minutes ago, Steve said:

Medellín - MADONNA f/ Maluma

47th Dance #1....👑 Queen of the Dance Floor!

B56B4518-DE8C-4EE9-AC67-77D71A67A19C.jpeg

Yaaassss!!!!!!

Yasssssssss

Le gusta cabalgar eso esta claro, (uh) y si dice que voy rápido le bajo... Discúlpame yo sé que eres Madonna..., pero te voy a demostrar, cómo este perro te enamora!