STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

Guest neeto_mosqueeto
13 hours ago, bb8977 said:

I love Madonna and the album is truly great but a number one achieved only due to fans buying multiple copies and streaming endlessly doesn't equal success to me...

Ain’t nobody got time for you, right now. This is a MADONNA Forum. 

Some days... these trifling bitches test me.

16 minutes ago, neeto_mosqueeto said:

Ain’t nobody got time for you, right now. This is a MADONNA Forum. 

Some days... these trifling bitches test me.

Listen! Like we are the first to do it. Riri Bey Gaga Katy etc practically have streaming camps streaming their songs and this one is on a Madonna forum lamenting that we buy multiple copies perhaps as gifts? Sit down. The tours sell out. That's enough different asses for you. 

The millenials are the generation of the plain daft. They are mocking bundles when it is fans taking the option of buying the album as they pay to go see same artist but they will not mock streaming? These are not sensible people. 

I was about to stream all day from my Amazon Prime account to discover only Crave is available from the album??

21 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

I was about to stream all day from my Amazon Prime account to discover only Crave is available from the album??

The whole album is. I've been streaming the whole thing 

13 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

The whole album is. I've been streaming the whole thing 

I've got it working, it's limited with Prime Music, I've upgraded to Unlimited for 30 day free trial.

6 hours ago, Jeby said:

The millenials are the generation of the plain daft. They are mocking bundles when it is fans taking the option of buying the album as they pay to go see same artist but they will not mock streaming? These are not sensible people. 

Exactly! Streaming (in terms of chart placement/sales) is the biggest fraud there has been this side of blatant payola.

Just saw a Springsteen album ad on CNN. Sigh. If you have heard one Springsteen song you have heard them all. Meanwhile still streaming on spotifyUK. I refuse to believe that mess. 

11 hours ago, metalissimo said:

Jonas Brothers fell sharply around 85% to 50-55k

http://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=316862

This is such great news for Madonna! She's gonna get that 9th Number One album, looks like!

She's 2nd overall, for the most #1 albums by a female in the US on Billboard Top 200 Album Chart, with Barbara Streisand having 11 number ones.

For those interested, Madonna's standing is at #5, tied with a few other acts, for those having the most #1 albums on the Billboard 200 chart:

1 The Beatles: 19

2 Jay-Z: 14

3 Bruce Springsteen: 11

3 Barbara Streisand: 11

4 Elvis Presley: 10

5 Garth Brooks: 9

5 Rolling Stones: 9

5 Eminem: 9

5 Madonna: 9* (predicted)

6 U2: 8

6 Kanye West: 8

It ain't easy to get a #1 album. Ask Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston or Rihanna's teams. 

Edited by jjbradleynyc
add rankings

1 hour ago, Jeby said:

Just saw a Springsteen album ad on CNN. Sigh. If you have heard one Springsteen song you have heard them all. Meanwhile still streaming on spotifyUK. I refuse to believe that mess. 

Sorry he's another costing off one song the rising.  Like Cher and Celine

At the end of the day, this doesn't matter because she's debuting at #1.......by a very substantial amount too but yesterday, I was back at the same Target I bought MX at on Fri and I think maybe 3-4 more copies were sold since my purchase (unless ALL of the ones I saw out at that time had been sold and they put more out...not likely though).....there were no more Bruce CD's though. Just the label and an empty row 😞 

I keep buying CDs at my local Target. A girl that works there noticed me already. It’s frustrating. M needs to do major promo in USA like right now!! That God Control performance and video couldn’t be any sooner!!! 

5 hours ago, jjbradleynyc said:

This is such great news for Madonna! She's gonna get that 9th Number One album, looks like!

She's 2nd overall, for the most #1 albums by a female in the US on Billboard Top 200 Album Chart, with Barbara Streisand having 11 number ones.

For those interested, Madonna's standing is at #5, tied with a few other acts, for those having the most #1 albums on the Billboard 200 chart:

1 The Beatles: 19

2 Jay-Z: 14

3 Bruce Springsteen: 11

3 Barbara Streisand: 11

4 Elvis Presley: 10

5 Garth Brooks: 9

5 Rolling Stones: 9

5 Eminem: 9

5 Madonna: 9* (predicted)

6 U2: 8

6 Kanye West: 8

It ain't easy to get a #1 album. Ask Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston or Rihanna's teams. 

Eminem has 9 albums out or more? Kanye 8? I don’t even know half of them. :newspaper:

24 minutes ago, Lolo said:

Eminem has 9 albums out or more? Kanye 8? I don’t even know half of them. :newspaper:

Yeah, Eminem has been around since 96 and Kanye around since early 2000's I think...lotsa high selling albums with each😄 

Guest neeto_mosqueeto
7 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Exactly! Streaming (in terms of chart placement/sales) is the biggest fraud there has been this side of blatant payola.

Stop complaining about streaming. Seriously your logic is flawed. Streaming pays the artist a tiny royalty for every play. When u buy a cd, that’s it, it’s only one transaction, the artist can’t keep earning.

It doesn’t matter that a person can stream all day and the play count keeps growing, because the artist is earning. 

Besides, record companies also bought back their own inventory from record stores. It’s part of the music industry and if anything CDs will become more expensive as less of them are made. Cds/records/cassettes are all more expensive to make, store, ship, and market.

To all Debbie Downers, wet blankets, or delusional people that think they could make better music— adapt and overcome, or not.

Don’t you have something more to contribute, as a fan, other than complaining? Nobody wants to read your complaints. And you make forums like this suck for the rest of us.

For anyone streaming. Keep it up, it’s making a difference. Support Madonna, MadameX on social media.

Thanks

Mx is now number 10 iTunes US and UK that’s not great, she has so much trouble sustaining these days, why is that? The media latch on and run with it saying album is a flop bla bla I don’t understand that as soon as her albums are released it’s radio silence from her label in terms of marketing, she needs its.. I am in Australia and have not seen one TV advert or poster around the streets, is it because the material is so different? Has she alienated her fan base over last decade? I know its just an iTunes chart but it is a barometer of what is happening sales wise.. god she needs a new strategy to maintain sales or is she such a part of global consciousnesses that people are now thinking ‘oh it just another Madonna record, she always there in the background when I need a fix’ and are not actively sourcing new material?? 

I think only a hit song can sustain sales for any extended period.

Even if she went balls to the wall with promo next couple of weeks, that will peak relatively quickly then fall.

Overall though, this album has great reviews so let's hope that translates to good word of mouth. I think that was what helped COADF in the US more than anything. 

she might debut high but thats it. overall the album will sell less or same as RH in total. my prediction.

but as long as she gets that number one i will be happy

3 minutes ago, tuckeye said:

overall the album will sell less or same as RH in total. my prediction.

If it does equal RH then that's pretty impressive 4 yrs later.

Since HC, her albums have sold about half of the previous.

1 minute ago, Kurt420 said:

I think only a hit song can sustain sales for any extended period.

Even if she went balls to the wall with promo next couple of weeks, that will peak relatively quickly then fall.

Overall though, this album has great reviews so let's hope that translates to good word of mouth. I think that was what helped COADF in the US more than anything. 

But why can’t she sustain she’s freaking Madonna, overnight after Hard Candy it literally changed.. I get she is older, streaming, bad PR etc etc, I truely believe the Warner’s decision and the repercussions over an extended period killed her as a commercial artist, how do you go from selling millions with COADF to almost a million per album since. Is she that hated now days? 

7 minutes ago, Who Is That Girl? said:

Mx is now number 10 iTunes US and UK that’s not great, she has so much trouble sustaining these days, why is that? The media latch on and run with it saying album is a flop bla bla I don’t understand that as soon as her albums are released it’s radio silence from her label in terms of marketing, she needs its.. I am in Australia and have not seen one TV advert or poster around the streets, is it because the material is so different? Has she alienated her fan base over last decade? I know its just an iTunes chart but it is a barometer of what is happening sales wise.. god she needs a new strategy to maintain sales or is she such a part of global consciousnesses that people are now thinking ‘oh it just another Madonna record, she always there in the background when I need a fix’ and are not actively sourcing new material?? 

All of the answers you seek can be found in the song “let it will be”

Success for M will have to be measured in a different way as times goes by. But most importantly there is an artist that is passionate, hungry, irreverent, inspired that has created an album like MX 30+ years after her first record- and all those things are what got her all the amazing legendarysuccess she has had over the years. Life is indeed a circle.

18 minutes ago, motherandfather03 said:

what is going on with US iTunes though, i am very surprised it is down to #12

she's still going to be #1 (supposedly). so my guess is that m's fanbase are very dedicated and bought the album on day one. it's now been out for several days. add to that, the digital album has been available for $5 on amazon (where it's #1 and #2 on the pop list). madonna's fans are also more likely to buy physical copies. digital sales are practically nothing these days. so itunes is just one small part of the picture.