STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

On 6/16/2019 at 3:04 PM, Jeby said:

Keep streaming and buying. No room for complacency. Moreover it deserves more than 90-100k first week. 

I echo this. In any case, I’m proud of my fellow fans. We’re doing the Lord’s work for our Queen.

6 hours ago, jamesshot said:

I've heard Jonas Bros do not have great streaming numbers. 

I would expect Jonas Bros week #2 to fall heavily. Boy bands like this are typically front-loaded in week #1, and then collapse heavily going into week #2. I would bet they drop off by 75-80% this second week.  

With Bruce having weak sales, I think the chart positions will go like this:

1 Madonna

2 Jonas Bros

3 Bruce Springsteen

Madonna should get her 9th number one album on the Billboard 200 chart. 🙂🙏

13 hours ago, boy skeffington said:

I want to download the Amazon $5 but I don’t know how to play in Amazon except Echo and I am streaming using that service so don’t want it to stop the streams. Which is better?

Buy it and still stream on echo

For those who haven't spent $5 on Amazon.

The 13-track version is now $5 on Amazon https://amzn.to/2MMmndP

This week only. Spread the word!

I love Madonna and the album is truly great but a number one achieved only due to fans buying multiple copies and streaming endlessly doesn't equal success to me...

2 minutes ago, bb8977 said:

I love Madonna and the album is truly great but a number one achieved only due to fans buying multiple copies and streaming endlessly doesn't equal success to me...

That's the fringes of her fanbase and EVERY major star has those diehard fans that do the same.

2 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

That's the fringes of her fanbase and EVERY major star has those diehard fans that do the same.

Agreed but when you take those sales into account along with roughly 50% of sales coming from ticket redemption it paints a very different picture...

30 minutes ago, bb8977 said:

Agreed but when you take those sales into account along with roughly 50% of sales coming from ticket redemption it paints a very different picture...

Why are sales through ticket redemption somehow seen as less worthy than a flat sale done on a whim? First of all, you don't HAVE to choose "yes", secondly, most people that go to her shows are more likely to purchase her album anyways. 

31 minutes ago, bb8977 said:

how many people are really buying multiple copies? a few hundred? the ticket redemption is another story, but even then these are fans who are paying hundreds and even thousands of dollars on concert tickets. surely they'd happily drop $10 on a CD. 

1 hour ago, bb8977 said:

I honestly feel it's only diehards buying music anyway, the casuals just stream

1 hour ago, rocknrolla said:

I see what you are saying I really like future and I rise but she really needs God control or I don't search I find for this, if she is going to highlight madame x

Where? How can GP hear those new songs?

5 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Why are sales through ticket redemption somehow seen as less worthy than a flat sale done on a whim? First of all, you don't HAVE to choose "yes", secondly, most people that go to her shows are more likely to purchase her album anyways. 

Because Madame X tour doesn't have that many shows (tickets) compared to MDNA tour or RH tour that's why the album redemption ticket bundles are not so many. 

7 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

I honestly feel it's only diehards buying music anyway, the casuals just stream

Yea. I only buy the Queen 👑 stuff!

I used to buy CDs and albums on iTunes but now I have an iTunes monthly membership $10 p/ month and Spotify to stream old stuff and new stuff. 

Only streaming Madame❌ on both simultaneously at the moment. 

Does anyone know what Hoopla Digital is? It's a free music service offered by libraries in the US and Canada. Everytime someone borrows an item it costs around $2.

Anyway, MX is featured as a new release and is currently #10 on the chart. Not sure if this contributes to any Billboard chart but at least it generates revenue for MX so Mercy can keep getting those expensive piano lessons lol 😅

5DF3C0E4-9238-4BB6-A4B6-9E45603B641F.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Steve said:

Yea. I only buy the Queen 👑 stuff!

I used to buy CDs and albums on iTunes but now I have an iTunes monthly membership $10 p/ month and Spotify to stream old stuff and new stuff. 

Only streaming Madame❌ on both simultaneously at the moment. 

Same here more or less.  I pay for Spotify and use it almost solely. My cd collection used to be my prized possession.  Now I only buy physical for Madonna, Tori, Garbage, Regina Spektor, reissues of classic albums that I love, and occasionally a newer artist I want to throw a sale towards like First Aid Kit or Janelle Monae.

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

Same here more or less.  I pay for Spotify and use it almost solely. My cd collection used to be my prized possession.  Now I only buy physical for Madonna, Tori, Garbage, Regina Spektor, reissues of classic albums that I love, and occasionally a newer artist I want to throw a sale towards like First Aid Kit or Janelle Monae.

🙌🏻 Yep...may buy Prince Originals when it’s released but nothing else on the horizon. 

Digital copies from merch count only if they are downloaded or it doesn’t matter?

Just read on some facebook group the new prediction that Jonas Brother will have a huge drop of more than 80% in US this week so no need to worry about them 😀 Bruce is also a lot weaker in sales, so it looks like we have that #1 😀