STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

23 minutes ago, headonfire said:

Do the albums need to be redeemed this time to count as sale?

Because these are not digital this time around, so should automatically be dispatched on release date.

You receive an email and confirm the address. You must confirm the address to get the cd and redeem. 

It will be interesting to observe Madame X's debut numbers. We theorized 4 years ago that Rebel Heart's low numbers were due to leaks. Now that there are no leaks, is it reasonable to expect a number higher than RH debut? 

3 minutes ago, mtzlplk said:

It will be interesting to observe Madame X's debut numbers. We theorized 4 years ago that Rebel Heart's low numbers were due to leaks. Now that there are no leaks, is it reasonable to expect a number higher than RH debut? 

even despite the leak, i think it will be hard to beat 121k. 100k would be a big achievement at this point.

11 minutes ago, bardo said:

even despite the leak, i think it will be hard to beat 121k. 100k would be a big achievement at this point.

Even if there is leak, all Madonna fans will still buy Madame X albums, it doesn't matter. 

Lil Nas album "7" is only a digital EP(extended play) album, it won't have that many sales. 

Miley Cyrus EP "She is coming" only has 36 k first week equivalent album units and debuts at no 5 on Billboard 200 albums chart this week. 

I don't think Lil Nas album will hinder Madame X on debuting at no 1 on Billboard 200 albums chart. 

Edited by metalissimo
Info

On 6/8/2019 at 5:02 PM, Lolasmommy said:

Streaming what? I didn’t think any streams of the album will count until the after the official release date

I should have said I was streaming the songs. They can still chart, can't they? I think streaming 4 or 5 songs from an album is equivalent to one full album stream or sale. Can't remember which. At any rate, I'll be streaming the entire album on Spotify and Apple Music the minute it becomes available. I've already purchased every edition. Madame X is sending me to the poor house.  She's going to have to start a foundation for me after all the money I've spent on the album, tickets, and MDNA Skin. At least I'll have great skin and some good tunes to listen to while living on the street. 😂 Anything for Madame X.

Edited by cravingmadonna

21 minutes ago, bardo said:

Album sales continue to decline with each passing year. Before you know it albums selling 200 copies will hit #1.

Edited by cravingmadonna

On 6/8/2019 at 7:00 PM, boy skeffington said:

You receive an email and confirm the address. You must confirm the address to get the cd and redeem. 

I had a friend who didn't want to redeem the album with their ticket. She already had it and didn't see the need. I did it for her. I think it was the MDNA album. It's all become a blur. 

3 hours ago, cravingmadonna said:

I should have said I was streaming the songs. They can still chart, can't they? I think streaming 4 or 5 songs from an album is equivalent to one full album stream or sale. Can't remember which. At any rate, I'll be streaming the entire album on Spotify and Apple Music the minute it becomes available. I've already purchased every edition. Madame X is sending me to the poor house.  She's going to have to start a foundation for me after all the money I've spent on the album, tickets, and MDNA Skin. At least I'll have great skin and some good tunes to listen to while living on the street. 😂 Anything for Madame X.

You have to stream the songs from Madame X on June 14-20 to be counted on first week equivalent album units. 

From June 14-20, we'll have to work Hard, stream Madame X a lot, as many as we can, everyday to make Madame X debuts at no.1 on Billboard 200 albums chart and become her 9th no 1 album. 

We don't want Bruce Springsteen Western Stars hold off Madame X at no 2, do we? 

Edited by metalissimo
Info

5 hours ago, metalissimo said:

You have to stream the songs from Madame X on June 14-20 to be counted on first week equivalent album units. 

From June 14-20, we'll have to work Hard, stream Madame X a lot, as many as we can, everyday to make Madame X debuts at no.1 on Billboard 200 albums chart and become her 9th no 1 album. 

I will do my best! She deserves it!

6 hours ago, metalissimo said:

this MX soldier is ready for duty

I will stream the s out of it

If you wanna make more efforts, for those of you who already get Madame X album from ticket bundles , please buy another physical copy of Madame X album at Walmart, Target, and FYE. Cmon spend $11 which is not a much amount of money to make Madame X debuts at no.1 on Billboard 200 albums chart and become her 9th no 1 album. 

Don't let Bruce Springsteen, Lil Nas, Jonas Brothers hinder Madame X to debut at no 1 on Billboard 200 albums chart. 

Agree , I have bought multiple copies and will stream as

much as I can . Maybe dumb question but buying a bundle off Madonna store does that contribute towards American charts or where it’s sent to ?

2 hours ago, RyanAnth4 said:

Agree , I have bought multiple copies and will stream as

much as I can . Maybe dumb question but buying a bundle off Madonna store does that contribute towards American charts or where it’s sent to ?

Im not sure but from June 14-20, to be safe, just buy it at Walmart, Target, and FYE physical stores (not online) to be guaranteed included in the first-week sales 

Edited by metalissimo
Info

Thanks , Ibe been deflated thinking she won’t get the no.1s now in uk or us but I’ve been trying to come to terms with it now . Plus , if Madame x lasts longer than 4 or 5 weeks in charts and doesn’t free fall then it may be a bonus . I’m hoping the era won’t end in week 2. 

11 hours ago, metalissimo said:

I’ll do my best! 

1 hour ago, RyanAnth4 said:

Thanks , Ibe been deflated thinking she won’t get the no.1s now in uk or us but I’ve been trying to come to terms with it now . Plus , if Madame x lasts longer than 4 or 5 weeks in charts and doesn’t free fall then it may be a bonus . I’m hoping the era won’t end in week 2. 

The simple fact is that regardless of how great the new album is she no longer resonates with the general public and I don't feel that things are going to change...

What are everyone’s predictions for first week sales in their country?

I believe in the USA it will surpass 100k sales but definitely nothing more than 135k.

3 hours ago, trevorhog said:

What are everyone’s predictions for first week sales in their country?

I believe in the USA it will surpass 100k sales but definitely nothing more than 135k.

I think in USA, it will be around 110-115 k first-week equivalent album units because the redeemed albums are not that many since Madame X tour doesn't have so many tickets compared to MDNA tour or RH tour. 

Edited by metalissimo
Info

I mean even in the UK, Kylie’s Golden debuted at number 1 with 48,000 copies and stayed on the chart for 25 weeks and was certified gold... because her RECORD LABEL WORKED AND CARED!!!

Guest jamesshot
8 hours ago, bb8977 said:

The simple fact is that regardless of how great the new album is she no longer resonates with the general public and I don't feel that things are going to change...

She could change that if she wants. She has not made a concerted effort to rehab her image say like she did for Evita. She could go on a "charm offensive" but she hasn't seemed inclined to do so.

So, and I am sure this was answered somewhere so apologize, but I bought the album on Amazon but was thinking I will delete it and just stream the fuck out of it as that sale will count regardless, right? 

And I would love her to hit #1, but if she doesn't, meh. I am hoping Madame X will be heralded come Grammy time, which does boost sales, too, it seems. 

1 hour ago, Mozo1 said:

So, and I am sure this was answered somewhere so apologize, but I bought the album on Amazon but was thinking I will delete it and just stream the fuck out of it as that sale will count regardless, right? 

And I would love her to hit #1, but if she doesn't, meh. I am hoping Madame X will be heralded come Grammy time, which does boost sales, too, it seems. 

Buy a physical copy (or more) but then also stream like crazy from a paid service. Thats the best option. 

58 minutes ago, Logan said:

But a physical copy (or more) but then also stream like crazy from a paid service. That the best option. 

Cool, thank you. 

SO EXCITED!!! Two more days!!!

Loads of us have bought several versions but what about week two? She'll get a massive drop. We could wait until Saturday to buy other editions to avoid the slump that could be reported!

23 hours ago, Logan said:

Buy a physical copy (or more) but then also stream like crazy from a paid service. Thats the best option. 

If you already get Madame X album from ticket bundles, please buy another physical copy of Madame X at physical stores (not online) like Target, Walmart or FYE. Cmon spend $11 to make Madame X debuts at no.1 on Billboard 200 albums chart. $11 is not so much amount of money. 

We don't want Madame X not debut at no 1 because of Bruce Springsteen, or Lil Nas album, do we? 

6 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Loads of us have bought several versions but what about week two? She'll get a massive drop. We could wait until Saturday to buy other editions to avoid the slump that could be reported!

Nobody cares about 2nd weeks anymore. Hitting No1 would make it look successful. In the last few years there have been albums that even dropped -95% so it would be impossible for Madonna to break any drop record. Let's focus on the 1st week!

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 3:35 PM, jandresrc said:

UPDATE:

PROMOTE THIS LINK:

http://bit.ly/BUYandSTREAMadameX

it has all the playlists for each platform

Spotify premium accounts link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D3iUg02JU5dTPL-Na1Eq1SotKSMbIONL/view

Thank you again for all the info you shared with us in May! It served me well!  I am personally adding additional hour of Spotify Premium streaming of Madame X per day starting today, and I will not stop for two weeks. 

Jandresrc, I think you should post an info update (including Dos and don'ts on how to stream properly for it to count) on your available Spotify Premium accounts you have for us. You should also share the same info in a couple of more treads, like the General Madame X tread. Hopefully lots of us are willing to stream Madame X on Spotify Premium starting Friday as it comes out to guaranty a #1 or 2 finish for first week.