STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

24 minutes ago, trevorhog said:

It was supposed to be released today, but he delayed it to next week unfortunately... hopefully another delay!!😂

do we know why?  😩😔😤

1 hour ago, dimos said:

do we know why?  😩😔😤

My guess is he wants to give Old Town Road a boost next week instead of this week for a little more longevity. He’s not dumb. He knows his song can still break Mariah’s record of most weeks at #1 and he knows he’s probably not getting another hit in his career. This is literally all or nothing for him.  :megamanson:

I read on twitter that the streams for the remix of Old Town Road will be counted for album sales, but the original will not because it’s not included on his EP.

Edited by trevorhog
Mistake

3 hours ago, trevorhog said:

I read on twitter that the streams for the remix of Old Town Road will be counted for album sales, but the original will not because it’s not included on his EP.

Yep, they will only count the streams from the songs on the EP and since he only put the remix version the streams for the original would not count to the album only to the single.

The album crossed 30M streams one week before it drops, which is nice since RH has 192M in 4 years, with DB and the normal streams it could be around 33M next Friday.

Madame X - 30,293,821 streams in Spotify

Hopefully they will push back Madame X release date to June 21,

Maybe we should contact Interscope to push back Madame X release date to June 21. 

It seems that Madame X is never destined to hit no. 1 on Billboard 200 albums chart because of bad timing of release date. 

Edited by metalissimo
Info

Wait where did anyone thought that Lil Nas was dropping his EP on June 14? There’s nothing on Wikipedia, his Twitter or Instagram announcing the official release date, he just mentioned the tracks list and 6 days ago he said that he wants visuals for all of his songs... so where did that rumor came? 

1 hour ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Wait where did anyone thought that Lil Nas was dropping his EP on June 14? There’s nothing on Wikipedia, his Twitter or Instagram announcing the official release date, he just mentioned the tracks list and 6 days ago he said that he wants visuals for all of his songs... so where did that rumor came? 

Call me crazy... but earlier today, Wikipedia said that the album was to be released on June 14. But now that i check again, it is gone

1 hour ago, metalissimo said:

Maybe we should contact Interscope to push back Madame X release date to June 21. 

No

They've set a release date and unless something drastic happens, they're not changing it. We'll have to live with the sales/streaming numbers, whatever they turn out to be.

It seems that Madame X is never destined to hit no.1 on Billboard 200 due to bad timing of release date.

We will have to stream Madame X a lot, many times, over and over again from June 14-20 to make it debut at no. 1on Billboard 200 albums chart. 

Is Lil Nas album "7" already on ITunes? If not, it will be released on June 14. 

Lil Nas album "7" is an extended play (EP) album. I think it won't sell that many since its an EP. The Chainsmokers' EP album "Collage" that was released in Nov 2016 only had 39k first week equivalent album units. 

I predict Lil Nas EP album will have around 95k-105k first week equivalent album units. 

Bruce Springsteen Western Stars will have around 106-110k, Madame X wil have around 112-120 k. 

Thats my prediction. 

Lil Nas said on his instagram that his album was not released on June 7. Hopefully it will be after June 14, June 21 onward. 

Edited by metalissimo
info

On 6/5/2019 at 1:36 AM, metalissimo said:

So how come neither Impressive Instant nor Amazing was released? 

This is how I understood the situation: Madonna and Warner locked heads over what would be the 4th single from Music. She wanted Impressive Instant. They wanted Amazing. Warner felt Impressive Instant was too edgy to work as a single and Madonna felt Amazing was too similar to Beautiful Stanger to be a single. There was no compromise. Warner even threatened to release the DWT performance as the video for Amazing, so Madonna cut it from the setlist and replaced it with Beautiful Stranger, ironically.

Warner was under new management at the time, which would explain why they were so bitchy with her. I mean, come on! Let her release want she wants! And then there's the rumor that they rejected AL because it was too avant garde sounding. Apparently, the majority of the album sounded like DAD and NKM. So she scaled it back and made it more acoustic, specifically on X-Static Process. Well, that certainly backfired.

How likely is it that Madame X debuts at number #1 in Italy? I ordered my copy today on Amazon IT. 

14 hours ago, trevorhog said:

Call me crazy... but earlier today, Wikipedia said that the album was to be released on June 14. But now that i check again, it is gone

If Lil Nas album will be released on June 14, how come there is no info about June 14 release date on Wikipedia, instagram, his official website since June 14 is only 5 days away. 

I think it will be released on June 21 or 28 

Should we worry about Jonas Brothers' 2nd week? They will open with 300k.

They are under Republic/Universal. So shady of Universal to even risk Madonna not getting the No1 because of their 2nd week.

That fucking label does not care about her.

1 minute ago, iasonas said:

If they had a 60% decline (which most likely wont happen, it will be larger) their second week sales would be 120k

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
16 minutes ago, iasonas said:

They are under Republic/Universal. So shady of Universal to even risk Madonna not getting the No1 because of their 2nd week.

This and Bruce Springsteen's album are my main concerns in Madonna hitting the #1 spot.  Jonas Bros. could still outsell Madonna in their second week.  As for Bruce, I don't think he will sell much more than Madonna, but I can see him head to head with her.  I think in smaller regions Madonna might do well especially where Bruce doesn't sell records.  Jonas still could be a huge contender though?

30 minutes ago, iasonas said:

I actually just read that they are to open with 325-350k and are contenders for biggest debut of 2019..... soooo i’m hoping they will have a huge drop like most people, but since this is their first album in 10 years, i’m not so sure.

18 minutes ago, cravingmadonna said:

I've been streaming non stop on Apple Music. Hope that helps.

Streaming what? I didn’t think any streams of the album will count until the after the official release date

2 minutes ago, Alejandrogr said:

Dancing Queen by Cher debuted at #1 with 150.000 copies sold and no promo.

But it came off the back of Mama Mia 2 which was massive. 

Billie Eilish debuted at #1 with 313,000 units, and then dropped 62% in its second week to 118,000 units... So if the Jonas Brothers are similar, we could be in trouble

21 hours ago, metalissimo said:

:dead:  CRYING !!!! :dead:

12 minutes ago, trevorhog said:

Billie Eilish debuted at #1 with 313,000 units, and then dropped 62% in its second week to 118,000 units... So if the Jonas Brothers are similar, we could be in trouble

Jonas Brothers is everywhere- TV, print, paparazzi shots..  performance galore.   I see them not dipping much second week.

12 minutes ago, jusdoid said:

Jonas Brothers is everywhere- TV, print, paparazzi shots..  performance galore.   I see them not dipping much second week.

But the Jonas Brothers did a tour bundle as well, so first week sales are normally inflated... I know I shouldn’t care about charts but imagining the headlines of Madonna earning her 9th number one album just sounds amazing!

Does anyone have a sense of the number of tickets sold for the US shows? That should give us a rough figure of the number of albums just from the tour bundle.

EDIT: Just found the answer to my question in the album sales thread - thank you @trevorhog

3 hours ago, trevorhog said:

I did some rough calculations and all the US dates consist of around 126,000 people (if sold out -and it will)... So that is 126,000 redeemable copies of Madame X, and if we assume 3/4 of people redeem it, that would be around 95,000 copies that come from the tour.