STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

23 hours ago, metalissimo said:

I still don't understand why they didn't make video for Nothing Fails. It doesn't make sense since NF is the 3rd single. 

They made the video for the 4th single LProfusion. 

If I ever had the opportunity to ask Madonna a question, this would be it! I've always wanted to know. I was soooooo looking forward to the video and it never happened. 😞

On 5/31/2019 at 4:22 PM, rocknrolla said:

I do believe single choice does make a difference.  DAD was played alot but American Life was not, just a few months later.

Of course now, I dont think it would matter, at 60.  On the flip side, there really are only so many spaces on radio.  If they were still playing Donna summer in the 80s, would an Italian girl named Madonna have been able to break through?

If M decided to release original AL mv, her career could’ve ended. It was a very serious time. I’m glad she made the right choice. 

6 hours ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

is this good?

It’s pretty low for WW sales. 

Guest CzarnaWisnia
On 5/31/2019 at 1:13 PM, Kurt420 said:

Yep! It always baffles me when people suggest that ALL singles since 2008 (basically) have been bad choices and citing the fact that there hasn't been "hits" as evidence of that. In another time, even the least desirable of songs would've made a little dent on the charts. Since 4M she's had 12 singles and ONE has made top 10 (on Billboard).....sorry, but not ALL of them were "bad choices". Obviously, there's something else at play here. Don't understand how some others blatantly refuse to acknowledge that.

Comparing Secret to Crave makes no sense to me at all. Secret is a fantastic pop song with gorgeous, round full beats and a catchy romantic melody with perfectly lush, entrancing vocals. Crave is ... not that at all. Sure, the fact that she's older now works against her. And the fact she hasn't had hits for years on the radio works against any of her new singles being hits, and all that sucks. But I disagree completely that her current singles equal pop gems like Secret.

20 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Comparing Secret to Crave makes no sense to me at all. Secret is a fantastic pop song with gorgeous, round full beats and a catchy romantic melody with perfectly lush, entrancing vocals. Crave is ... not that at all. Sure, the fact that she's older now works against her. And the fact she hasn't had hits for years on the radio works against any of her new singles being hits, and all that sucks. But I disagree completely that her current singles equal pop gems like Secret.

if Crave had been released in 1990, it would've definitely hit the top 10 on Hot 100

Guest CzarnaWisnia
39 minutes ago, metalissimo said:

if Crave had been released in 1990, it would've definitely hit the top 10 on Hot 100

Any huge music star the level Madonna was in 1990 will have a top 10 hit with any decent sounding song.

1 hour ago, Sideris said:

85.635.684 [+774k the last 24h] Total streams for Madame X album (so far) Youtube+Spotify 

You mean total streams of Medellin, I Rise, Crave and Future right? 

29 minutes ago, metalissimo said:

You mean total streams of Medellin, I Rise, Crave and Future right? 

yep 

+billboard performormance 

Edited by Sideris

On 5/31/2019 at 1:25 PM, Bradie80 said:

Madonna fan base is bigger and stronger than Taylor Swift ?  you think so?  but why the Taylor's music video got 2 millions views within 24 hours and enters Hot 100 and landed in top10 so fast.  i dont get it ,  i just dont get it .

Uhm, why quote me? I didn't say those. 

13 hours ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Let's not act like if Secret were released today it would be the hit it was in 1994. The point is, both Crave and Secret are neither ballads nor "disco stompers".....they're mid-tempo, R&B oriented, relatively mellow tracks. That's where the similarities lie for me. Whatever song someone likes more is a matter of taste and will vary from person to person.......the major difference though is that people actually had the opportunity to hear Secret......that opportunity isn't as widespread with Crave so how can it ever fulfill it's full commercial potential given that fact?

38 minutes ago, Sideris said:

This means that madonna’s crave is the most added song on AC format 

I know, but Crave seems like lost in action. I hope she will have minor hit, because the song deserves it. 

We need to keep requesting on Twitter on AC stations like 102.7 in NY, and ____in LA with enough adds maybe even Hot AC will start playing it. Who knows. 

Hello Guys  read this! 

Now drivetime host Scott Mills has given his take on the apparent blacklisting of Madge, admitting he the only reason Radio 1 don't play Madonna's new music is that she isn't good enough anymore. "I understand that she is still trying to make relevant young music but I think if it was good enough then why wouldn’t we play it?

"To be honest I don’t think the Eurovision was great. "It is clear that she ... I mean, you can’t redo the vocals on a video and not expect people to notice when 200 million watched the show." Admitting he initially thought when he watched the performance live in the arena in Tel Aviv, the star continued: "In the arena it didn’t sound bad but I was expecting more and she was just walking down the stairs. Personally I don’t think the new track connected and that makes me go 'ok, well is it really relevant to be played on Radio 1?'"

Insisting despite the tonguelashing he still is a fan of the Like A Prayer superstar, the BBC regular said: "Look, I love Madonna so I don’t want her to be below par. "I was really hoping she would be good at Eurovision Understanding the backlash from Madge's fans, Scott added: "I think is it because it’s Madonna people think we should play her. "She always makes it about her age but I don’t think it is the fact she is 60 or her age at all. "I just think maybe it’s not good enough. I want old Madonna back and it would be fine."

Any thoughts ???

Guest CzarnaWisnia
6 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Let's not act like if Secret were released today it would be the hit it was in 1994. The point is, both Crave and Secret are neither ballads nor "disco stompers".....they're mid-tempo, R&B oriented, relatively mellow tracks. That's where the similarities lie for me. Whatever song someone likes more is a matter of taste and will vary from person to person.......the major difference though is that people actually had the opportunity to hear Secret......that opportunity isn't as widespread with Crave so how can it ever fulfill it's full commercial potential given that fact?

It's true that we'll never know because there just isn't any exposure to the song. Even though in 1994 M was coming off the "flop" (considered, at the time...) Erotica era, Secret was on the radio immediately and was playing all the time. People were still hungry for a new Madonna single, but even the general public could hear her new music and get interested in it. Things are so different in 2019 that it doesn't really make sense to me to even compare. The way people listen to music has changed dramatically, and the status Madonna has enjoyed for decades in relation to the general public isn't as it was, sadly. I doubt many people in the general public are that hungry for a new Madonna single. Crave is ok, but I doubt it's going to win a lot of people over, if they ever get a chance to hear it at all. It's good she had the chance to expose 200 million people to the song at the Euro... oops, my bad.

3 minutes ago, Bradie80 said:

Hello Guys  read this! 

Now drivetime host Scott Mills has given his take on the apparent blacklisting of Madge, admitting he the only reason Radio 1 don't play Madonna's new music is that she isn't good enough anymore. "I understand that she is still trying to make relevant young music but I think if it was good enough then why wouldn’t we play it?

"To be honest I don’t think the Eurovision was great. "It is clear that she ... I mean, you can’t redo the vocals on a video and not expect people to notice when 200 million watched the show." Admitting he initially thought when he watched the performance live in the arena in Tel Aviv, the star continued: "In the arena it didn’t sound bad but I was expecting more and she was just walking down the stairs. Personally I don’t think the new track connected and that makes me go 'ok, well is it really relevant to be played on Radio 1?'"

Insisting despite the tonguelashing he still is a fan of the Like A Prayer superstar, the BBC regular said: "Look, I love Madonna so I don’t want her to be below par. "I was really hoping she would be good at Eurovision Understanding the backlash from Madge's fans, Scott added: "I think is it because it’s Madonna people think we should play her. "She always makes it about her age but I don’t think it is the fact she is 60 or her age at all. "I just think maybe it’s not good enough. I want old Madonna back and it would be fine."

Any thoughts ???

I tweeted the following....

D9A014B6-1675-4277-94E5-C9C2EA533A61.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Ven Conmigo said:

Airplay overall so far is still extremely minor.

It’s still great to hear a new Madonna song on the radio in the car....radio is still a common experience where you and hundreds or thousands of others are simultaneously sharing a moment. 

1 hour ago, Bradie80 said:

Hello Guys  read this! 

Any thoughts ???

This guy certainly has a talent for being a bullshitter....lol.....love the "I want old Madonna back..." bit to justify his flimsy reasoning for not playing her. Any actual fan of her's can see through this tired schtick immediately.

So, we're going with the "we aren't playing because of Eurovision" card....and that's fair enough....but it's the wrong card. The song she performed wasn't even the single, so that's not the song he'd be playing anyways.....there was a single out a full month before she ever performed and they didn't play that either. Not to mention the past 10 yrs where they've never played her......so, try again Scotty boy!! Her age just couldn't possibly have ANYTHING to do with it whatsoever....not a chance of that.....lol.....all those 60+ artists they play regularly would agree I'm sure! :rolleyes: 

21 hours ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Any huge music star the level Madonna was in 1990 will have a top 10 hit with any decent sounding song.

That's not saying much! Radio would play anything she released at that time. The fact that Justify My Love went to #1 is evidence of that. It's not radio-friendly at all!

18 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

This guy certainly has a talent for being a bullshitter....lol.....love the "I want old Madonna back..." bit to justify his flimsy reasoning for not playing her. Any actual fan of her's can see through this tired schtick immediately.

So, we're going with the "we aren't playing because of Eurovision" card....and that's fair enough....but it's the wrong card. The song she performed wasn't even the single, so that's not the song he'd be playing anyways.....there was a single out a full month before she ever performed and they didn't play that either. Not to mention the past 10 yrs where they've never played her......so, try again Scotty boy!! Her age just couldn't possibly have ANYTHING to do with it whatsoever....not a chance of that.....lol.....all those 60+ artists they play regularly would agree I'm sure! :rolleyes: 

Yeah. It's all bullshit. Shouldn't the general public be the ones who judge whether a song is good or not? If they don't hear it, how would they know? So just because her new single doesn't sound like "old Madonna" then it won't get played at all? Good logic. What a dumbass.

Just now, frzndrwnwrld said:

Yeah. It's all bullshit. Shouldn't the general public be the ones who judge whether a song is good or not? If they don't hear it, how would they know? So just because her new single doesn't sound like "old Madonna" then it won't get played at all? Good logic. What a dumbass.

Exactly! As if Frozen or Like A Prayer sounded like "old Madonna" when they were released. The man clearly has no reason so he's grasping at straws......not shocking though, Radio 1 seems to do this regarding Madonna pretty regularly these days.

On 6/3/2019 at 1:57 AM, frzndrwnwrld said:

If I ever had the opportunity to ask Madonna a question, this would be it! I've always wanted to know. I was soooooo looking forward to the video and it never happened. 😞

and Impresive instant´s video/single!! what the hell happened?