STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

4 minutes ago, metalissimo said:

Are Medellin remixes available for sale on ITunes? 

Are Medellin remixes also available on Spotify, Apple or other streaming media? 

There are two Medellin remixes on both Spotify and Apple that were uploaded two weeks ago when they were released. I was hoping we will get a couple of more by now, so I can buy them and also to guaranty more options for DJs club plays.

5 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

The video still skipping and they don’t care enough to fix it. 

Who should fix this? Her team or YT? The video has probably lost a lot of views because of this issue.

2 hours ago, Eyeslikethedesert said:

How does the I Rise YouTube clip have more views than the Crave video?!? That's muy loca...

It’s been out a week longer. Plus, most people I know like the song a lot. It’s more the fans who seem indifferent to it.

3 minutes ago, Shane said:

It’s been out a week longer. Plus, most people I know like the song a lot. It’s more the fans who seem indifferent to it.

*2 weeks

To put it all in an extremely reductive way, until Madonna gets some substantial radio airplay (or until Billboard changes their quotients for songs to chart) then I don't think she's going to have a big hit song in the way we want again. Out of all the songs released so far, Crave is the most obvious "hit sounding" song....it's like Secret to me....smooth, subdued and most importantly.... a grower. Secret had the advantage of coming out when she was still a force on radio though. That song hung around the charts forever!! If I recall, it and TAB were actually in the top 10 on Billboard at the same time for a minute. We're in another time now though kiddies!! 

24 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

To put it all in an extremely reductive way, until Madonna gets some substantial radio airplay (or until Billboard changes their quotients for songs to chart) then I don't think she's going to have a big hit song in the way we want again. Out of all the songs released so far, Crave is the most obvious "hit sounding" song....it's like Secret to me....smooth, subdued and most importantly.... a grower. Secret had the advantage of coming out when she was still a force on radio though. That song hung around the charts forever!! If I recall, it and TAB were actually in the top 10 on Billboard at the same time for a minute. We're in another time now though kiddies!! 

Exactly.  That’s why I never pay attention to the endless discussions of what would have been “a better single.”  Many songs from Hard Candy to now would have been huge hits in her days as a force on radio, particularly Give It 2 Me, Miles Away, and Ghosttown.  It’s not a matter of the wrong choices.  It’s simply not going to happen. A minor AC hit will be a nice treat. 

I am talking about USA.  She could still have a pop radio hit in other countries I’m sure. US is obsessed with youth, sadly.

12 minutes ago, Shane said:

Exactly.  That’s why I never pay attention to the endless discussions of what would have been “a better single.”  Many songs from Hard Candy to now would have been huge hits in her days as a force on radio, particularly Give It 2 Me, Miles Away, and Ghosttown.  It’s not a matter of the wrong choices.  It’s simply not going to happen. A minor AC hit will be a nice treat. 

I am talking about USA.  She could still have a pop radio hit in other countries I’m sure. US is obsessed with youth, sadly.

Yep! It always baffles me when people suggest that ALL singles since 2008 (basically) have been bad choices and citing the fact that there hasn't been "hits" as evidence of that. In another time, even the least desirable of songs would've made a little dent on the charts. Since 4M she's had 12 singles and ONE has made top 10 (on Billboard).....sorry, but not ALL of them were "bad choices". Obviously, there's something else at play here. Don't understand how some others blatantly refuse to acknowledge that.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
1 hour ago, Kurt420 said:

Yep! It always baffles me when people suggest that ALL singles since 2008 (basically) have been bad choices and citing the fact that there hasn't been "hits" as evidence of that. In another time, even the least desirable of songs would've made a little dent on the charts. Since 4M she's had 12 singles and ONE has made top 10 (on Billboard).....sorry, but not ALL of them were "bad choices". Obviously, there's something else at play here. Don't understand how some others blatantly refuse to acknowledge that.

I've always found it humorous that many fans do rave about certain albums/songs, but once it doesn't click with the public, chart or get bad reviews, many of the fans jump on the bandwagon in trashing it as well. 

Yeah, I want Madonna to have another top 10 single. The likely of that happening is slim to none as you outlined above regarding the Billboard requirements and the lack of radio play.  Those two factors play a big part in why she isn't getting anywhere with her singles.  Oh and the fact she is 60 years old and pop radio doesn't play people that age. LOL! 😉

I do believe single choice does make a difference.  DAD was played alot but American Life was not, just a few months later.

Of course now, I dont think it would matter, at 60.  On the flip side, there really are only so many spaces on radio.  If they were still playing Donna summer in the 80s, would an Italian girl named Madonna have been able to break through?

8 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

To be fair, she DID make a lot of poor single choices after 4 Minutes. Not having Beat Goes On as a single was a travesty. All the MDNA singles were wrong.

6 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

I do believe single choice does make a difference.  DAD was played alot but American Life was not, just a few months later.

The Iraq war says hello. I maintain had it not been for the anti war hysteria regarding the video the song would have had a very different reception.

Damn, if Madame X were released on May 24, 2019, it definitely would debut on no 1 on Billboard 200 albums chart and become her 9th no 1 album. 

On Next week's Billboard 200 albums chart (May 24-30 cycle), Billie Eilish will return to no 1 with 60k equivalent album units which is definitely less than Madame X would have. 

I think Madame X has bad luck to be released on the same day with Bruce Springsteen new album. 

Cmon all Madonna fans in the US, who have bought Madame X tickets, please redeem Madame X albums. 

Edited by metalissimo
Info

4 hours ago, metalissimo said:

Damn, if Madame X were released on May 24, 2019, it definitely would debut on no 1 on Billboard 200 albums chart and become her 9th no 1 album. 

On Next week's Billboard 200 albums chart (May 24-30 cycle), Billie Eilish will return to no 1 with 60k equivalent album units which is definitely less than Madame X would have. 

I think Madame X has bad luck to be released on the same day with Bruce Springsteen new album. 

Cmon all Madonna fans in the US, who have bought Madame X tickets, please redeem Madame X albums. 

Hello ,    Hello  ,   No one cares  about Bruce Springsteen anymore . -  He does not have huge fan base like Madonna .  Trust me .    Would be bad if Taylor Swift release same time as Madonna's   . by the way  CRAVE single  been played few times in   102.7 NEW YORK  and  104.1 FM  some madonna fans said to me.

Edited by Bradie80

3 hours ago, Bradie80 said:

Hello ,    Hello  ,   No one cares  about Bruce Springsteen anymore . -  He does not have huge fan base like Madonna .  Trust me .    Would be bad if Taylor Swift release same time as Madonna's   . by the way  CRAVE single  been played few times in   102.7 NEW YORK  and  104.1 FM  some madonna fans said to me.

Your words relieve me. 

Actually Bruce Springsteen still has huge fan base. 

When Madame X comes out we'll have to stream it a lot, over and over again, everyday from June 14-20 to make it high first-week equivalent album units. 

19 hours ago, boy skeffington said:

The Iraq war says hello. I maintain had it not been for the anti war hysteria regarding the video the song would have had a very different reception.

Hollywood would have done much better as the 1st single.

19 hours ago, boy skeffington said:

Had nothing to do with it. The song wasn’t radio friendly and was self-absorbed. Also, the “stop-start” songs just don’t do well on radio. Medellín is the same way. The beat turns on, off, on, off. You can’t exactly dance to either song like you would the other songs on the radio. 

I think Nothing Fails would have been a perfect single choice. The fact it never got a video is criminal. 

Who cares about radio anyway? I’m still confused as to who still listens to it because nobody I know does.

22 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Hollywood would have done much better as the 1st single.

AL is one of the rare albums in Madonna discography that didn't have any real obvious hit singles. 

I think Hollywood was the only cut that screamed single......maybe Nothing fails as well but that's about it.

I adore AL as an album of course but it's one of M's least commercial albums. 

8 minutes ago, Confessit said:

AL is one of the rare albums in Madonna discography that didn't have any real obvious hit singles. 

I think Hollywood was the only cut that screamed single......maybe Nothing fails as well but that's about it.

I adore AL as an album of course but it's one of M's least commercial albums. 

Hollywood, Nothing Fails, Nobody Knows Me, Love Profusion...

1 minute ago, Flip The Switch said:

All great songs but I don't think NKM or LP scream hit single either....at least not to me. 

1 hour ago, mrsmith said:

Had nothing to do with it. The song wasn’t radio friendly and was self-absorbed. Also, the “stop-start” songs just don’t do well on radio. Medellín is the same way. The beat turns on, off, on, off. You can’t exactly dance to either song like you would the other songs on the radio. 

I think Nothing Fails would have been a perfect single choice. The fact it never got a video is criminal. 

Who cares about radio anyway? I’m still confused as to who still listens to it because nobody I know does.

I still don't understand why they didn't make video for Nothing Fails. It doesn't make sense since NF is the 3rd single. 

They made the video for the 4th single LProfusion. 

10 hours ago, mrsmith said:

American Life single killed the momentum of Madonna single's top 40 station airplay. 

If the first single had been Hollywood, it wouldve definitely got radio airplay. 

Die Another Day got top 40 stations airplay 4 months before (November 2002). 

Edited by metalissimo
Info

12 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

Love Profusion...

Such a hypnotic song. I love it.

19 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

Not in the States!

nobody knows me is great and very likeable. But it would have sounded extremely bizarre on the radio at the time. 

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
On 6/1/2019 at 2:59 AM, Bradie80 said:

Hello ,    Hello  ,   No one cares  about Bruce Springsteen anymore . -  He does not have huge fan base like Madonna .  Trust me .

Actually he does have a huge fan base.  It's old school, so they still buy physicals much like Madonna's older base.  His base is strong in the U.S. and some of Europe, so in those regions Madonna and Bruce will probably be neck to neck.  Both are struggling to gain popularity in the digital world and streaming. Though, I wouldn't count out Bruce.  I have a feeling he will beat her out in the U.S., since the album is his first of new original material and it's very Americana. 

No doubt, the closer to the release, this will come of more and more, and I'm betting it might get some press that both are competing for the #1 spot.  Her APPLE deal could be  big help though.