MEDELLIN: first single (cover reveal) + more MADAME X teasers

1 minute ago, Iconic Fetus said:

It’s always EST, so 00:00 NYC time, or in 16 hours and 44 minutes.

Really? A premiere at midnight? 

Just now, Lolo said:

Really? A premiere at midnight? 

The artist always drop new music whether songs or albums at midnight, unless they had a special premiere on a channel/program but no one has mentioned that so it can be at midnight...

Just now, Iconic Fetus said:

The artist always drop new music whether songs or albums at midnight, unless they had a special premiere on a channel/program but no one has mentioned that so it can be at midnight...

Ok seems I’m completely confused now. I thought it was just a video premiere tomorrow. So the song drops tomorrow? 

11 minutes ago, San said:

It is just past 10 pm here on the east coast of Australia. I highly doubt it will be released at midnight. 

Logically it will be a simultaneous global release, not led in Australia.

Agree

I guess the worldwide release will depend on USA tomorrow? 

3 minutes ago, Lolo said:

Any ideas what time it could be? 

Again, logically, a time when there would be peak audience reach in the largest market(s). Midnight seems silly to me. Either in the morning as people start their day or on the way home from work. Probably US led.

Us Aussies can catch up later 😊

This is only what I think is logical of course.

6 minutes ago, Nikki said:

we should get some teasers right? if radio stations have it..

Radio stations usually only get the song once the link in a certain server becomes operative or once the song appears in a platform they use. 

It's 17 April in New Zealand now, and there's nothing on iTunes NZ yet - which just further emphasizes the fact that "Medellín" is following a non-traditional release schedule.

1 minute ago, Bretticus said:

I'm assuming it will be released sometime during the day in the US, so early Thursday morning in Australia/NZ

I agree.  We always have to wait longer when it comes to premieres like this, but then we win when it comes to official release dates/times 🙂

17 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

Is guy o dead? Have we scares him? 

I don't think he's involved anymore directly. His management company, Maverick, has posted the new single on IG and Twitter, but nothing from him at all.

Pretty sure when I wake up tomorrow morning central time in USA, it’ll be all over the internet 

42 minutes ago, Msig said:

It's 17 April in New Zealand now, and there's nothing on iTunes NZ yet - which just further emphasizes the fact that "Medellín" is following a non-traditional release schedule.

actually it seems pretty traditional, all or most 'big releases' have simultaneous releases on streaming which launch at Midnight US time for maximum impact rather than have them trickle down from country to country and have it results in leaks which will lead in the release having lesser impact in the global spotify charts.

5 minutes ago, JWAD said:

I don't think he's involved anymore directly. His management company, Maverick, has posted the new single on IG and Twitter, but nothing from him at all.

He commented on Madonna's post the other day (he posted love hearts under her announcement).

2 minutes ago, shantytyrelle said:

actually it seems pretty traditional, all or most 'big releases' have simultaneous releases on streaming which launch at Midnight US time for maximum impact rather than have them trickle down from country to country and have it results in leaks which will lead in the release having lesser impact in the global spotify charts.

The issue, though, is that it's being released five days into the chart cycle, which means that it's not going to have maximum impact on the charts anyway (assuming it's released to streaming services on April 17th).  They're not following a traditional release pattern at all with this one (at least that's how it appears at the moment).

Guy O hasn’t posted anything on Instagram since March 29th, so.... maybe he’s taking a break from it? Anyway, Madonna is doing enough and more importantly, she’s striking it while it’s hot! Song coming out tomorrow!! While I’m not big on Maluma and reggaeton, I can’t wait and I’m hoping for the best!!

11 minutes ago, JWAD said:

we can only hope he stays far away

3 minutes ago, Carta said:

The issue, though, is that it's being released five days into the chart cycle, which means that it's not going to have maximum impact on the charts anyway (assuming it's released to streaming services on April 17th).  They're not following a traditional release pattern at all with this one (at least that's how it appears at the moment).

true in terms of that it seems weird and non-traditional, but also seems weird to release the video without releasing the song itself, it'd just hurt momentum, saw US MTV just tweeted about news coming tomorrow...was hoping for more confirmation today but seems it'll be #soon, god I'm so effin HYPED