MEDELLIN: first single (cover reveal) + more MADAME X teasers

31 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

:lol:

LOL

This specific friend is always correcting me.

My Spanish sucks even when I try pronouncing easy words. 

8 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

They literally took this exact post from Stevvy (massive Mariah stan) a poster on UkMIX and ATRL who said this exact same thing. All just speculation and no basis for anything. 

The guy that runs that account is a moron. I don’t bother retweeting liking anything he posts. 

9 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

They literally took this exact post from Stevvy (massive Mariah stan) a poster on UkMIX and ATRL who said this exact same thing. All just speculation and no basis for anything. 

what a....

Just now, Magician said:

The guy that runs that account is a moron. I don’t bother retweeting liking anything he posts. 

this

The Guardian article that someone posted earlier is a little shady. Suggesting that M has likely lifted this persona from underground DJ Madam X (who????)... a very odd argument is crafted that ultimately goes nowhere except showing how once again the Guardian just can’t report on her without being negative.

Im excited to see the positive reactions on social media tho.

EDGING to wake up to new M music within days 🤞🏻

Is this the thread talking about a famous brand lunching the album or single? Do we know if she is doing anything with Apple? There must be a reason for the cutting apples pictures. I am just speculating.

1 hour ago, datf said:

What’s the amount of streams to get her to top 10 in the usa?

The Spotify Top 10 you mean? 800K. 2,5M WW

https://spotifycharts.com/regional

Billboard Hot 100... i don't know. That is a mix between sales, streaming and radios. It's very difficult to chart there.

1 hour ago, metalissimo said:

We will have to stream Medelline a lot starting from April 17 to make it debut high on Hot 100 next week.

It's been 4 years since her last Hot 100 entry.

Check the streaming thread for a discussion of this - only 10 streams per account per 24-hour period contribute to chart calculations (unless this is not true in the US - if anyone can verify this, please do!!).

56 minutes ago, iamme said:

It’d be very satisfying if the 1st single and album are as successful as Hung Up and COADF

Hell I'll settle for 4M and HC chart success.

4M was HUGE in 2008 on the charts

For example, Iggy’s Sally Walker came out one month ago and on the first week it had like 20M video views and 4.5M on Spotify and it debuted at #62 on Billboard with like 10k digital sales too.

M has more hype and Maluma and will get those numbers easier, but if she releases this Wednesday the song will only have two days for billboard to count, so that week it might not debut but it will on the next one, it’s fine because the weekend is going to push the song and the streaming will keep rising, kinda weird that they chose this Wednesday, maybe they really wanted to take advantage of the holy days/ Easter when there’s no school and everyone is on holiday and clubs.

BIM video had like 13.2M views on the first day, so this can maybe be similar.

The song needs to grow on Spotify playlists, that’s the new way to see if a song is catching up with the general audience, Airplay and iTunes are just a fraction of what they used to be now, Xtina hit #1 with Fall in line on iTunes several hours and it debuted at #98 on Billboard 💩

Some tea from a person who works in the radio industry at Pulse Music Board:

A radio edit will be serviced to radios, it's safe to say they will work this on radio.

Video premieres on April 24th.

Main Version: 4:57
Radio Edit: 4:10

And the album will be released on June 14th.

1 hour ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

That deluded Pariah lamb is one of the worse thing in ukmix. He always exaggerate Pariah's sales.

Ingrid C has heard it! She posted this on Perez Hilton!

B98364D2-F7F9-4B23-A038-F2CD502E4EA6.png

I read this on ATRl, has anyone heard or read anything ?

“A radio edit will be serviced to radios, it's safe to say they will work this on radio.
Medellín out & Album Pre-Order 4/17
Album released on 6/14”

looking at it again, it’s probably fake, since we are most likely getting the video Wednesday.  

20 minutes ago, horn said:

Because her last album COADF was a huge success.

HC also sold well internationally, 4 million Worldwide , #9 top selling Album of 2008 worldwide

9 minutes ago, TXIII said:

“A radio edit will be serviced to radios, it's safe to say they will work this on radio.
Album released on 6/14”

looking at it again, it’s probably fake, since we are most likely getting the video Wednesday.  

i read someone saying that the song was long on another forum. So it's probably true. And that is a good sign because her long songs are always good/worthy

12 minutes ago, TXIII said:

Album released on 6/14”

Robster already said the video is coming the 17th as well. The other info could be true though. Hopefully

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
7 minutes ago, TXIII said:

Album released on 6/14”

Could it be that this is true, and her team is looking to debut the song first and then a week later debut the video to push the song to its maximum, hoping for a strong debut on the charts? 

Meanwhile if this is true, the album is still two months out.  I'm gritting my teeth here, hoping someone doesn't leak it beforehand. 

I have a feeling there's a second single geared up to be released in May to make sure the interest is still there between Eurovision and the release of the album.  

Let's remember that her best songs are always almost 5 or almost 5 minutes. So they believe it's worthy

-Vogue: 4:49

-Frozen: 6:13

-Don't Tell Me: 4:40

-Hung Up: 5:36

-Like A Prayer:

-Ray Of Light: 5:21

-Secret: 5:05

April 17th: MTV exclusive music video release (TV debut + Snapchat)

April 19th: Song and video officially released on all platforms 

April 24th: MTV live interview/album press release 

I feel like they’re going to roll it out like that?

Whats the point of “MTV exclusive” if the song/video get released everywhere on the same day (April 17th)?

Some possibilities for US promo:

Billboard Music Awards - May 1st (but she probably won't do it as she'll be rehearsing for Eurovision). The Billboard Latin Music Awards would be fun too. 

MTV Movie & TV Awards - tapes June 15th (airs June 17th, but the album will be released by then which will be perfect).

The Voice maybe? She'll do Ellen and Fallon for her usual talk shows, but I'd like Colbert & Kimmel too. 

13 minutes ago, caba1 said:

Let's remember that her best songs are always almost 5 or almost 5 minutes. So they believe it's worthy

-Vogue: 4:49

-Frozen: 6:13

-Don't Tell Me: 4:40

-Hung Up: 5:36

-Like A Prayer:

-Ray Of Light: 5:21

-Secret: 5:05

This. I particularly don’t like radio edits, but I understand the purpose.