New album thread - cont

22 minutes ago, Suedey said:

To tarnish an entire genre of music because you don't like two artists is beyond pathetic. 

So it's not generally misogynistic and anti gay?

Calling women bitches and hos...

When Eminem was rapping about "faggot" this and "faggot" that

And it DOESN'T promote violence and gun culture?

Please enlighten me dear smart,intelligent , "woke" person you!

2 minutes ago, Samo said:

So it's not generally misogynistic and anti gay?

Calling women bitches and hos...

When Eminem was rapping about "faggot" this and "faggot" that

And it DOESN'T promote violence and gun culture?

Please enlighten me dear smart,intelligent , "woke" person you!

We're going to build a wall! And they're gonna pay for it! And it's gonna be beautiful! Nasty woman! I like to grab women by the pussy & just kiss them! 

Guys why does everything end in an argument on here ? And every other Madonna forum. 

It's not racist, casual or extreme to hate rap. 

BUT ALSO she's been working with rappers since 1992 so I don't understand why people are shocked that she's "suddenly" working with them.

Just now, Danmacevents said:

Guys why does everything end in an argument on here ? And every other Madonna forum. 

It's not racist, casual or extreme to hate rap. 

BUT ALSO she's been working with rappers since 1992 so I don't understand why people are shocked that she's "suddenly" working with them.

Sorry but it is casual racism to say that all rap, a genre where the majority of artists are not white, happens to be sexist, misogynistic, promotes gun violence and is homophobic. That is just ignorant. Yes, certain aspects of gangster rap are repugnant, but not all rap music is. That's like saying that all folk singers are Republican or that all female singers like to subjugated by men or that all British singers are pro-Brexit. It's bullshit and I won't stand for it. 

1 minute ago, Suedey said:

Sorry but it is casual racism to say that all rap, a genre where the majority of artists are not white, happens to be sexist, misogynistic, promotes gun violence and is homophobic. That is just ignorant. Yes, certain aspects of gangster rap are repugnant, but not all rap music is. That's like saying that all folk singers are Republican or that all female singers like to subjugated by men or that all British singers are pro-Brexit. It's bullshit and I won't stand for it. 

I do get your point but I think emotions are high. Maybe because all Madonna fans are dramatic queens? (Im being controversial) I have to say you are right about rap. Some of it is actually beautifully executed poetry. 

3 hours ago, jonski43 said:

But the market has changed for singles. They need time to build and get on playlists. Both Kylie and Slob's lead singles took weeks to get people interested and streamed and chart.

If the single is released this week, by the time Eurovision comes round, it will hopefully have built some momentum and got onto playlists.

Perhaps we should create some themed playlists on Spotify and see if we can spread the word that way.

That's a fair point. 

But that would mean Madonna taking the Maluma track to the Eurovision.....I suppose if it's a good song, plus the massive streaming following he has plus the performance is all ingridiants for a chart hit. 

But I prefer the rumoured idea of 2 leads in 2 markets and the disco track sounds like a perfect fit for Eurovision.

20 minutes ago, Suedey said:

They weren’t saying ‘all rap’. Rap is a genre which collectively normalises mysogny, violence, homophobia, objectification of women and consumerism. That’s a fact. What is racist is to to make excuses for this kind of behaviour  because of the skin colour of the people who do it. I love Madonna but it is completely hypocritical of her to criticise mysogny - and Trumps mysogny, for that matter - and then celebrate or work with homophobic and mysogynistic rappers. 

56 minutes ago, Milosc89 said:

It looks like media is finally waking up (at the same time) and it looks like it’s a well planned too! Our Madame is not joking this time! 

23B371D1-089F-4FB9-9203-D3EB9FC97405.jpeg

THANK GOD

I'm sure next week we're getting a promo photo or pieces of a cover art

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Do still think the 2 single stragety is true? Robster? ☺

I hope so as Maluma is a non presence in Europe and the disco stomper track is a perfect fit for the Eurovision event.

2 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I hope so as Maluma is a non presence in Europe and the disco stomper track is a perfect fit for the Eurovision event.

I hope robster has some info. He has proven to be right about everything he has said.

3 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

I hope robster has some info. He has proven to be right about everything he has said.

Was it robster who told us all the new single is out on Wednesday ? So many connections in here I loose track. 

20 minutes ago, Danny Bubbles said:

They weren’t saying ‘all rap’. Rap is a genre which collectively normalises mysogny, violence, homophobia, objectification of women and consumerism. That’s a fact. What is racist is to to make excuses for this kind of behaviour  because of the skin colour of the people who do it. I love Madonna but it is completely hypocritical of her to criticise mysogny - and Trumps mysogny, for that matter - and then celebrate or work with homophobic and mysogynistic rappers. 

EXACTLY dude, couldn't of said it better myself and again I used to listen to rap a lot when I was a teenager/twentysomething, but I grew up and realized that most of it isn't for me anymore

45 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

I do get your point but I think emotions are high. Maybe because all Madonna fans are dramatic queens? (Im being controversial) I have to say you are right about rap. Some of it is actually beautifully executed poetry. 

I'm not even gay... Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I hate people who toss the word "faggot" around, like in a lot of rap songs...

See what I did there?

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

Was it robster who told us all the new single is out on Wednesday ? So many connections in here I loose track. 

I dont remember, I think he said april 18, which is a thursday, I am not sure. But robster did say he believed in a 2 single stagety some time ago but this theory hasnt been discussed for awhile. 

Just now, Bat-Fan said:

I dont remember, I think he said april 18, which is a thursday, I am not sure. But robster did say he believed in a 2 single stagety some time ago but this theory hasnt been discussed for awhile. 

Someone in here has confirmed the new single is out on Wednesday and called medilin and it's the Maluma track .

I think the 2 singles rumour must be true as she has 2 music videos in the bag ready to unleash.....I don't think they'll be the normal 3 month wait between singles.

Why diss collabs?? Veni vidi vici feat nas is brill  🙂made it into my fav tracks RH and shes had plenty of other great collaborations over the yrs. Collabs WILL always be a positive with Madonna and with the way the music industry is going regarding views/streams etc its a no brainer :$

1 minute ago, Andra said:

Can you believe that we might possibly get the first single in about 3 days now?

tenor.gif

Or even 2 singles.