New album thread - cont

33 minutes ago, Suedey said:

Sorry but it is casual racism to say that all rap, a genre where the majority of artists are not white, happens to be sexist, misogynistic, promotes gun violence and is homophobic. That is just ignorant. Yes, certain aspects of gangster rap are repugnant, but not all rap music is. That's like saying that all folk singers are Republican or that all female singers like to subjugated by men or that all British singers are pro-Brexit. It's bullshit and I won't stand for it. 

Feel strongly people have the right to hate hip hop and the negative messages the music has unapologetically promoted for decades. Think the hiphop communities have gotten much better, but it took a long time for them to give up tolerating anti homo messages.. Of course, NOT everyone n the genre is or has been homophobic. You have to judge people individually and not by any group identity. Also, just because rappers are mostly racial minorities it doesn't mean we have to walk on eggshells when calling out their ignorance and even hatred. 

Just now, Nick said:

Feel strongly people have the right to hate hip hop and the negative messages the music has unapologetically promoted for decades. Think the hiphop communities have gotten much better, but it took a long time for them to give up tolerating anti homo messages.. Of course, NOT everyone n the genre is or has been homophobic. You have to judge people individually and not by any group identity. Also, just because rappers are mostly racial minorities it doesn't mean we have to walk on eggshells when calling out their ignorance and even hatred. 

Exactly and my favorite type of music is old school R&B like Ron Isley, Peobo Bryson, Jeffrey Osbourne, Luther Vandross (RIP), James Ingram (RIP) etc

And a lot of those SINGERS have spoken out about a lot of the negative effects that lot, not all, rap music has had on the African American community

3 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

Guys why does everything end in an argument on here ? And every other Madonna forum. 

It's not racist, casual or extreme to hate rap. 

BUT ALSO she's been working with rappers since 1992 so I don't understand why people are shocked that she's "suddenly" working with them.

This. She has been working with rappers since 1990 (Vogue, herself). The others are:

Vanilla Ice, Big Daddy Kane (1992, Sex, Erotica music video)

Mark Goodman, Dave Murphy (1992, Did You Do It?)

Everlast (1993, Waiting Remix)

Allstar (1994, Secret remix)

Me'shell, Tupac (1994, I'd Rather Be Your Lover)

Nine (1995, Human Nature Howie Tee Remix sample)

Missy Elliot (2003, American Life remix, Into the Hollywood Groove, MTV VMAs)

Timbaland (2008, Hard Candy)

Pharrell (2007, 2008, 2015, Hey You, Hard Candy, Rebel Heart demos)

Kanye West (2008, 2015, Beat Goes On, Rebel Heart producer)

Flo Rida (2008, 4 Minutes Timbaland remix)

Cherine Anderson (2008, Give It 2 Me Sly & Robbie remix)

Lil Wayne (2009, Revolver)

Akon (2009, Celebration remix)

Nicki Minaj (2012, 2015, GMAYL, I Don't Give A F, Bitch I'm Madonna)

MIA (2012, GMAYL, BDay Song)

LMFAO (2012, GMAYL remix)

Far East Movement (2012, Turn Up the Radio remix)

Chance the Rapper (2015, Iconic)

Nas (2015, VVV)

Valyd (2015, Holy Water demo)

25 minutes ago, JWAD said:

Screenshot_20190414_120939_com.instagram.android.jpg

Stylish queen, that's the M I love! :thumbsup:

As for the IG clues, I'm really enjoying this rollout and am honestly very surprised about it all (in a positive way) as I absolutely did not expect this approach at all. It's so cool to have an artist who's close to 40 years in the business still being able to create such an excitement and drum up her fanbase around a new release. 

I find Madame X to be an interesting title, it's a very Madonna-esque title indeed and open to interpretation like many previous album titles are so it fits well into her discography. Though I have the feeling it's not the actual album title, but like others said more like the character she's going to take on in her videos (and tour?) for this era.

In any case, very exciting times ahead! :thumbsup:

I don't often post but I have never been so excited about a new era since she cut her hair and threw away all her bangles and crucifixes! 😁.  Madame X has arrived. Even the way she is promoting it is akin to espionage!

28 minutes ago, JWAD said:

There is our queen Madam X! She is looking like perfection! We haven’t seen her in so long. She looks poised, confident and snatched! Take us with you our queen we are ready to serve!

38 minutes ago, JWAD said:

This. She has been working with rappers since 1990 (Vogue, herself). The others are:

Vanilla Ice, Big Daddy Kane (1992, Sex, Erotica music video)

Mark Goodman, Dave Murphy (1992, Did You Do It?)

Everlast (1993, Waiting Remix)

Allstar (1994, Secret remix)

Me'shell, Tupac (1994, I'd Rather Be Your Lover)

Nine (1995, Human Nature Howie Tee Remix sample)

Missy Elliot (2003, American Life remix, Into the Hollywood Groove, MTV VMAs)

Timbaland (2008, Hard Candy)

Pharrell (2007, 2008, 2015, Hey You, Hard Candy, Rebel Heart demos)

Kanye West (2008, 2015, Beat Goes On, Rebel Heart producer)

Flo Rida (2008, 4 Minutes Timbaland remix)

Cherine Anderson (2008, Give It 2 Me Sly & Robbie remix)

Lil Wayne (2009, Revolver)

Akon (2009, Celebration remix)

Nicki Minaj (2012, 2015, GMAYL, I Don't Give A F, Bitch I'm Madonna)

MIA (2012, GMAYL, BDay Song)

LMFAO (2012, GMAYL remix)

Far East Movement (2012, Turn Up the Radio remix)

Chance the Rapper (2015, Iconic)

Nas (2015, VVV)

Valyd (2015, Holy Water demo)

BEASTIE BOYS (1985, The Virgin Tour)

14 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

That vintage Hollywood glamour look - Madonna always does it to perfection. Love the black and white blouse. 

very Dalmatian

39 minutes ago, JWAD said:

Wow she is just lovely. So beautiful. She's back and she's ready. Woo hoo! STUNNING!!!!!❤️❤️❤️👸🏼✨✨

6 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

There is our queen Madam X! She is looking like perfection! We haven’t seen her in so long. She looks poised, confident and snatched! Take us with you our queen we are ready to serve!

Yes yes yes. ALWAYS ready to serve.