New album thread - cont

46 minutes ago, Jairo said:

Guys, I have a friend who works close to Maluma's team. 

The song will be premiered next Wednesday and it has a spanish title that we saw on the blackboard: 'Medellín'. Maluma is joining Madonna next week promoting the single in social media.

I can't tell more details, but my friend told me that it's a really good song. She's coming!

"Mercury in retrograde ends the Post-Shadow on April 16 :wow:

18 minutes ago, Jairo said:

Don't worry, there's a huge brand who will have the worldwide exclusive and it's perfect because tomorrow is the beginning of the Holy Week in Catholic countries. Thursday and Friday are Holidays so Wednesday is perfect for LATAM and then a Thursday release worldwide.

Intrigued by the "huge brand" part. Since she has been very active in Spotify, maybe they could get the exclusive release. 🤔

15 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

Yes I saw that, but why do people say it’s fan made? 

Why you believe them is more the question you should ask yourself.

Next Friday is Good Friday before Easter, the single most important holiday in Christianity, so yes, Wednesday does make more sense as a release date. 

1 hour ago, rebelgirl said:

a first single with Maluma is almost confirmed ?...

what a pity .. it's not what I've been waiting for 4 long years .. another collaboration as first single ..no!

Same. I wanted the disco one first

4 minutes ago, ursula said:

almost everything released ever since is based on disco. pop music is mostly based on disco to this day.

Thanks Stefani 

Guest eroticerotic

Hmm, while the genre definitely still exists and remains influential, I don't think pop music is mostly based on disco to this day; if you look at today's pop hits and streams, mostly everything is hip hop/trap/mumble influenced. From the beats, to the phrasing, to the vocal techniques.

And now .. Madonna.. his triumphant return with Maluma 😱😱

I can not understand ... because in USA and Europe (except Spain) this sound will like it?

Guest eroticerotic
5 minutes ago, ursula said:

The structure is still very much disco. 

I don’t see/ hear it would be curious to see some examples; can u provide some? 

17 minutes ago, eroticerotic said:

Hmm, while the genre definitely still exists and remains influential, I don't think pop music is mostly based on disco to this day; if you look at today's pop hits and streams, mostly everything is hip hop/trap/mumble influenced. From the beats, to the phrasing, to the vocal techniques.

what about 60's pop music?

For exa ple True Blue and Cherrish are directly influenced 60s girl groups

19 minutes ago, rebelgirl said:

And now .. Madonna.. his triumphant return with Maluma 😱😱

I can not understand ... because in USA and Europe (except Spain) this sound will like it?

Just go away and cry elsewhere 

30 minutes ago, reQuiem4adream said:

So what is #Magic then?

just something she used to refer to the new album

she started using it long ago, way before any track or album title was decided  so I wouldnt be surprised if it has nothing to do with the actual record

52 minutes ago, reQuiem4adream said:

So what is #Magic then?

The all dressed in white African ladies she’s been making videos with, remind me of Baianas in Brazil. I’m not sure if Candomblé is what these ladies are practicing in Portugal, but it does look a lot like it. Candomblé is not voodoo, but it definitely has magic as one of the practical forces of the religion. 

1 hour ago, Andyrs said:

Same. I wanted the disco one first

The disco single wouldn't be played on many US radio stations, so the Latin song is the better choice chartwise. Of course the queen of pop wants to have a brandnew US #1 single and a collaboration is the best way there. The disco track will smash massively worldwide later but we have seen what happened to Hung Up in the US.

5 minutes ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

The disco single wouldn't be played on many US radio stations, so the Latin song is the better choice chartwise. Of course the queen of pop wants to have a brandnew US #1 single and a collaboration is the best way there. The disco track will smash massively worldwide later but we have seen what happened to Hung Up in the US.

7 aint too shabby at this point. A song as good as HU would smash, even in USA. Its just that she has chosen the wrong singles since 2008. Constantly. Hope this is not the case and that she simply has chosen the best song as a single.

15 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

The all dressed in white African ladies she’s been making videos with, remind me of Baianas in Brazil. I’m not sure if Candomblé is what these ladies are practicing in Portugal, but it does look a lot like it. Candomblé is not voodoo, but it definitely has magic as one of the practical forces of the religion. 

I live near a five way cross roads, and the Baianas do rituals here all the time.

It has a strong musical aspect to it. Sometimes I can't even sleep. There's a lot of drums and singing. They kill animals, some of them bathe in their blood. It can be a little upsetting, but there's also a lot of beauty to it.

3 minutes ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

Hung Up on US charts:

US Billboard Hot 100: 7
US Adult Contemporary: 29
US Adult Top 40: 16
US Mainstream Top 40: 17

Yes thank you and anyway please ...HP at 60 in 2019..... , even young gay tastes ve evolved .

15 hours ago, Amelia said:

Unfortunately, the U.S. still plays a huge role for her when it comes to success.  We've seen her locked out of the U.S. and still remain successful in Europe, but with the last couple of albums she's managed to lose a lot of support world-wide.  We can say, "why should she care" or "focus" on these regions, but a country like U.S. can really help her become a huge success. It's easy to say, "fuck U.S. market", but she needs it still.  It will never be like the impact of the 80's and early 90's. but U.S. is known to be nostalgic enough to make artists like Madonna rebound from time to time.  I feel she's due for a rebound.  She's been so close recently, but it's only been her tours which have made the most impact.  It would be nice to see her albums have a little more success and respect even among her home country. 

I'll be interested to see what the Grammy's for her new album. This could help her be more successful in the U.S. 

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

:lmao: :rotfl: 

Grammy's are shit!

2 hours ago, Jairo said:

Don't worry, there's a huge brand who will have the worldwide exclusive and it's perfect because tomorrow is the beginning of the Holy Week in Catholic countries. Thursday and Friday are Holidays so Wednesday is perfect for LATAM and then a Thursday release worldwide.

😮