New album thread - cont

4 minutes ago, Beastialg said:

Taylor won't block Madonna from a #1 hit song in the US because there is like zero chances that Madonna will get another #1 there. Her best bet would be to get another top 10 hit (and extend her record) and that will be hard too.

Album is another story, but that can be managed more easily. Also there's no official date confirmation so she can move the release whenever she wants to avoid Taylor or any other artist.

Yup and isn't Madonna already the oldest female artist to have a Billboard Hot 100 single with BIM?

1 hour ago, YannBouch said:

They have to send it to radios before to make sure it will be in their songs banks. He said in Italy but pretty sure everyone has is. I have worked in this industry in the past it’s common to have the new songs 1 or 2 weeks priors. Nowadays 20-50 songs are sends to commercial radio each week and the bosses choose like what 4-5 songs at the end. 

Radio 2 will play her with the right song. Ghosttown got a lot of spins but LFL and BIM were ignored.

Heard loads of M songs recently too.

16 minutes ago, Marcelox said:

We're so close now.. I don't want to know the lyrics or any description.. by Monday probably we got the album cover and then the new single 🤩

Same here! I hope she keeps releasing a little at a time. I love that she is making us wonder and think. ....and even dream. We are getting closer and closer every day to hearing her new masterpiece and being taken on an incredible journey. ✨✨✨🌷🌷🦋

4 minutes ago, Samo said:

Yup and isn't Madonna already the oldest female artist to have a Billboard Hot 100 single with BIM?

If I'm not mistaken she has the record for oldest female artist to have a Top 10 too (Give me all your luvin´)

I also saw the toilet swiffer report this morning, complete with countdown and no mention of madonna. They will pay dearly for their insolence. Madonna is gonna blow her away this era I can feel it and I'm not just talking tour numbers which, of course, is a given.

Madonna has sold 23.5 million Records (albums and singles) in the US alone since 2000, not bad at all, and I'm not counting the digital sales of her pre 2000 singles

That's almost an average of 4 million records sold per era, she had 6 since 2000

There are huge so called popular in US artists who haven't sold that many records

27 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Same here! I hope she keeps releasing a little at a time. I love that she is making us wonder and think. ....and even dream. We are getting closer and closer every day to hearing her new masterpiece and being taken on an incredible journey. ✨✨✨🌷🌷🦋

Me too, I love the mystery surrounding this.

Knowing too much distorts my expectations and makes it all anticlimactic once it happens.

32 minutes ago, Samo said:

Well technically Brenda Lee's Rockin Around the Christmas Tree peaked in the top 10 this past Christmas. Although not sure if that 100% counts.  Special case I guess.

4 minutes ago, coco said:

Me too, I love the mystery surrounding this.

Knowing too much distorts my expectations and makes it all anticlimactic once it happens.

Exactly Coco!! 

4 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Well technically Brenda Lee's Rockin Around the Christmas Tree peaked in the top 10 this past Christmas. Although not sure if that 100% counts.  Special case I guess.

Brenda Lee wasn't 53 when she originally recorded and released it

No leaks as of yet. That is amazing. If the song with Maluma is good, it will chart, perhaps not in the US, but still. Another great song at the Eurovision and tour tickets released the same week, and then more tickets sold at the album release in June. 

If the rumors are true that the album is out in June, then I don't imagine Beyonce or Taylor will be a threat.

I doubt Beyonce's documentary alone will make much of a dent in the charts and whatever Taylor is counting down to will be out long before Madonna does her major promotion = Eurovision.

We don't even know how strong Madonnas promo will be - the fact that she's utilizing Instagram and Spotify shows that they're using new strategies and putting in the effort before any music has even been heard. There's still every chance for a hit era.

2 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

is this strategy generating any buzz?

amazing she didnt release is on the day Eurovision was conformed

Well Madonna herself hasnt confirmed it. So maybe they will announce the album and Eurovision together.

I'm pretty sure the tickets for the tour will be sold right after the Eurovision performance ( which of course will blow everyone away) and it's gonna sell like hot cakes because they will be remembered that Madonna happens to be the greatest performer on earth! Exacty like when she blew everyone away with the Superbowl, the MDNA tour sold like crazy afterwards.

3 hours ago, mrsmith said:

Hmmmm you know, I thought that might be the case but trust me. I have known robster for a long time. And I do know more, however, I told the person that has the song details to not leak it and to go away because Madonna would not be happy! I’m not sorry about that decision but trust me when I say it’s a GREAT song 

:wow: :elite:

Look at how glorious Madame X looks in this list...

Madonna
Like a Virgin
True Blue
Like a Prayer
Erotica
Bedtime Stories
Ray of Light
Music
American Life
Confessions on a Dancefloor
Hard Candy
MDNA
Rebel Heart
Madame X 

4 hours ago, mrsmith said:

Actually, the single has a great chance. I alwlays thought LFL had no chance, but this song does. It’s one of the best lead singles I have ever heard of hers. Get ready 🙂

3 hours ago, mrsmith said:

I agree!!!!! I was mad myself. And shocked to be honest. I thought for sure it would be released yesterday because they have it, but that wasn’t the case. Regardless, the song is AMAZING!!! I’m not saying that as an understatement. Maluma and Madonna are perfect together and the song is catchy!!

:wow::wow::wow:

I can't stand it, I'm so freaking excited!!!!!!!

Just the thought of a song being "sent" to a radio station days before any kind of release :lmao: This is not 2003! Nowadays songs get to radio digitally through a platform or simply through a link. They will make the link either way available the day the song is released! 

Just now, karbatal said:

:rotfl: An Italian radio station

"Amazing song" and "very catchy" lol

tenor.gif?itemid=11710213

So, Madame X (album title or pseudonym), 12 songs (She is a cha cha instructor = Indian Summer, first track), Mike Dean is testing the test pressings

17 minutes ago, Crux said:

Look at how glorious Madame X looks in this list...

Madonna
Like a Virgin
True Blue
Like a Prayer
Erotica
Bedtime Stories
Ray of Light
Music
American Life
Confessions on a Dancefloor
Hard Candy
MDNA
Rebel Heart
Madame X 

Yes, I already love it so much! :inlove:

3 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Just the thought of a song being "sent" to a radio station days before any kind of release :lmao: This is not 2003! Nowadays songs get to radio digitally through a platform or simply through a link. They will make the link either way available the day the song is released! 

They'd play it but they're waiting for their Amazon order to arrive

preview.jpg

4 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

What a shitty, childish thing to say. And wholly unnecessary and inaccurate. 

Madonna had the U.S in the palm of her hands during the Confessions era as well as the lead up to the Super Bowl. It’s her own fault for releasing the abomination that is GMAYL that made the U.S turn their back on her afterwards. 

And it was Madonna who didn’t tour Australia for 20 years after the Girlie Show. Then came back with inexcusable tardiness during the RHT. 

So let’s stop the generalization of entire countries, shell we? 

Sorry but so-called fans who  turn their backs on her because of late starts at concerts or records they don't like are not fans at all. In fact sorry NOT sorry for my opinions. And I won't call anyone childish or stupid for their opinions so please don't do that - no need for personal insults. 

I stand by statements. Confessions under-performed in the USA in comparison to all other countries. #Lookitup.

OK, GMAYL wasn't great but America is already re-writing history and trying to erase her ground- and record breaking Superbowl performance. Open your eyes. 

As for Australia... she was only late for a couple of shows and the mauling she got in the press was unjustified. She was going through a rough ordeal with Rocco at the time but instead of cancelling the tour she soldiered on. And instead of gratitude she gets abuse from her own fans. Fuck that. 

Anyone who doesn't like her current work can fuck off for all I care. They can go follow other artists. I will not apologise to anyone for defending her. 

a first single with Maluma is almost confirmed ?...

what a pity .. it's not what I've been waiting for 4 long years .. another collaboration as first single ..no!

3 minutes ago, rebelgirl said:

what a pity .. it's not what I've been waiting for 4 long years .. another collaboration as first single ..no!

They are releasing two close to eachother apparently

4 minutes ago, rebelgirl said:

Absurda