New album thread - cont

Looks like Taylor Swift will drop a new single or album on April 26. It is all over the internet. Good bye Madame X?

2 minutes ago, davejr. said:

Looks like Taylor Swift will drop a new single or album on April 26. It is all over the internet. Good bye Madame X?

I don't think so. I think we will just get a single or 2 then Eurovision. Hopefully she's planned the album release so maximum exposure is guaranteed. We were told to think outside the box so who's knows wtf we have in store 

5 hours ago, jusdoid said:

Tay Tay has a new album out already?  damn thats fast.  Her last album was less 1.5 years ago.

she is still really big in the States. argghh I hate her.

Guest Marco
1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

This thread is really depressing when it should not be.     People getting stuck into her fan base - which they are supposed to be part of..  Worrying about other singers.  Also, where has all this awful putting down of other countries come from ?   Happens all the time now.  This forum is called Madonnanation - the word nation is so wonderful, apt and lovely in that we all can enjoy Madonna together.  Yet all this putting down of other countries.  Love that so many nationalities,  genders, age groups can enjoy Madonna and sad that there is so much insulting of differences.

You’d think that a forum celebrating Madonna, whose artistry thrives on inclusiveness and breaking down stereotypical barriers, wouldn’t be so bigoted at times. :rolleyes:

Anyway...she’s COMING!!! I’m officially revitalized over this latest corroboration of the Madame X persona/title. :dramatic:

15 minutes ago, robster said:

I’ll vouch for you! We do go way way way back! To the madonnarama days! Matter of days now I think!

Great. He got out of posts PRECISELY when he was going to post some lyrics. He shared some lyrics with you. And he doesn't mind if you share. Can you please share them? 

36 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

I don't think so. I think we will just get a single or 2 then Eurovision. Hopefully she's planned the album release so maximum exposure is guaranteed. We were told to think outside the box so who's knows wtf we have in store 

Isn't ESC the "out of the box" thing?

47 minutes ago, Samo said:

Not to mention Madonna was Billboard's top selling physical singles sales artist of the 2000s(2000-2009) in the US

It was US radio which seemed not to care post Music era, which happens to all older women in music

wasnt that the time physical singles sales were all time low and not a factor anymore? airplay was more important

46 minutes ago, davejr. said:

I guess Madonna is waiting to collade with her..she had plenty of time to release before.

Drop it now Madge.

2 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

wasnt that the time physical singles sales were all time low and not a factor anymore? airplay was more important

Yes but it's still an achievement.  None of the big (younger,)airplay artists of the 2000s outsold her with physical singles

1 minute ago, Samo said:

Yes but it's still an achievement.  None of the big (younger,)airplay artists of the 2000s outsold her with physical singles

yes i think even Hollywood and Nothing Fails was a sales NO.1. 

I guess we can count them as hits then.

1 minute ago, stevo208 said:

Mr Smith isn't lying. He's a person in the know from what I remember 

So, then ITALIAN radios have the single now. Makes no sense if its not going to be released like today.

1 minute ago, dubtronic said:

Perhaps he's working for a radio station ?

So then we can expect a leak any second now. How can Madge trust Italian radio?

23 minutes ago, strepentijger said:

Isn't ESC the "out of the box" thing?

only if during the performance she jumps out of a box

They have to send it to radios before to make sure it will be in their songs banks. He said in Italy but pretty sure everyone has is. I have worked in this industry in the past it’s common to have the new songs 1 or 2 weeks priors. Nowadays 20-50 songs are sends to commercial radio each week and the bosses choose like what 4-5 songs at the end. 

Just now, Marcelox said:

Maybe is a new strategy.. send the music and ask them no to play :lol:

its not like radio were rushing to play her during RH era

2 hours ago, mrsmith said:

Hmmmm you know, I thought that might be the case but trust me. I have known robster for a long time. And I do know more, however, I told the person that has the song details to not leak it and to go away because Madonna would not be happy! I’m not sorry about that decision but trust me when I say it’s a GREAT song 

is it better than Like A Prayer?

Madonna will definitely promote in the US, I mean RH was probably her most promoted album ever, especially in the US, 

Also, Madonna did very little promotion for TB, LAP and Erotica, she started to promote more a bit with BS, but even that promo was weak compared to ROL, AL, and RH

24 minutes ago, Samo said:

Madonna will definitely promote in the US, I mean RH was probably her most promoted album ever, especially in the US, 

Also, Madonna did very little promotion for TB, LAP and Erotica, she started to promote more a bit with BS, but even that promo was weak compared to ROL, AL, and RH

yes shes getting the GLAAD award in the USA

Taylor won't block Madonna from a #1 hit song in the US because there is like zero chances that Madonna will get another #1 there. Her best bet would be to get another top 10 hit (and extend her record) and that will be hard too.

Album is another story, but that can be managed more easily. Also there's no official date confirmation so she can move the release whenever she wants to avoid Taylor or any other artist.