New album thread - cont

The new x is very disco!!

im starting to think the album is called just X. 

(Ed sheeren’s album was technically called multiply. X is more Kylie or INXS, but that’s ok- for them it meant nothing more than their tenth albums. Madonna can make it have more meaning through the madame persona 

37 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

Please. 

Of course she’ll focus on the U. S market. It’s where the bulk of her money is made.

She’s not stupid. She knows her chart success is long gone here. But it isn’t as if she garnered newly found international fame and success with her last two albums. So let’s stop pretending Spain and Argentina adored her and propped her up since 2012. 

She’s literally the last international superstar alive. She’ll promote this album accordingly as she’s always done. 

MDNA and Rebel Heart sold more outside US. She doesn't need them since the first album, when she sold 5 million in US and 5 million outside.

Is Magic just a track on the album now? It seems like it’s been a while since the constant #magic tags. X came out of nowhere.. (or I haven’t been paying enough attention)

edit: JUST noticed the #magic playlist now. Aghhhh

Edited by Candyperfumeboy

I'd love a short album (11-12 songs) but not too short like robyn's album with 9 songs...and interestingly, I'd really love interludes...

could it possibly be coming within the next few days?!!

3 minutes ago, Gabriel Ciccone said:

MDNA and Rebel Heart sold more outside US. She doesn't need them since the first album, when she sold 5 million in US and 5 million outside.

Yeah. Ok. No. 

She needs the U.S. 

As I said, she’s a businesswoman. She knows where her bread is buttered. She’s never going to write off a market that’s 50% of her profits. 

2 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

Yeah. Ok. No. 

She needs the U.S. 

As I said, she’s a businesswoman. She knows where her bread is buttered. She’s never going to write off a market that’s 50% of her profits. 

Yeah, that's why she'll do Eurovision. US market is ungrateful to her.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
1 hour ago, Mat.Guy said:

Well, exactly. So why she should focus on that place? She's a global artist and for more than 10 years now her career has been way more succesful in Europe and Latin America. Maybe it's time to pay attention to those who pay attention to her? I'm not talking just from an ego point of view, but also about money. There are more financial opportunities elsewhere in the world.

Unfortunately, the U.S. still plays a huge role for her when it comes to success.  We've seen her locked out of the U.S. and still remain successful in Europe, but with the last couple of albums she's managed to lose a lot of support world-wide.  We can say, "why should she care" or "focus" on these regions, but a country like U.S. can really help her become a huge success. It's easy to say, "fuck U.S. market", but she needs it still.  It will never be like the impact of the 80's and early 90's. but U.S. is known to be nostalgic enough to make artists like Madonna rebound from time to time.  I feel she's due for a rebound.  She's been so close recently, but it's only been her tours which have made the most impact.  It would be nice to see her albums have a little more success and respect even among her home country. 

I'll be interested to see what the Grammy's for her new album. This could help her be more successful in the U.S. 

47 minutes ago, CalinB said:

new X on M's Instagram stories... the Spotify link at the bottom takes you to the #magic playlist we already talked about today.

Image-1.jpg

Saw that story and my heart almost stopped. 😬

2 minutes ago, Gabriel Ciccone said:

She only promote on US because of visibility, kinda like "hey americans, i'm release a new album,buy it, bye". Everybody knows her major market is Europe.

Lol for album sales she can still get over 500k if she does an album bundle. Also she makes a lot of money from NY and Vegas shows. It be stupid to ignore it. 

6 minutes ago, Amelia said:

Unfortunately, the U.S. still plays a huge role for her when it comes to success.  We've seen her locked out of the U.S. and still remain successful in Europe, but with the last couple of albums she's managed to lose a lot of support world-wide.  We can say, "why should she care" or "focus" on these regions, but a country like U.S. can really help her become a huge success. It's easy to say, "fuck U.S. market", but she needs it still.  It will never be like the impact of the 80's and early 90's. but U.S. is known to be nostalgic enough to make artists like Madonna rebound from time to time.  I feel she's due for a rebound.  She's been so close recently, but it's only been her tours which have made the most impact.  It would be nice to see her albums have a little more success and respect even among her home country. 

I'll be interested to see what the Grammy's for her new album. This could help her be more successful in the U.S. 

It all changed the moment she left Warners, Madonna's BIGGEST career mistake, they broke what didn't need fixing. 

She will did great, RH even with the leaks moved around 356k units as September 2018, it must be around 365k by now and the new era could push the sales further.

This time with the hype, no leaks, Maluma and Anitta features and the videos, all of that can help to propel the streaming points for the album so it can hit 500k and Gold cert, it’s possible.

28 minutes ago, Mensch said:

I'd love a short album (11-12 songs) but not too short like robyn's album with 9 songs...and interestingly, I'd really love interludes...

That would be so awesome. I've made sure to update my iTunes for whatever is happening. I'm ready for our Madame X!!! Yayy✨👒💃

32 minutes ago, Mensch said:

I think it will be 16 songs, like it was on the whiteboard

20 minutes ago, Who Is That Girl? said:

It all changed the moment she left Warners, Madonna's BIGGEST career mistake, they broke what didn't need fixing. 

I keep hearing that, but Warners wasn't hardly at her beck and call with a number of her albums since the album MUSIC.   I feel since the squabble over the single releases on MUSIC, Warners stopped being as supportive. 

Err...the last album she truly promoted in the US was American life and that was almost 20 years ago. Confessions she only did a few small interviews and didnt even perform Hung Up until grammys 2006 when it was already old. She performed Hung Up and Get Together all over Europe when it was released. Hard Candy she only did that NY gig, Celebration she only did that one Letterman interview that got more press for the pizza and she barely even mentioned her greatest hits, MDNA she did superbowl and dropped off the face of the earth and had to do last minute things with Fallon and UME. RH was gonna underperform no matter what she did because of the leaks so to say she shouldn't focus on the US is ridiculous. That's not to say pay attention to only the US and fuck Europe because that's not gonna help her either. I still firmly believe she can overcome ageism is both US and in Europe with a great song and hopefully this era will do just that. No leaks have occurred and everything has been a well guarded secret. Magic is in the air and we can all feel it.

39 minutes ago, Candyperfumeboy said:

Is Magic just a track on the album now? It seems like it’s been a while since the constant #magic tags. X came out of nowhere.. (or I haven’t been paying enough attention)

edit: JUST noticed the #magic playlist now. Aghhhh

Maybe "magic" just represents the album and creating the music for it in a general or more artistic sense. Whatever it is, something is up with that for sure?

Just now, Voguerista said:

Maybe "magic" just represents the album and creating the music for it in a general or more artistic sense. Whatever it is, something is up with that for sure?

I feel that "magic" is far more significant since she's been hashtagging it for so long.  I have a feeling the "X" is representative of the character she's playing with the album whether it's "Madame X" as some predict or something else.  Think "Dita"!  Album was called "Erotica" but she took on "Dita" as a character.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

The new x is very disco!!

im starting to think the album is called just X. 

(Ed sheeren’s album was technically called multiply. X is more Kylie or INXS, but that’s ok- for them it meant nothing more than their tenth albums. Madonna can make it have more meaning through the madame persona 

Why I am not keen on  X or LX as much as others as a possible album name. Been used too much before by too many others - no matter in what context. 

Madam X as a character though - could be very exciting. 

2 hours ago, SecretGarden said:

Such a troll!! 😡🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 Give us a snippet!🤬

6 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Madonna will always promote her music in the US. She is an American after all and her own country will always be of high importance to her. 

I totally agree. People dismissing the U.S. have every right since the U.S. has been known to dismiss her previous albums, but the U.S play a huge role in her success.   This is why I feel fans in the region need to step up and make her music be more noticeable. 

29 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Madonna will always promote her music in the US. She is an American after all and her own country will always be of high importance to her. 

Jazzy Jan is always here to speak common sense. 😍