New album thread - cont

8 minutes ago, Amelia said:

I agree that International markets are necessary, but in the end, it's her home country where the biggest success will come from. It's going to be difficult being U.S. market is so ageist.  We can pretend that it shoudln't matter, but it does play a huge role to any album she releases. 

I'm so happy that she is an international artist because any album she releases still can sell decently well globally. 

YES

Unlike Mariah or Janet for instance

3 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

Well, exactly. So why she should focus on that place? She's a global artist and for more than 10 years now her career has been way more succesful in Europe and Latin America. Maybe it's time to pay attention to those who pay attention to her? I'm not talking just from an ego point of view, but also about money. There are more financial opportunities elsewhere in the world.

But her career has ALWAYS been more successful in Europe and Latin America since as far back as True Blue and yet she's the top female singles Artist of all time in the US and the 2nd top female album seller after Streisand.

Amazing

These days, the US shows it's appreciation for her by buying tickets to her shows. She does very very well here on her tours so we can't forget that. Any promo she does is as much about promoting her tour as her album.

9 minutes ago, Samo said:

But her career has ALWAYS been more successful in Europe and Latin America since as far back as True Blue and yet she's the top female singles Artist of all time in the US and the 2nd top female album seller after Streisand.

Amazing

Yes, but what I'm saying is Europe and Latin America continued to support her after Confessions while the United States kinda dumped her.

1 minute ago, Mat.Guy said:

Yes, but what I'm saying is Europe and Latin America continued to support her after Confessions while the United States kinda dumped her.

confessions did as well as it did in the u.s. because of word of mouth and because the album was great. and "4 minutes" was huge here. either of those things can happen again. but any artist who's 60 is going to have a hard time. hell, anyone over 40. 

I remember that after her Woman of the Year speech, I read many comments of US people saying that they would love to see her performing live because we lost so many great legends in last few years (George Michael, Prince, Bowie..). I'm hoping that the interest generated through the LAP 30th anniversary will create momentum for her next projects, including her new album and tour.

1 minute ago, bardo said:

confessions did as well as it did in the u.s. because of word of mouth and because the album was great. and "4 minutes" was huge here. either of those things can happen again. but any artist who's 60 is going to have a hard time. hell, anyone over 40. 

Not as much in other places. That's what I'm saying.

10 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

Not really, HC, Celebration, MDNA all went Gold.  4 Minutes became the biggest selling single of her life in the US, her tour numbers in the US were great post Confessions etc

Sorry if this is late to the party but I just went to Ms Spotify and now there is LAP 30th anniversary listed...?!?!? With Supernatural!!

Ive pretty much been living in this thread so apologies if this was discussed in another forum.

24 minutes ago, SecretGarden said:

OMG!!! Demo vinyl copies are already being tested!!! We are sooooo close!!! :tigger:

12 minutes ago, Alain Delon said:

"To Mike Dean, You Fucking Smokin (?) ❤️ Madonna"

"you're fuckin smokin'..."

funnily enough, i think it's a reference to the fact that he's always smoking (i bet she doesn't like it)

but is he playing that vogue maxi single or is it M's new record...?

Please. 

Of course she’ll focus on the U. S market. It’s where the bulk of her money is made.

She’s not stupid. She knows her chart success is long gone here. But it isn’t as if she garnered newly found international fame and success with her last two albums. So let’s stop pretending Spain and Argentina adored her and propped her up since 2012. 

She’s literally the last international superstar alive. She’ll promote this album accordingly as she’s always done. 

1 minute ago, Mensch said:

funnily enough, i think it's a reference to the fact that he's always smoking (i bet she doesn't like it)

Def looks like a brand new demo record to me. Maybe she just gave him a signed copy of Vogue for the occasion?

3 minutes ago, Mensch said:

1 minute ago, Alain Delon said:

Def looks like a brand new demo record to me. Maybe she just gave him a signed copy of Vogue for the occasion?

Well, even *he* used “X” in his post!! And the label on that vinyl doesn’t look like a classic copy of Vogue...

Plus he says “testing the test pressings” — means he is listening to test copies, not an old (massive! but almost 30 years old) single. It’s the forthcoming album!!

Edited by peter

5 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

Please. 

Of course she’ll focus on the U. S market. It’s where the bulk of her money is made.

She’s not stupid. She knows her chart success is long gone here. But it isn’t as if she garnered newly found international fame and success with her last two albums. So let’s stop pretending Spain and Argentina adored her and propped her up since 2012. 

She’s literally the last international superstar alive. She’ll promote this album accordingly as she’s always done. 

I don't know, she can still sell albums in the US, well as much as people buy albums these days, I think she can go Gold and debut at #1

MDNA did, RH probably would have if it didn't leak months in advance

new X on M's Instagram stories... the Spotify link at the bottom takes you to the #magic playlist we already talked about today.

Image-1.jpg