New album thread

20 minutes ago, bardo said:

i hear you. but i was saying i don't think she's been this inspired by something so specific (in this case portugal) since ray of light (kabbalah/yoga). she was absolutely inspired on music, american life, confessions, rebel heart. 

Just very curious to finally found out how her latest inspirations are expressed in the new music, tour, and aesthetics..

Will be pretty interesting for sure!

23 minutes ago, Jairo said:

Are you SERIOUSLY worried about an Star Wars trailer? Since when the Star Wars fans gives two fucks about Madonna? It's a movie, not a visual album made by Beyoncé or another singer. There's no competence here.

tumblr_inline_nng943Z9Au1qh7zv6_250.gif

No dude, it's not about competence. What we were saying is about the media coverage on it. I work on marketing, and believe me: a huge mainstream launch/announcement is always a nightmare when it comes to making press talk about you/your news/your PN. 😭 They will publish you and give you space, but not like something important because the GP focus will be somewhere else. Same with social media: if something big happens, it makes you get the second spot. Always.

I'm trusting in her new PR team, however. They know their shit and hopefully could give some good exposure to M14's first single and news.

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

No one even cares about Star wars...didnt the last one flop

It didn't flop. It has the 3rd o 4th biggest pre-sale tickets in history. Now, the plot was a totally different story... haha.

1 minute ago, Alvarø said:

No dude, it's not about competence. What we were saying is about the media coverage on it. I work on marketing, and believe me: a huge mainstream launch/announcement is always a nightmare when it comes to making press talk about you/your news/your PN. 😭 They will publish you and give you space, but not like something important because the GP focus will be somewhere else. Same with social media: if something big happens, it makes you get the second spot. Always.

I'm trusting in her new PR team, however. They know their shit and hopefully could give some good exposure to M14's first single and news.

Excuse me, I'm a journalist since almost 10 years. Madonna is MADONNA. The media are always talking about her in the same level as a Star Wars movie. But I don't see how a movie is a competence for Madonna in the media where Madonna is ACTUALLY making headlines for music: Billboard, Pitchfork, NME, Rolling STone, NYT, Time, bal bla bla.

1 minute ago, Alvarø said:

It didn't flop. It has the 3rd o 4th biggest pre-sale tickets in history. Now, the plot was a totally different story... haha.

all I hear about are the dumb fans harassing that poor asian girl and how the last movie was a stinker

8 minutes ago, Alvarø said:

This. 

28 minutes ago, Alvarø said:

Solo lost money and it was the last release, albeit outside of the current trilogy.  Solo lost a lot of money.  Back to Madonna.

2 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

For those harping about BB lifetime achievement awards. IT'S ALREADY HAPPENED!!!

Ty for posting this for the non versed

1 hour ago, mrsmith said:

Does it start monitoring on Friday?

Yes. It used to be Monday in the UK and Tuesday in the US (I think) but everything has been brought into line so Friday is the first day of a week's sales.

Her management need to be on point this time with release dates as they've severally impacted her chart performance in recent years.

44 minutes ago, Jairo said:

Excuse me, I'm a journalist since almost 10 years. Madonna is MADONNA. The media are always talking about her in the same level as a Star Wars movie. But I don't see how a movie is a competence for Madonna in the media where Madonna is ACTUALLY making headlines for music: Billboard, Pitchfork, NME, Rolling STone, NYT, Time, bal bla bla.

Sadly, it doesn't work the same everywhere.

For example, in my country, news shows will talk about her latest video in the same level as any other big movie/series/etc. But I can't deny the fact that it doesn't happens everywhere. I'm a fan, but I can't be blind.

In the US she would definitely need that the odds are on her favour in order to be talked about by her new music rather than just her persona. A release date with hopefully nothing happening would be an ideal scenario, in my personal opinion.

Andyeah, she makes headlines for music, but let's be real: it all depends on her PR strategy.

Artist Achievement Award was the Billboard one from '96, even though it highlighted her career up to that point. There's always the "Icon" thing, which is always a promotional tool- not like the order of acts receiving it means anything.

Not sure why anyone's wondering about her media coverage- it's not like M's the hottest musical act out right now., especially among the uninformed younger set.

Just now, peppermint said:

I am wondering if it's Madonna we're seeing at the camera or standing up?..did she have a double??

The girl said on Instagram it was Madonna herself.

I'm so so excited. She is going to give us EVERYTHING we have been asking for and more!

The video they were shooting was for the song with the Batukeiras, based on the photo above. In addition to this, both Mikki Blanco and Emmanuel Adjei seem to have been involved. Emmanuel was probably the director. Just look at the description in this photo - both of them are mentioned/tagged: