Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

New album thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Luard said:

No one cares about Billboard awards. Jimmy Fallon is the best option.

Yeah they suck but EVERYONE I know watches  them and posts stuff in Facebook and other social media

 

I like Jimmy but Madonna performing BIM did zilch for RH, she needs a BIG US awards show and career retrospective/special award to remind the public...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Luard said:

No one cares about Billboard awards. Jimmy Fallon is the best option.

bb awards last year: 7.8 million viewers

tonight show average: 2.5 million 

ellen average: 4 million 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Nikki said:

thank you

I hope the double single rumour is true so Europe gets the disco song, produced by mirwais, and the US the maluma (and? or?) anitta song.

I like this idea - Maluma Single for North/Southa America & Disco single for Europe!

Also whats peoples view on here on Madonna still doing album roll outs traditional style? Release to radio first then  the video the single for purchase? Is there a business reason for this?

i would have liked an all in one consumption release just this once to see how it played out...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, articunocc said:

she needs someone to proofread or just let someone take direction over what she posts on instagram... what's the difference between teacher and professor? also dead at cha cha instructor, it's so random lmao

Well, a professor is someone who teaches at University, while a teacher is someone who teaches at school level, so there's a difference there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, peppermint said:

Actually Madonna already accepted her lifetime achievement award from Billboard in 1996! Imagine!!

She could accept another special award from them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jimmy Fallon only averages just over 2 million viewers in the US, The Billboard Awards between 8-10 million viewers in the US

 

Gee what would you guys choose?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

Regardless, doing a late night show like Jimmy Fallon still is good exposure.  A lot of people watch him, and I prefer her to go on a show where the host appreciates her than Madonna going on some show like Wendy who takes swipes at her at any chance. 

I would like see Madonna to go on Jimmy Kimmel. I know he's a big fan.   She should do more rounds on the late night circuit.  James Corden loves her too, so she could do his show. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, peppermint said:

Actually Madonna already accepted her lifetime achievement award from Billboard in 1996! Imagine!!

Absolute legend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
3 minutes ago, Samo said:

Jimmy Fallon only averages just over 2 million viewers in the US, The Billboard Awards between 8-10 million viewers in the US

 

Gee what would you guys choose?

It has a bigger base because it's hosts a broad genre of musicians and entertainers, and only once a year.   The question here is how many people will care if Madonna is there?  I feel that more the merrier.  It's still going to be good exposure for her.  And it makes a lot of sense to go on awards shows when you have new music to promote.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Amelia said:

It has a bigger base because it's hosts a broad genre of musicians and entertainers, and only once a year.   The question here is how many people will care if Madonna is there?  I feel that more the merrier.  It's still going to be good exposure for her.  And it makes a lot of sense to go on awards shows when you have new music to promote.

Yup

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 1996 Billboard award was for Artist Achievement, so it wasn't a "Lifetime" award, which Madonna supposedly isn't a big fan of. But, I'm sure she wouldn't mind the exposure. I had mentioned the BBMA a few weeks back as a possibility. We'll see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, YannBouch said:

XxxxxxXxxxxxxxXXXxxX 

Wouldnt Colbert or Kimmel be better choices? Fallon worships the ground she walks on, I know, and they have great chemistry, but as far as audiences go, doesn’t Fallon’s lean republican, which, you know, is not exactly M’s target demographic? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, luizotaviobarros said:

Wouldnt Colbert or Kimmel be better choices? Fallon worships the ground she walks on, I know, and they have great chemistry, but as far as audiences go, doesn’t Fallon’s lean republican, which, you know, is not exactly M’s target demographic? 

 

She's done Fallon 3 times including an amazing performance of BIM and they've done NOTHING, ZERO, ZIP for her.  Young people especially watch the BBMA , and it has about 4 TIMES the audience of Fallon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sky Fits Heaven said:

It's time for a Survivor' cameo: 8 million viewers

jeff.gif

Only if she can perform her new single and fit it in there somewhere

 

LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, robster said:

From the Madonnanation facebook page:

An insider has told us that Madonna’s performance at Eurovision will not be the first promo performance for her upcoming album. She will be performing on a major U.S. TV program in early May. Stay tuned.‬

So, major shows in early may might include:

  • * Billboard Music Awards (May 1st)
  • * Jimmy Fallon
  • * Ellen
  • * What else?!

I think she will do Jimmy Fallon (New York) show since they are friends, but also Billboard on May 1st.

  • Billboard Music Awards (on NBC): Wednesday, May 1st at 8 PM EST

Here are some secondary options:

  1. SNL (Saturday Night Live) makes sense only when she has two songs out (two songs must be performed live between comedy sketches), but M needs to do it prior to the summer hiatus that starts mid-May. It is a big deal here in US to do SNL.
  2. Stephen Colbert is a second great late-night talk shows option in New York. He does political comedy, so could be a good option if the song is political.  
  3. James Corden is a great late-night talk shows in Los Angeles. She did the Carpool Karaoke in 2017 on his show.
  4. Jimmy Kimmel Live Concert Series - a great late-night talk shows in Los Angeles.

I will keep an eye out for James and Jimmy trough the 1iota.com site. Tickets for all these NY and LA shows are free... you just need to be lucky enough to sign up for the lucky day!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, articunocc said:

she needs someone to proofread or just let someone take direction over what she posts on instagram... what's the difference between teacher and professor? also dead at cha cha instructor, it's so random lmao

A Professor is an Academic, a specialist in their field at University level.

A teacher could be anything really, school or a piano teacher, martial arts teacher, yoga teacher, SEX teacher 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For now, the list of performers on the Billboard Awards are:

Kelly Clarkson, Lauren Daigle, Khalid, Panic! at the Disco, Sam Smith and Normani.

No doubt they will let the big names be known closer to the date.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mat.Guy said:

For now, the list of performers on the Billboard Awards are:

Kelly Clarkson, Lauren Daigle, Khalid, Panic! at the Disco, Sam Smith and Normani.

No doubt they will let the big names be known closer to the date.

unfortunately in the current music climate those are the big names

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's funny Madonna has performed on ALL these shows the last 4 years (Ellen a whole week, Fallon, Corden, BBMA), remember back in the mid to late 80s/early 90s when she did practically no TV performances?

 

None for the release of TB or LAP

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whens the last time a TV performance bolstered a song to become a hit? They have a very minor impact now. All that matters is the initial hype of the song, and the music video. Don't get me wrong, I love watching her perform on TV and I hope she does, but I think all this talk about viewers is useless.

Look at the songs that hit #1. Right now it's a freakin country rapper no one even knew about until this month. All that matters is that a song goes viral somehow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...