New album thread: more teasers from the Queen

Guest ditaluver

4 minutes ago, fandonna said:

beyonce is not a itgirl anymore. the carters was a flop. i do think Madonna is bigger than beyonce in many countries.

Yeah, but still makes headlines. Her team even buys the press sometimes, so a release from her in every form could definitely hurt M if both are out around the same time.

Why would we care what anyone else is doing? I give 0 fucks if the general public cares about the new album. I give 0 fucks how much it sells or where its singles chart. I care about the fan base and getting a brand new new record from the Queen full of fresh music.

1 minute ago, Flip The Switch said:

Wonder if DM really knows something or is just a copy/paste of what been saying here. 

Just now, runa said:

They know nothing

Oh... not exactly true: they know we will like the album title, but they can't tell at the moment, :rotfl:

It doesnt matter if people care about Beyonce or not (they do). What matters is that shes releasing a nerflix doc. Its annoying and Madonna taking so long has only herself to blame.  Beyonce has Addidas partnership, Lion King, and now Netflix doc on her Coachella performance. Things Madonna should be doing. 

Just now, Shaun said:

Why would we care what anyone else is doing? I give 0 fucks if the general public cares about the new album. I give 0 fucks how much it sells or where its singles chart. I care about the fan base and getting a brand new new record from the Queen full of fresh music.

Well, me too, but that's not how the music industry works. I couldn't care less about what other people are doing except for my favorite artists, but they (even when rich) depend on the GP to get support on their work.

The goal for every artist is to get exposure. And if you're Madonna and has been working on an ambitious project for 2+ years, you will definitely want everyone to turn their heads at you after so much effort. 🙂

Beyonce's Netflix doc is supposedly about her Coachella performance last year. An attempt to ICONIFY a past performance to appoint it as somehow special. It will likely arrive with this year's coachella. 

I think, for the most part, Bey and Madonna do not have hugely intersecting fanbases.

I think Madonna will release the single by the end of this month. 

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

is that bey girl just premiering her Coachella gig on Netflix or something new? if it's just Coachella, we have nothing to worry about.

I hope it's just about Coachella lol

S8JI.gif

People's attention spans are at the worst they've ever been.

If Madonna releases her Netflix doc a week after Beyonce's, one is not gonna interfere with the other.

For M, the big challenge is to make a media splash. The newer generation is not in the egde of their seats like we are. Madonna has to play out a good media strategy if she wants people to listen to her record. I think they've been cooking that for the last few months. It's gonna be an interesting era, if nothing else.

4 minutes ago, Nikki said:

is that bey girl just premiering her Coachella gig on Netflix or something new? if it's just Coachella, we have nothing to worry about.

What I heard on the radio made it sound like Truth or Dare for her Coachella performance. A doc about the making of the showstopping iconica performance of all time (insert eye roll emoji). 

8 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

What I heard on the radio made it sound like Truth or Dare for her Coachella performance. A doc about the making of the showstopping iconica performance of all time (insert eye roll emoji). 

her own fans didn't even like that performance. I remember reading reactions and seeing disappointment in bey repeating herself again. the media made it out to be something big and people just followed. the band was good, I guess? but the performance looked trashy and not inspired. anyway, she could never have a tod like doc.. you need personality

40 minutes ago, Royal T said:

Who gives a shit about Beyonce?

Well, I feel like I really don't like her that much anymore... Her fanbase is something else, they think she's superior than anybody else smh

9 minutes ago, bcx said:

My sense is the X isn’t from the title or a song, but rather it’s some kind of thematic element we’ll see across the marketing in the vein of what twentyonepilots did for Jumpsuit. https://insta-stalker.com/post/Blo1TKOFT0R/

I agree. It seems more like a marketing tool...sort of like the wrapping on the face of RH and the secret project guerilla style popping up in different cities etc...

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
36 minutes ago, Shaun said:

32 minutes ago, AlvaroLiam said:

Well, me too, but that's not how the music industry works. I couldn't care less about what other people are doing except for my favorite artists, but they (even when rich) depend on the GP to get support on their work.

The goal for every artist is to get exposure. And if you're Madonna and has been working on an ambitious project for 2+ years, you will definitely want everyone to turn their heads at you after so much effort. 🙂

I get what @Shaun is saying, but your point stands as well @AlvaroLiam😉 Madonna is still wanting to engage the world, so she certainly cares what the general public thinks.  She still wants to make a huge impact on the music industry.  So it's understandable that some of us fans want her to do well with the new album.  Unfortunately, we live in a new age of how music is delivered to us.  No one really buys music anymore. Everything is streamed. It's hard for any artist to do well anymore in this market unless they have all the popular media formats in their pocket.  Madonna does not, and much of it is simply because she's an older artist.  Radio won't play her.  The general public thinks of her as an 80's act and rarely pay attention to what she does.  She's struggling with being a streaming act.  So we can say we don't care, but what I do know is as soon as that album is released, the fans will rip it to shreds and dissect it.  And once, the honeymoon period is over in enjoying something new from her, then many will turn to criticizing it based on it's lack of success in sales, charts, etc. 

I agree as fans; we should try not to get too wrapped up in the success, but at the same time, it's the fan base that can help her have another huge hit album if they want to.  It's no different than when she was at the height of her success.  Fans raved and shared her music then,  so why not do the same now?  After all, we do have the power of the internet at our hands?  Rather argue or critique how she or her management rolls this new era out, let's help somehow.  Right now, I don't see the "X" thing really making a huge impact.  Though I suspect, if Madonna milks this (and if fans can be patient and play along), it could peek the general public's curiosity.  It's gotta go viral.  A few instagram stories with "X's" isn't going to do it.  So I'm hoping there is more to this "X" thing that will spill over to other popular social media formats as well as her  her own website and youtube channel.

15 minutes ago, bcx said:

My sense is the X isn’t from the title or a song, but rather it’s some kind of symbol we’ll see across the marketing in the vein of what twentyonepilots did for Jumpsuit. https://insta-stalker.com/post/Blo1TKOFT0R/

Fascinating and very clever. I'm starting to wonder on this too much like it's a gimmick thing like @Amelia and a few others have mentioned.

I know this is all getting so aggravating to some but I really love how she's making people think and wonder before the actual releases. I think she is having a blast with it all too watching the reaction. She cracks me up. So brilliant. 

can someone guide me to a post or a thread that has a summary of everything known so far about the upcoming album?

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
26 minutes ago, bcx said:

My sense is the X isn’t from the title or a song, but rather it’s some kind of symbol we’ll see across the marketing in the vein of what twentyonepilots did for Jumpsuit. https://insta-stalker.com/post/Blo1TKOFT0R/

16 minutes ago, Mensch said:

I agree. It seems more like a marketing tool...sort of like the wrapping on the face of RH and the secret project guerilla style popping up in different cities etc...

Yeah, these are my thoughts exactly.   I mentioned earlier in the topic how I didn't think the "X's" had anything specifically to do with a song or the album, other than thematic gimmick much like what you two mentioned in your posts.  😉

2 minutes ago, Phantom Pain said:

can someone guide me to a post or a thread that has a summary of everything known so far about the upcoming album?

The thing is no one knows anything other than it's influenced by her stay in Portugal. 

5 minutes ago, Juann said:

Is it confirmed she's releasing a documentary on Netflix or it's all just guessing?

This is purely fan speculation based on her being spotted at the Netflix headquarters last summer. 

PS: sorry for the multiple quotes responses, but I'm only allowed 10 posts a day due to being a new member.  I'm trying to conserve my posts.  And I'm super excited about this new era and love talking on it, even if it's just silly speculation. 😉

38 minutes ago, bcx said:

That's exactly what I was thinking... and now you win me forever for knowing the Jumpsuit/Trench campaign. TØP are the best.

The narrative on that album is intoxicating and mesmerizing. The whole idea of putting images on a secret website prior to launch, the storyline, how they managed to use their previous works as part of the story, the "silence" concept for months... ugh, Tyler Joseph, his mind. 💛

Edited by AlvaroLiam

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

THIS x 1000!! 🙌🙌

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

Same. I couldn't care less about sales , I just want good music.

I don’t believe in a Netflix documentary about the making of the album. If it happens, it’ll be a concert film, maybe with a few extra minutes of documentary. To be released after the world tour, so in 2020 or 2021. See what they did with Taylor Swift or now with Beyonce.

Maybe she’s been shooting a mini documentary about the album, for Youtube, with like 4-5 episodes of a few mn. Think of the short videos they released just before the RH tour. 

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

Its not about sales. For me, Its about Madonna getting the exposure she deserves. Beyonce is constantly hailed as the greatest performer of our time by the media when we know its Madonna. Releasing a Coachella doc is only going to increase that lie for her. Madonna should be doing these things.