New album & cryptic instagram updates from Madonna

52 minutes ago, trickyricky said:

in your opinion but madonna is quite a mystical soul isnt she ...she believes in astrology - i think its brilliant and i hope its true 

Yes, she's always going on about Mercury in retrograde.

Perhaps that's why she put back the album to launch at a more favourable time. 😜

Or she just want happy with the direction of the songs like with ROL and Music and went out and wrote more! 

Or the football season comes to an end so she doesn't have to go and watch David play for Benfica juniors.

4 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

Yeah. I know it's a different medium but for instance the new Avengers movie has been hyped to fuck. People are waiting for it. Outside her fanbase does anyone even have a clue she has an album due? This isn't 2000 anymore. She NEEDS to build momentum now

These days no one knows anything about anything outside their own interests. For example, you say the Avengers has been hyped to death. I haven’t seen a single post or video about it. Why? Because it’s outside of all the shit that I’m interested in. 

The point of promo today is all about firing up the base and growing from there. Particularly for an artist like madonna, who has lost so much music and media cache over the past ten years. So as long as fans are engaged, and it looks like we are, then they are on the right track. 

If the first big crossover push is Eurovision in May, there is no point to push anything widely now. Even a new single should be geared only toward us, the people who care and will tell others about it. 

10 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Yes, she's always going on about Mercury in retrograde.

Perhaps that's why she put back the album to launch at a more favourable time. 😜

Or she just want happy with the direction of the songs like with ROL and Music and went out and wrote more! 

Or the football season comes to an end so she doesn't have to go and watch David play for Benfica juniors.

This could definitely be the case. She very much believes in tarot and astrology. She's never hidden that fact.  It's in many of her backdrops etc. She would also never release something in Mercury in retrograde but in a more happier period and also in a time that's personally proven to work in the past. 

7 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

This could definitely be the case. She very much believes in tarot and astrology. She's never hidden that fact.  It's in many of her backdrops etc. She would also never release something in Mercury in retrograde but in a more happier period and also in a time that's personally proven to work in the past. 

the moon rules leo on june 7th 

Just now, trickyricky said:

the first card is not photoshopped you know ...i just found it on web 

I know I was bored and wanted to change it to Madonna :lol:

28 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

Yeah. I know it's a different medium but for instance the new Avengers movie has been hyped to fuck. People are waiting for it. Outside her fanbase does anyone even have a clue she has an album due? This isn't 2000 anymore. She NEEDS to build momentum now

Well we'll see if they put the $$$ in. That's what it'll take to reintroduce her to the general public. If I didn't read this forum, I wouldn't even know there was an under discussion.

27 minutes ago, Phineaspoe said:

These days no one knows anything about anything outside their own interests. For example, you say the Avengers has been hyped to death. I haven’t seen a single post or video about it. Why? Because it’s outside of all the shit that I’m interested in. 

The point of promo today is all about firing up the base and growing from there. Particularly for an artist like madonna, who has lost so much music and media cache over the past ten years. So as long as fans are engaged, and it looks like we are, then they are on the right track. 

If the first big crossover push is Eurovision in May, there is no point to push anything widely now. Even a new single should be geared only toward us, the people who care and will tell others about it. 

👍

2 hours ago, Rock said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheel_of_Fortune_(Tarot_card)

Maybe the album/new single is called Wheel Of Fortune?

ACE OF BASE cover.

2 hours ago, cocolattee said:

this tarot cards thing is really interesting and would be cool as a theme for the albuum artwork

Wasn't that the concept for Cher's Love Hurts album?

1 hour ago, trickyricky said:

how many cards does one deal in a reading is it the entire pack ?

I have no idea on how it works with the tarots reading. Anyway there are 78 cards of which 22 are the major arcana (the most significant ones, that is the wheel of fortune, the lovers, the magician, the charriot...). Speaking of the charriot, I think there is a reference to it in her Superbowl Halftime (see the sphinxes on the sides of the throne). Let's add the Versace photoshoot and the Re-invention Hollywood backdrop already cited, it's evident that M is fascinated by the tarots. And I am too. It's not about believing in cartomancy (I don't, of course), it's about the symbolism and the iconography and that esoteric and mystical touch. Very cool.

1 minute ago, Myotis said:

I have no idea on how it works with the tarots reading. Anyway there are 78 cards of which 22 are the major arcana (the most significant ones, that is the wheel of fortune, the lovers, the magician, the charriot...). Speaking of the charriot, I think there is a reference to it in her Superbowl Halftime (see the sphinxes on the sides of the throne). Let's add the Versace photoshoot and the Re-invention Hollywood backdrop already cited, it's evident that M is fascinated by the tarots. And I am too. It's not about believing in cartomancy (I don't, of course), it's about the symbolism and the iconography and that esoteric and mystical touch. Very cool.

and speaking of esoteric,

THE RED MOON

36 minutes ago, trickyricky said:

it seems cher did the tarot thing in 1991 ! 

that bitch 

5B35674B-0BCA-46F1-B049-FA27188DDC9D.jpeg

Well it doesn't look that tarot lol more like a regular playing card lol there are many ways to do a tarot theme

tenor.gif?itemid=10379134

1 hour ago, Phineaspoe said:

My fear is that Madonna's non-existent team is actually made up of people with this thinking. Mind boggling really.

2 hours ago, stevo208 said:

Yeah. I know it's a different medium but for instance the new Avengers movie has been hyped to fuck. People are waiting for it. 

Off topic, but the point with the new Avengers movie is that it lacks from a strong marketing campaign. They're just relying on the huge cliffhanger from the previous movie, and that's the reason why the content it's so well segmentated: if you don't follow the platforms of the people who are talking about it, you probably won't catch content from the movie.

So Celine came out of nowhere and announced a new album and new tour a single written by Sia. All in one day without any trolling for months. And all We gotten from Madonna are wig reveals and a “X”.

😭

19 minutes ago, Alvarø said:

Off topic, but the point with the new Avengers movie is that it lacks from a strong marketing campaign. They're just relying on the huge cliffhanger from the previous movie, and that's the reason why the content it's so well segmentated: if you don't follow the platforms of the people who are talking about it, you probably won't catch content from the movie.

People also have a fucking DATE for the movie so they know what the “hype” is building to and when. Trying to create hype in an ambiguous way for a year and a half can get tiresome...

18 minutes ago, Alvarø said:

Well, aside from if anyone on here has seen anything or not, the point remains that if something as popular as that hasn't been seen then Madonna certainly does need to get some info out there. She can't rely on her name alone to simply equal millions of album sales etc anymore.

Granted we don't have any confirmed timelines but May/June seen to be favoured for a potential release. If the X is a tease then she really should back it up with something else.