Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TearsInHeaven

Brunei to introduce death by stoning for gay sex and adultery

Recommended Posts

Why nobody has opened a thread on this yet? Is it because it does not involve Christianity but Islam? Damn some of you snowflakes are hypocrites.

 

Brunei set to introduce death by stoning for adultery and gay sex 
Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah of Brunei
 

Adultery and gay sex will be punishable by stoning to death and the limbs of convicted thieves will be amputated under a new law set to come into effect from next week in the tiny southeast Asian kingdom of Brunei. 

A new strict Sharia penal code is to be enforced from next Wednesday defying heavy criticism that has kept the brutal provisions on hold for the last four years. 

Homosexuality is already illegal in the former British protectorate, but now it will become a capital offence. The law only applies to Muslims and punishment will also be “witnessed by a group of Muslims.”

Human rights groups who have lobbied against the enshrining of “cruel and inhuman punishments” reacted with horror at the decision to plough ahead with the extreme aspects of the penal code.

Amnesty International demanded an “immediate halt” to plans for vicious punishments so “heinous” that they allowed for the amputation of children’s limbs.  

“The international community must urgently condemn Brunei’s move to put these cruel penalties into practice,” said Rachel Chhoa-Howard, Amnesty’s Brunei Researcher.

“To legalise such cruel and inhuman penalties is appalling of itself. Some of the potential ‘offences’ should not even be deemed crimes at all, including consensual sex between adults of the same gender,” she added.

The tiny, resource-rich sultanate has a population of just over 450,000 and is located on the island of Borneo, next to the more moderate Islamic nations of Indonesia and Malaysia. 

In comparison to its neighbours, Brunei has grown conservative in recent years, including banning the sale of alcohol and introducing stiff penalties for open and excessive Christmas celebrations, for fear that its Muslim population could be led astray. 

There was widespread international condemnation when Brunei first announced the roll-out of the Sharia penal code – an Islamic legal system which prescribes strict corporal punishments -  in 2014.

The implementation of the law has since been delayed as officials work out the practical details under heavy opposition from rights groups. 

A notice on Brunei’s Attorney General’s Chambers dated December 29 last year quietly announced that the provisions would take effect on April 3. 

However, a religious affairs ministry spokesman said on Wednesday that Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah, Brunei’s leader, was expected to make an announcement on that date about the enforcement of Sharia.

 “Only after the event we will know regarding the date of the implementation of the new laws,” he told AFP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw this on the news tonight. Horrific, disgusting attack on human rights that needs to be stopped.  Terrifying attack on gay people that should never happen anywhere.  Brunei has become more conservative and extreme in recent years which is horrifying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TearsInHeaven said:

Why nobody has opened a thread on this yet? Is it because it does not involve Christianity but Islam? Damn some of you snowflakes are hypocrites.

No need to insult people. Seriously you're such a disapointment these days with your over the top reactions.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TearsInHeaven said:

Why nobody has opened a thread on this yet? Is it because it does not involve Christianity but Islam? Damn some of you snowflakes are hypocrites.

 

🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TearsInHeaven said:

Why nobody has opened a thread on this yet? Is it because it does not involve Christianity but Islam? Damn some of you snowflakes are hypocrites.

There you go again irrationally attacking forum members and trolling. There is no Islam and Christianity bias on this forum. Hopefully your suspension will help you lose that massive chip you have on your shoulder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of his son Prince Mateen.

4da78a0c2422e8b0b8f837cbefdad2c3.jpg

9wq6fc5b0v111.jpg

princemateen-featured1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sucks very much for the people who can't leave this backwards society.

Recently met a bi guy who is trying to stay in the US and not return to Malaysia. He was telling me that he receives some prejudice for being an ethic and religious minority, and the majority islamic culture is extremely fucked up to homos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

George Clooney just appealed the rich to boycoytt some hotels possessed by the Brunei leader.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good for him! but it´s true that this news is not everywhere, as it should have!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My parents retired in Malaysia which is nowhere near as extreme as Brunei but everytime I visit them there I delete any gay apps or links on my phone (this may be considered a little OTT) but it seems like extremist views are becoming more and more popular there....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2019 at 9:53 PM, CzarnaWisnia said:

George Clooney just appealed the rich to boycoytt some hotels possessed by the Brunei leader.

I don't like George Clooney much but applaud him for that.  Wish more celebrities would speak out about this.  

1 hour ago, rekha said:

My parents retired in Malaysia which is nowhere near as extreme as Brunei but everytime I visit them there I delete any gay apps or links on my phone (this may be considered a little OTT) but it seems like extremist views are becoming more and more popular there....

Sorry to read this Rekha.   Extremist views - from all religions and all cultures - are gaining more attention and followers everywhere.  It is very frightening and something that has been building for a long while.  I know that the huge majority are fighting against it,  but sad to see extremist minorities gaining more power in so many places. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2019 at 7:48 PM, horn said:

One of his son Prince Mateen.

4da78a0c2422e8b0b8f837cbefdad2c3.jpg

9wq6fc5b0v111.jpg

princemateen-featured1.jpg

looks like a gay porn star lol disgusting news 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's just an Asian Prince.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is sad how this world is becoming. It seems like it is not really acceptance the world is showing to us, but more like sheer fake tolerance on the outside. And when you hear news like this, you can then see people jump in and express their true sentiments towards us. When have not really changed at all forwardly as a society. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean...what is there to say that isn't already felt and expressed? It's disgusting, something out of the dark ages.
Something like this shouldn't exist in the world anymore but it does, and it's going to be a long time before that isn't the case anymore.

I am not surprised in the least bit. Ever since Hassanal Bolkiah came into power, his rule has been rifed with controversy. And given how much power he amassed during his rule, you can sure bet that the people of his country were getting a bit agitated with the dude.

So what does he do to keep the population at large under control? Why take a page out of the modus oprendai of the Saudi Monarch of course! 

You bring in Sharia Law to appease the ultra conservative masses within the nation and get the support of the so called "spiritual leaders" as a result. You also let the world know that the laws are limited to the Muslim citizens of Brunei only and as such, it shouldn't effect any forigen investors in anyway.

Truly deplorable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can officially say that Tears In Heaven is a horrible member here, always insulting. And his islamophobia is insulting too. I can't wait for the day when some mod here is tired of him and he's banned. These kind of people are not welcome. 

That said, I want to point out that the first VICTIMS in Brunei will be MUSLIMS themselves. 

And that this is horrible and I hope big international political bodies have a say there. A country with such horrible politics should not be tolerated and sanctions should be agreed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, karbatal said:

I can officially say that Tears In Heaven is a horrible member here, always insulting. And his islamophobia is insulting too. I can't wait for the day when some mod here is tired of him and he's banned. These kind of people are not welcome. 

That said, I want to point out that the first VICTIMS in Brunei will be MUSLIMS themselves. 

And that this is horrible and I hope big international political bodies have a say there. A country with such horrible politics should not be tolerated and sanctions should be agreed. 

But its not his islamophobia that is the cause for this. Its the ultra conservative islam itself. And the first victims would be (probably) muslims, but its also ultraconservative muslims who support this atrocity. And gays and people unhappy in their relationships would die without a doubt. I dont know why we shouldn't discuss the problem itself: whabbis/conservative islam. Its worst than fascism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, elijah said:

I dont know why we shouldn't discuss the problem itself: whabbis/conservative islam. Its worst than fascism.

Because it's islamophobia, haven't you heard?

Non-muslim gays (or suspected of being) will also be punished (will their dirty souls go to heaven?). Never mind the hand and feet cutting for actual or suspected (false accusations is the new black) crimes. Pointing out the obvious (barbarity) nowadays amounts to a major faux pas.

TearsInHeaven's belligerent tone and attitude are to blame rather than his alerting us to these news. He's not the only one in these parts with such temperament.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, elijah said:

But its not his islamophobia that is the cause for this. Its the ultra conservative islam itself. And the first victims would be (probably) muslims, but its also ultraconservative muslims who support this atrocity. And gays and people unhappy in their relationships would die without a doubt. I dont know why we shouldn't discuss the problem itself: whabbis/conservative islam. Its worst than fascism.

Not probably. People living there and being gay are muslims 99%. 

And yes, ultraconservative islam is HORRIBLE

Islamophobia is horrible too. One thing doesn't cancel another. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Because it's islamophobia, haven't you heard?

Non-muslim gays (or suspected of being) will also be punished (will their dirty souls go to heaven?). Never mind the hand and feet cutting for actual or suspected (false accusations is the new black) crimes. Pointing out the obvious (barbarity) nowadays amounts to a major faux pas.

TearsInHeaven's belligerent tone and attitude are to blame rather than his alerting us to these news. He's not the only one in these parts with such temperament.

Nobody has said here that that horrible dictature cannot be condemned. Take your INNUENDOS and FUCK OFF. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Not probably. People living there and being gay are muslims 99%. 

And yes, ultraconservative islam is HORRIBLE

Islamophobia is horrible too. One thing doesn't cancel another. 

True. Islamophobia is not ok too. But I m amazed there is not huge USA or EU condemnation for this. Is it cause those evil basters are rich? I guess, if we look at the worst offender: the Saudis. They have been doing this for decades and its ok since they are buying USA arms for 120 milliards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are family!

104499242-RTX36OPK-donald-trump-king-sal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, elijah said:

True. Islamophobia is not ok too. But I m amazed there is not huge USA or EU condemnation for this. Is it cause those evil basters are rich? I guess, if we look at the worst offender: the Saudis. They have been doing this for decades and its ok since they are buying USA arms for 120 milliards.

Exactly. It's all about the money. I'm glad at least some big names are exposing those hotels and such. A big boycott would be GREAT! I hope somebody posts what they own in Spain too! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i personally dont see anything wrong with disliking a religion that feels i should be thrown off a building or stoned to death and have followers who feel it ok to blow themselves up at a childrens concert 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, trickyricky said:

i personally dont see anything wrong with disliking a religion that feels i should be thrown off a building or stoned to death and have followers who feel it ok to blow themselves up at a childrens concert 

That's because a bunch of fanatics have not perverted your beliefs and turn them into a a disgrace. Just the same that all Americans are not responsible for Trump or all Russians rare not Putin or all Jews are not happy to kill little boys in Gaza. Muslim people are not to blame for the atrocities of a minority of fanatics. 

Before we hate, maybe we should know a bit about the concept we hate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The country is ruled by an absolute monarchy (akin to Saudi Arabia) where they have an unhealthy interest in tacky shit (even to the point of bankruptcy) and not giving a damn about the liberty of the people.

They did the same thing in Chechnya which is a federal republic in Russia and has it's own regional government. Another ultra-conservative vile regime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, mamifero said:

 

 

Yes,everyone should boycott the worldwide hotels owned by the Sultan. 

As always, it is the ruling extremists and fanatics that are enforcing these disgusting practices such as stoning gay people and adulterers. Not the will or fault of the people and citizens of Brunei. Extremists in Every religion and culture are so dangerous and do so much damage. Punishing the people that live in their own countries the most. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, mamifero said:

 

 

Brunei is rich because of its oil . Someone should look into that as well.

It's truly a sad sad day . It's 2019 and how anyone can justify stoning a person to death for any wronged doing is totally beyond my understanding .

https://tradingeconomics.com/brunei/imports-by-country

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...