New album

2 minutes ago, Kim said:

Why would it be "at the cost of something else"? You've just created that scenario in your head.(similar to the Eurovision means Top 10 nonsense as you surely know if you really live in the UK that it's seen as nothing but a goddamn joke)

Anyway, I couldn't care less about her playing Pride specifically, but to say that no one outside the gays would care about an (i'm assuming) hour longish set with (i'm assuming) a great look and (i'm assuming) at least a couple of brand new songs WOULD be great promo, and do the rounds on social media, press etc

Yes of course it’ll make the press, but tickets are already sold out and it’s mainly gay men going and it’s not being filmed! Or maybe this year it’ll be live streamed. I’d love that! 

4 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Yes of course it’ll make the press, but tickets are already sold out and it’s mainly gay men going and it’s not being filmed! Or maybe this year it’ll be live streamed. I’d love that! 

So basically the Met Gala, except for rubbish gays? Which as we know was HUGE for Madonna  (and this forum) last year.

I’m sure if she’s doing pride it will be broadcast. They will make it a big event and it would be huge promo for her to win the gays back. Isn’t it the 25th anniversary of stonewall and she’s getting an award too? That coupled along with the drag queen music video she is doing. I say go for it 

22 minutes ago, Mensch said:

That would be so awesome! Keeps fingers crossed!! 👒💫✨✨

6 minutes ago, mrsmith said:

I’m sure if she’s doing pride it will be broadcast. They will make it a big event and it would be huge promo for her to win the gays back. Isn’t it the 25th anniversary of stonewall and she’s getting an award too? That coupled along with the drag queen music video she is doing. I say go for it 

50th anniversary of the stonewall riot that lead to the uprising which directly created the pride celebration. World Pride is also in NYC for the first time ever and yes, M was named ambassador of Stonewall and will receive the Advocate for Change award at the GLAAD awards. So she better do Pride and also it should be broadcast 

52 minutes ago, Kim said:

Why would it be "at the cost of something else"? You've just created that scenario in your head.(similar to the Eurovision means Top 10 nonsense as you surely know if you really live in the UK that it's seen as nothing but a goddamn joke)

Anyway, I couldn't care less about her playing Pride specifically, but to say that no one outside the gays would care about an (i'm assuming) hour longish set with (i'm assuming) a great look and (i'm assuming) at least a couple of brand new songs WOULD be great promo, and do the rounds on social media, press etc

Meaning if it was a choice between Glasto or Pride as they are on at a similar time so if she had to choose just one as both are rumoured to be effected by her sky high fee.

It is just hyperthetical as I don’t think she would choose to do both due to logistics.

And as for the top ten in Europe following a performance on the Eurovision I do believe a performance of her lead single on it could give her that.

Yes I do live in the UK where Living for Love managed to get to number 26 after a fucking disastrous promo campaign. With a better lead single, better promo zero leaks and some actual hype again in the UK don’t tell me she can’t move up 14 places and get into the top 10.

Bollocks to the shes too old argument it’s excerlent PR and exposure for her music that’s been lacking. Just my humble opinion of course.

3 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Given the way she's struggled to sell concert venues especially in the UK - was it just one London date last time, she should realise that platforms like Glastonbury and Eurovision will shift masses of tickets.

Glastonbury absolutely revived Beyonce in the UK along with her under performing 4 album.

Not sure about pride though. Just sounds too tacky! What's this pride Island I've seen written about?

She did 4 UK shows the last time, 2 were London dates

All 4 were sellouts

5 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Given the way she's struggled to sell concert venues especially in the UK - was it just one London date last time, she should realise that platforms like Glastonbury and Eurovision will shift masses of tickets.

Glastonbury absolutely revived Beyonce in the UK along with her under performing 4 album.

Not sure about pride though. Just sounds too tacky! What's this pride Island I've seen written about?

pride island is just what they call the event. it's actually a pier in manhattan. here's a few pics of what it looked like last year:

Edited by bardo

5 hours ago, Mensch said:

50th anniversary of the stonewall riot that lead to the uprising which directly created the pride celebration. World Pride is also in NYC for the first time ever and yes, M was named ambassador of Stonewall and will receive the Advocate for Change award at the GLAAD awards. So she better do Pride and also it should be broadcast 

Oh my goodness, yes, 50 years. Sometimes I forget it’s 2019. 🙃 I didn’t know there was a world pride. But it sounds like everything is aligning for Madonna to be a part of it this year. Also, doing pride would give major street cred. I don’t think it’s really for has been anymore.

Edited by mrsmith

4 hours ago, Samo said:

She did 4 UK shows the last time, 2 were London dates

All 4 were sellouts

They took ages to sell and sold out doesn't necessarily mean it was full. It was clear in London they expected to add more nights but when it was obvious it wasn't going to happen, I think they added a date in Zurich instead?

She definitely needs some positive PR here like Live 8. That did wonders for her.

30 minutes ago, Suedey said:

I wonder what will come first: Madonna’s new album or a resolution to Brexit ?

... or none of it ever...

1 hour ago, trickyricky said:

hilarious anyway its called “lisbon nights”

It’s called Oldie But Goodie 

2 hours ago, dubtronic said:

fullsizeoutput_13eb.jpeg.3d7febc7e24f89a5b718ca43e5cc8360.jpg

but beware it's april fools day! 😉

If she will do this in the future, it will be the only reason to have Netflix for me 

8 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

It’s April!!!!! Will this be the month were we get official news? 

Will it fuck. She'll tell us the day before it's released in June and we'll like it.