New album

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
1 hour ago, Bill said:

As much as I never imagined Madonna would ever do a visual album, she has done an awful lot of video shoots... I mean, I definitely feel like there’s a message behind this album that she’s trying to convey. So maybe it’s a like an album-long music video? Who knows...

I hope so!  But I won't hold my breath. I recall last year we thought she was filming videos for the album, but it all turned out to be MDNA skin related.  So like you said, "who knows"?   Though, I have a hunch she is filming a number of things for the musical project (possibly tour back drops already).  I also wondered if she was maybe doing a musical documentary on her process including her inspirations in Portugal.  I guess we'll see soon.  I have a feeling she's probably going to drop the album and quickly go into tour rehearsals. 

43 minutes ago, Kim said:

Well I'm confused. Did she or didn't she?

I believe Mensch said someone who's not his usual source told him that the Pride deal fell through but that he still hoped it would happen...

2 minutes ago, Gus said:

I believe Mensch said someone who's not his usual source told him that the Pride deal fell through but that he still hoped it would happen...

Thanks Gus. Oh well, just wait n see then.

1 hour ago, Kim said:

Well I'm confused. Did she or didn't she?

23 minutes ago, Gus said:

Yes, sort of ... Mensch said someone other than his usual source told him “the negotiation did not go well” and that it was looking unlikely. We were never told if it fell through, though. (Negotiations may have continued?) And yes, as Gus said, Mensch was still hopeful, because they haven’t announced the Sunday headliner, which is apparently when insiders were expecting her to perform. 

Sorry, I know this almost exactly what Gus said, but wanted to clarify what I thought I recalled Mensch saying. It’s possible I missed a key update, though... I had several surgeries and was a bit out of routine for a couple weeks. 

The MDNA related video shoots from last year could have still been also shot for a music videos. It’s weird to have all those dancers picked out just to promote MDNA. I’m sure it was shot for Beautifil Game or something and M also took advantage and shot some scenes for the skin care. I think we all would be taken by surprise if there is indeed a visual album and all those previous videos shoots are all part of it. 

Someone said—sorry, can’t recall who—that someone on her team or in the production of one of these shoots described it as a “long form” she’s working on. So who knows what exactly she’s cooking?!? All I know is ... I’m starving! (Obscure reference to the 1999 Max Factor campaign behind-the-scenes vid which I quote all too often in my head!!) 

34 minutes ago, peter said:

Yes, sort of ... Mensch said someone other than his usual source told him “the negotiation did not go well” and that it was looking unlikely. We were never told if it fell through, though. (Negotiations may have continued?) And yes, as Gus said, Mensch was still hopeful, because they haven’t announced the Sunday headliner, which is apparently when insiders were expecting her to perform. 

Sorry, I know this almost exactly what Gus said, but wanted to clarify what I thought I recalled Mensch saying. It’s possible I missed a key update, though... I had several surgeries and was a bit out of routine for a couple weeks. 

Yes I'm a bit out the loop with the latest developments too. I don't know why there has to be these tortuous negotiations all the time. If there's a stage, a band and some lights then just get on with it. See it as the good promo opportunity that it is, as well as part of her Stonewall ambassadorship or whatever.

23 minutes ago, Kim said:

Yes I'm a bit out the loop with the latest developments too. I don't know why there has to be these tortuous negotiations all the time. If there's a stage, a band and some lights then just get on with it. See it as the good promo opportunity that it is, as well as part of her Stonewall ambassadorship or whatever.

becauses shes expensive 

2 hours ago, peter said:

Thanks for clarifying that Peter! 🙂

I know we're getting closer and closer but this long wait plus the lack of concrete news is ridiculous...just give us something please!

PS: Hope you're doing ok with those surgeries!

4 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

She should do Glastonbury and Pride for free. The exposure would be...priceless.

also that album isn’t going to plug itself gurl 

she should do it for free but shes not that kind of girl 

40 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

She should do Glastonbury and Pride for free. The exposure would be...priceless.

also that album isn’t going to plug itself gurl 

NYC Pride has been courting M for years but it never works out due to money 

I wish it would happen too

I got word from random people in the scene that it’s still on! I’m hopeful again! 

I just can’t wait any longer! They have NEVER waited this long to mention the Sunday headliner! 

Given the way she's struggled to sell concert venues especially in the UK - was it just one London date last time, she should realise that platforms like Glastonbury and Eurovision will shift masses of tickets.

Glastonbury absolutely revived Beyonce in the UK along with her under performing 4 album.

Not sure about pride though. Just sounds too tacky! What's this pride Island I've seen written about?

12 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Given the way she's struggled to sell concert venues especially in the UK - was it just one London date last time, she should realise that platforms like Glastonbury and Eurovision will shift masses of tickets.

Glastonbury absolutely revived Beyonce in the UK along with her under performing 4 album.

Not sure about pride though. Just sounds too tacky! What's this pride Island I've seen written about?

Glasto would massively give her a boost here in the UK and the Eurovision would give her the first top ten single around Europe for 10 years!

Pride? I’m not sure is it televised ? Does anyone care outside the gays?

No, no one besides the gays care and it’s an annual event with different artists performing Sat and Sun usually coinciding with the Pride celebration the last weekend of June. 

1 minute ago, Mensch said:

No, no one besides the gays care and it’s an annual event with different artists performing Sat and Sun usually coinciding with the Pride celebration the last weekend of June. 

I’d love her to play Pride at least once in her career but if it is at the cost something else that is televised and has a bigger audience for her new album I’d rather she goes with that. 

1 hour ago, Gus said:

Thanks for clarifying that Peter! 🙂

I know we're getting closer and closer but this long wait plus the lack of concrete news is ridiculous...just give us something please!

PS: Hope you're doing ok with those surgeries!

Thanks, @Gus! I’m doing well now, thanks! I know Jazzy had surgery, too, so I feel like MadonnaNation was in the medical ward this month! I’m grateful for the care I received and feel very blessed. I appreciate your kind wishes!! 

56 minutes ago, trickyricky said:

she should do it for free but shes not that kind of girl 

Well, she did the Super Bowl for free ... The thing is, there is still a budget. And if she is donating her time and talent, I don’t see why the event cannot meet (fund) the need for other resources (stage, band, lights, video screens & backdrops, et al.). I mean, I’m sure there is a compromise, but how much should she have to pay to play? (Which would be essentially what she would be doing if she would have to fly in the dancers on her own dime and pay for all the hard costs and pay the dancers, band, back-up singers, hair, make-up, costumes. Sure, they could do it “on the cheap” — but why would they or she want that? The reason they want MADONNA is because she brings an entirely different level of performance.)

47 minutes ago, Mensch said:

I got word from random people in the scene that it’s still on! I’m hopeful again! 

I just can’t wait any longer! They have NEVER waited this long to mention the Sunday headliner! 

🤞 Fingers crossed! Thanks for the update, @Mensch!

1 hour ago, Confessit said:

I’d love her to play Pride at least once in her career but if it is at the cost something else that is televised and has a bigger audience for her new album I’d rather she goes with that. 

Why would it be "at the cost of something else"? You've just created that scenario in your head.(similar to the Eurovision means Top 10 nonsense as you surely know if you really live in the UK that it's seen as nothing but a goddamn joke)

Anyway, I couldn't care less about her playing Pride specifically, but to say that no one outside the gays would care about an (i'm assuming) hour longish set with (i'm assuming) a great look and (i'm assuming) at least a couple of brand new songs WOULD be great promo, and do the rounds on social media, press etc