Eurovision Song Contest - CONFIRMED?

Lolo

On 5/1/2019 at 11:03 PM, Nikki said:

I just hope madonna and everyone around her knows the importance of LIVE SINGING on eurovision. It’s a MUST. No exceptions.

I didn't like how the vocals sounded at the Billboard awards. She was singing live over the recorded vocals, which made a wierd echo effect that didn't match up. Either sing live or lip sync please. No backing track.

5 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I didn't like how the vocals sounded at the Billboard awards. She was singing live over the recorded vocals, which made a wierd echo effect that didn't match up. Either sing live or lip sync please. No backing track.

Singing live please! 

She can sing beautifully live if she wants.

16 hours ago, Jairo said:

Well, Like a Prayer is probably the best song she can perform with live vocals. Maybe that's why she will do it.

It's a Madonna classic that everyone recognizes and adores

On 5/4/2019 at 11:38 PM, Nikki said:

it is getting crazier.. maybe they'll move Eurovision to another country? would they do that? they have two weeks. because I can't imagine they'd cancel the whole thing

No, if the Eurovision Song Contest were to be moved to another venue, in Israel or another country, that decision would have had to be made several months ago.

5 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

So, as far as I know, Eurovision has not been confirmed. Was there an official announcement that I missed?

The Israeli Public Broadcasting Corporation made an announcement on their website, but later stated at a press conference that they were still in negotiations.

1 hour ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Do you have a link to that?

Unfortunately, there is no confirmation from the German ESC staff:

"Israeli broadcaster announces appearance of Madonna.
However, there is still no confirmation from the European Broadcasting Union (EBU)."

https://www.eurovision.de/news/ESC-2019-Madonna-Auftritt-im-Gespraech,madonna836.html

15 minutes ago, dumitru said:

12 more days to go...

The rehearsal of BBMA took a month and she hasnt reheaesed esc yet..

18 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

The rehearsal of BBMA took a month and she hasnt reheaesed esc yet..

I have a feeling she'll do Medellin again, the same way as in Billboard, plus another song.

50 minutes ago, whyme? said:

I have a feeling she'll do Medellin again, the same way as in Billboard, plus another song.

unfortunately I think it will be like that..

for Eurovision I preferred a dance song .., 

we will enjoy what she offers us.

but for Eurovision I would like something else.

However Like a prayer is perfect, I do not know anyone who does not like ...  a Madonna classic .. without a doubt!

4 minutes ago, rebelgirl said:

unfortunately I think it will be like that..

for Eurovision I preferred a dance song .., 

we will enjoy what she offers us.

but for Eurovision I would like something else.

However Like a prayer is perfect, I do not know anyone who does not like ...  a Madonna classic .. without a doubt!

Medellín is a dance song, get over it. And I don’t think she’ll do Eurovision at this point. 

15 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Yes she told in an interview..

Yes, but we didn't know it one month before the show because we didn't even know she was performing yet! So what I mean is maybe she's also rehearsing for a month before the Eurovision show, we just don't know that at this time. 

6 minutes ago, Cesky said:

Yes, but we didn't know it one month before the show because we didn't even know she was performing yet! So what I mean is maybe she's also rehearsing for a month before the Eurovision show, we just don't know that at this time. 

Billboard Music Awards performance was schedule since 2018. The green screen rehearsals proved it. 

22 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Billboard Music Awards performance was schedule since 2018. The green screen rehearsals proved it. 

No, I know lol. I'm not expressing myself correctly. I'm saying that we as fans did not know Madonna was specifically rehearsing and performing at the BBMAs months before. 

Yes, we know that now in hindsight. I'm saying that, similarly, Madonna may have been rehearsing for Eurovision for a long time and we might not know that yet. 

Just now, Cesky said:

No, I know lol. I'm not expressing myself correctly. I'm saying that we as fans did not know Madonna was specifically rehearsing and performing at the BBMAs months before. 

Yes, we know that now in hindsight. I'm saying that, similarly, Madonna may have been rehearsing for Eurovision for a long time and we might not know that yet. 

That is my guess too, that the promo gigs were rehearsed alltogether

1 hour ago, Cesky said:

Did we know she was rehearsing for BBMA a month before?

Dancer Marvin said they had two weeks of rehearsal, whole production took one month

8110_madonna_Eurovision_winners_related-

These Six Eurovision Winners Are Related to Madonna

Madonna will be gracing the Eurovision stage in Tel Aviv next week and we could not be more excited. She holds the record for best-selling female recording artist of all time and is sure to put on a memorable show. While this is the first time Madonna will be performing at Eurovision, we were thrilled to find that singing and performing are clearly in Madonna’s DNA. Would you believe that she’s related to no fewer than six previous Eurovision winners?

1. Céline Dion is Madonna’s 8th cousin

Céline Dion, Glasgow, 2017

Céline Dion and Madonna are 8th cousins, which is a pretty close family relationship. Celine and Madonna’s great-great-great-great-great-great-grandmothers were sisters! When French-Canadian Céline Dion won the Eurovision contest in 1988, she was only well known in the French-speaking world. But her Eurovision win was just the beginning. Céline would go on to become one of the best-selling global artists of all time. While the two divas styles could not be further apart, Céline is dreamy and angelic while Madonna is provocative and hard-hitting, they share jaw-droppingly powerful vocals.

2. Salvador Sobral is Madonna’s 12th cousin twice removed

Salvador and Luísa Sobral
Salvador and Luísa Sobral

Salvador Sobral, who won the Eurovision contest just two years ago for Portugal, is Madonna’s 12th cousin twice removed. Salvador won the contest with an emotional operatic waltz about experiencing heartbreak after a difficult breakup. The song was actually written and composed by Salvador’s sister Luísa Sobral. Maybe she took some inspiration from Madonna’s HeartBreakCity where she veers slightly from her classic pop style with a slow and deep ballad.

3. Charlotte Perrelli is Madonna’s 21st cousin twice removed

Charlotte Perrelli
Charlotte Perrelli

Charlotte Perrelli of Sweden is Madonna’s 21st cousin twice removed. Madonna and Charlotte, who are both crown jewels of their respective countries music scenes, have royalty in their blood. They can trace their linked ancestry back to Valdemar II “The Victorious”, King of Denmark who ruled in the 12th century. King Valdemar II ascended to the throne when he was just 12 years old and had to fight off a scheming bishop who wanted overthrow his kingship. In the end, Kind Valdemar II was victorious, and he was considered the last king of the golden age of Denmark’s monarchy. It seems like both Madonna and Perrelli have genes propelling them toward greatness.

4. Benny Andersson is Madonna’s 21st cousin twice removed

Benny Anderson
Benny Anderson

Benny Anderson is another pop singer and relative of Madonna whose career took off after winning Eurovision. Anderson, who is Madonna’s 21st cousin twice removed, was a member of ABBA when they won the contest in 1974 with their hit song Waterloo. Later, Benny Anderson composed the hit Broadway show “Mama Mia”. Mama Mia is based off 18 ABBA songs. While Madonna’s songs have mostly stayed off the Broadways stage, Madonna herself did have one Broadway acting stint in 1988 David Mamet’s Speed-the-Plow. Her performance was less than show-stopping, but we’ll forgive her. We’d rather watch her perform in concert anyway!

5. Emmelie de Forest is Madonna’s 16th cousin twice removed

Emmelie de Forest
Emmelie de Forest

Emmelie de Forest, who is Madonna’s 16th cousin twice removed, won it all for Denmark in the 2013 Eurovision contest with the song “Only Teardrops.” Emmelie was born in 1993, which makes her the youngest Eurovision winner who is related to Madonna. It also means she was born in a world where Madonna had already made her mark on society. Emmelie probably grew up hearing the Queen of Pop’s tunes on the radio all the time and no doubt she was influenced by Madonna’s iconic music.

6. Hanne Krogh is Madonna’s 24th cousin four times removed

Hanne Krogh

Hanne Krogh jumped and jived her way to a big win for her home country of Norway when she performed her upbeat song “La Det Swinge” (“Let It Swing”) along with Elisabeth Anderson. Hanne went on to release an impressive 27 albums and many more hit singles. She became a symbol of successful female entrepreneurship and is often asked to MC at events focused on women’s empowerment. For her part, Madonna supports over 30 non-profit charities, proving herself to be more than a material girl. In 1998 Madonna founded The Ray of Light Foundation which ensures vulnerable children, especially girls, have access to education. In 2006 she turned her focus to poverty relief in the African country of Malawi and founded the charity Raising Malawi. It’s clear that both Hanne and Madonna have made a name for themselves amongst today’s female activists.

Source: MyHeritage.com, presenting partner of the Eurovision Song Contest 2019

In Italy, the RAI, that will broadcast ESC, aired an advertising with the 2 italian hosts, the singer Mahmood (keep an eye on him), who will represent our country, with HU playing during the spot. 🙂

3 minutes ago, systemvalues said:

In Italy, the RAI, that will broadcast ESC, aired an advertising with the 2 italian hosts, the singer Mahmood (keep an eye on him), who will represent our country, with HU playing during the spot. 🙂

Rooting for Mahmood!

16 minutes ago, side_streets said:

Rooting for Mahmood!

Lol 😉😋