Eurovision Song Contest - CONFIRMED?

Lolo

Swan Lee will of course accompany her but id imagine he will have a small part in the song whilst M does the heavy lifting.

I can’t wait for the performance and to hear Crave.

Just for fun: An overview of Madonna's Eurovision connections

Andrew Lloyd Webber co-wrote the UK 2009 entry, "It's My Time" by Jade Ewen. As all of you know, he's also the composer of the musical Evita, which starred Madonna as Eva Perón when it was adapted for the screen.

Julie Frost co-wrote the German winning entry of the Eurovision Song Contest 2009, "Satellite" by Lena. The following year, she co-wrote "Masterpiece".

One of Madonna's biggest hits, "Hung Up", was based on a sample from ABBA's "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)". Incidentally, ABBA's international breakthrough came when their "Waterloo" won the Eurovision Song Contest 1974. Furthermore, Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus co-wrote the official anthem of the Eurovision Song Contest 2013, which was produced by Avicii, who would later co-write and co-produce several songs for the Rebel Heart album.

Salem Al Fakir, who co-wrote and co-produced several songs for the Rebel Heart album, competed to represent Sweden in 2010. He ultimately finished 2nd in the Swedish national selection.

Anders Bagge, who co-wrote "Get Together", also co-wrote Safura's "Drip Drop", which represented Azerbaijan in the Eurovision Song Contest 2010.

Jean Paul Gaultier has designed several outfits for Madonna in the past decade, include all of her outfits for the Confessions Tour. However, we've also seen several of his designs on the Eurovision stage: Amina (France 1991), Dana International (Israel 1998 & 2011), Anna Vissi (Greece 2006), Anggun (France 2012) and Madame Monsieur (France 2018) all wore outfits designed by Jean Paul Gaultier for their Eurovision performances. He was also behind all outfits worn by Petra Mede when she presented the Eurovision Song Contest 2013.

Dino D'Santiago is one of the people Madonna has name as sources of inspiration for the Madame X album. As it happened, he took part in one of the interval acts for last year's Eurovision Song Contest in Lisbon:

On 5/1/2019 at 11:03 PM, Nonoka said:

I think LAP was to be expected - what I'm really interested in is which song off the new album she's going to roll out. To the Eurovision experts (looking at you @Msig :laugh:) - when do the first rehearsals usually take place in the venue? I figure that's prolly when we're going to get the setlist leaked.

Probably Beutiful Game aka Dark Ballet.

But when she will rehearse? It took over a month BBMAs.

14 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

So is it confirmed?!

I would like to know too... Everyone's talking like it is actually happening...? 

2 hours ago, jasray said:

I would like to know too... Everyone's talking like it is actually happening...? 

Te same here.

I haven’t read anything from an official source respect her participation.

Eurovision is a great platform to present her next single so hope it’s not only a rumour.

If in fact she is performing at Eurovision.  Madonna needs to cancel immediately.  Gaza recently launched 90 missiles at Israel.  Is a music contest really worth the risk of being placed in the middle of mass violence?  Madonna is a parent to six children (well four children and two adults).  Too much risk. Seeing her live is wonderful but too much is at stake here.

Edited by sul8323

On 5/2/2019 at 5:03 AM, Nikki said:

I just hope madonna and everyone around her knows the importance of LIVE SINGING on eurovision. It’s a MUST. No exceptions.

Yes, I really hope she focuses on her vocals more and doesn't treat them as the least important aspect of her performance.

Maybe she will replicate Medellin with Maluma? The theatrical staging is very fitting to Eurovision and will blew everyone away

11 minutes ago, sul8323 said:

If in fact she is performing at Eurovision.  Madonna needs to cancel immediately.  Gaza recently launched 90 missiles at Israel.  Is a music contest really worth the risk of being placed in the middle of mass violence?  Madonna is a parent to six children (well four children and two adults).  Too much risk. Seeing her live is wonderful but too much is at stake here.

more than 200 missiles... the terror organizations in Gaza are saying that they want to make Israel cancel the Eurovision... now they are doing that because they are basically blackmailing Israel for money and stuff... They think that because of the Eurovision and that this week is Israel independence day, that they will get what they want without a real clash...

there are two ways this could go: there will be an agreement between Israel and Hamas and the Jihad 
the other is that Israel will strike back and this could lead to something bigger so the whole thing will be canceled...
either way, Madonna will be safe so calm down
btw -  the rehearsals of the Eurovision started today and they are going as they were supposed to... the missiles are aimed to the south of Israel... Tel Aviv is in the center so it's really calm in other areas that are not in the south...

18 minutes ago, Acediace said:

more than 200 missiles... the terror organizations in Gaza are saying that they want to make Israel cancel the Eurovision... now they are doing that because they are basically blackmailing Israel for money and stuff... They think that because of the Eurovision and that this week is Israel independence day, that they will get what they want without a real clash...

there are two ways this could go: there will be an agreement between Israel and Hamas and the Jihad 
the other is that Israel will strike back and this could lead to something bigger so the whole thing will be canceled...
either way, Madonna will be safe so calm down
btw -  the rehearsals of the Eurovision started today and they are going as they were supposed to... the missiles are aimed to the south of Israel... Tel Aviv is in the center so it's really calm in other areas that are not in the south...

I do not believe that I am being an alarmist or hysterical here only highlighting the truth that people are dying there, the violence is escalating, and being high profile doesn't make you more safe. I would like to hear M16 (I count Breathless) as much as I desire to have M15 promoted.  

Edited by sul8323

9 minutes ago, sul8323 said:

I do not believe that I am being an alarmist or hysterical here only highlighting the truth that people are dying there, the violence is escalating, and being high profile doesn't make you more safe. I would like to hear M16 (I count Breathless) as much as I desire to have M15 promoted.  

look... the Eurovision is not a factor in the conflict between Israel and Gaza. I'ts means that if it will have to be cancelled, it will be cancelled.  there is no way that in a time of a crisis Israel will have this kind of event 

it is getting crazier.. maybe they'll move Eurovision to another country? would they do that? they have two weeks. because I can't imagine they'd cancel the whole thing

Gaza Militants Fire 250 Rockets, and Israel Responds With Airstrikes

JERUSALEM — Palestinian militants launched about 250 rockets and mortars into southern Israel from Gaza on Saturday, and the Israeli military responded with airstrikes and tank fire against targets across the Palestinian territory, as tensions along the volatile border boiled over and a fragile cease-fire faltered again.

I'm surprised M is not following Eurovision or producers of Eurovision on Instagram lol

23 minutes ago, Nikki said:

it is getting crazier.. maybe they'll move Eurovision to another country? would they do that? they have two weeks. because I can't imagine they'd cancel the whole thing

JERUSALEM — Palestinian militants launched about 250 rockets and mortars into southern Israel from Gaza on Saturday, and the Israeli military responded with airstrikes and tank fire against targets across the Palestinian territory, as tensions along the volatile border boiled over and a fragile cease-fire faltered again.

Oh my god...

9 hours ago, peppermint said:

I do believe the Eurovision announcement may be incorporated into the press release on Monday along with the tour details.

Could be the case. 

I do hope she ups her game a bit, cause what i've seen on bbma was not a show stealer. And this is not US where majority of performers will bore you to death. This is Eurovision that had in multiple times delivered great performances from the finalists. If she will repeat the bbma she would only get a footnote as press coverage. I can not wait , and i am sure she will not dissapoint. 

21 hours ago, Nikki said:

The EBU always has a plan B but maybe it's to short day now,they already started rehearsals.

Edited by strepentijger

Medellin BBMAS performance took 2 weeks of rehearsal, and what about this Eurovision thing... She needs to start rehearsals tomorrow then

Pardon my lack of info and naivety perhaps about my question, but isn't Eurovision song contest supposed to be hosted by a Europe-located country? Or has it all changed? If indeed it is potentially so risky then why not going back to its roots, hosting it somewhere in Europe, instead of endangering Madonna's life among others, IF this appearance is ever going to be confirmed.

6 minutes ago, pjcowley said:

Pardon my lack of info and naivety perhaps about my question, but isn't Eurovision song contest supposed to be hosted by a Europe-located country? Or has it all changed? If indeed it is potentially so risky then why not going back to its roots, hosting it somewhere in Europe, instead of endangering Madonna's life among others, IF this appearance is ever going to be confirmed.

It's nothing to do them being in Europe. It's whoever is a member of the European Broadcasting Union. The only exception is Australia who were invited to take part during the 60th Anniversary in 2015 and still compete.