NY Post are pressed because the QUEEN still REIGNS

By the way, I’m not in any way trying to say I agree with the article or anything! Quite the opposite — I’m trying to say Madonna has always done what she wants (as long as the other artist is willing). 

I mean, the list could be even longer if we’re not being strict — Lenny Kravitz on JML, Bjork co-writing Bedtime Story for her, etc. She follows her muse. There’s nothing desperate or clingy about it. 

I find the article to be typical of most articles about Madonna.  This is far from the worst  but has the same principles.  Always containing back handed compliments,  debating Madonna being "  relevant"  and is trying so hard to appear neutral so don't care about ageist, sexist opinions being included  or downplaying Madonna.     There is usually some kind of " Hand wringing"  and apologising for loving Madonna added as well in general. 

It is just quite comical though as I don't see it with other legends.  If we read articles on other superstars,  they are mostly incredibly positive and celebrating them.  No shady headlines etc.  Have kept scrapbooks since the 80's on my favourite stars and always have noticed that when I read them back,  the other stars's articles are virtually all positive while the Madonna ones are 80 % negative.  It is a real eye opener when I compare them and  this has always happened since the 80's.   We as Madonna fans are just used to it and that it why when an article is  not " all bad"  we think of it as positive. 

1 hour ago, peter said:

I mean ... okay, if you want to split hairs. But Prince, Me’shell, and Massive Attack were for Madonna records. So that’s three, not one.

Yes, you are correct that the duets with Ricky and Britney were for their albums ... but ... She hopped on Ricky’s record when his star was ascending in the English-speaking markets. There were rumors it would be released as a single, it just never happened because Madonna’s schedule was busy with soundtrack songs. M filmed  the video for Britney’s. So ... I’m not sure whether it really matters that it was “for them” — like that somehow makes it not “for her,” too.

They’re mutually beneficial. That’s why Madonna participates and why the other parties are happy to have Madonna’s involvement.

But yes, I concede that the number of features on an album has increased. Considering the number of songs released from RH, I don’t think it was excessive, though. On HC, JT is credited on two songs and Kanye is the only featured rap verse. (Pharrell is never listed as “featuring,” even though his vocals appear.) And on MDNA, she had Nicki and MIA — both appearing on two songs each, for a total of three songs with guest vocal. contributions. Still, proportionally, it doesn’t feel overwhelming. I agree there are more per record than in the past, but I don’t see much of a change in her strategically speaking. She is still choosing to work creatively with other artists. That didn’t start in 2008.

THIS.

Was just on FB and look at the people commenting on her FB. Such a mix. SHE is still relevent. It's the media and radio stopping her music being played a lot. She is still relevent but needs a different reach out. 

Screenshot_20190325-075432.jpg

Screenshot_20190325-075427.jpg

4 hours ago, humanracin said:

"She’s also smartly cozying up to younger stars, like Gaga, who can help draw eyes her way."

giphy.gif

like the fans of hers do not follow everything madonna does anyway 

Guest CzarnaWisnia
12 hours ago, eroticerotic said:

the article is nothing to fuzz about. if anything it's what alot of people think anyways, nothing new.  really tame,  IMO.

I thought this thread was meant to become 'donnaDaily.com, how dare you try to bring a reasonable position!

4 hours ago, Danmacevents said:

Was just on FB and look at the people commenting on her FB. Such a mix. SHE is still relevent. It's the media and radio stopping her music being played a lot. She is still relevent but needs a different reach out. 

Screenshot_20190325-075432.jpg

Screenshot_20190325-075427.jpg

Uh US radio plays her old stuff all the time, her back catalogue is one of the most played but that's irrelevant to them not playing her NEW stuff, of course it's like that with every older legendary artist not just Madonna

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

Seems to me, the media/haters do everything to try to prove she's desperately hanging on to relevancy, rather speak of all the great accomplishments of hers.  Not that Itunes is a way to measure what is popular in music, but we can't deny it's a huge contribution to corporate music.  But I find it odd that we see a lot of older male artists, or even younger artists (including female) older albums always popping back up into the top 200, yet for the most part her Immaculate Collection is the only album that tends to keep showing up in the top 200 on Itunes.  Numerous older albums by Michael Jackson, Elton John, Queen, Fleetwood Mac, Abba, Adele, Michael Buble, and various other artists, but never Madonna.  I can understand Queen since the film on them, but they've always had albums in the top 200.  But why don't we see some of her most popular albums showing up?  I just find it all a bit strange?  I'd think being such an 80's icon, a couple of her 80's album would be selling well digitally? 

I hate these type of articles, just reinforces the stereotypes about her which the GP seem to swallow time and time again.

Certainly doesn’t ever get mentioned about Elton John or Barbra who have been doing ‘duets’ with younger and newer stars for decades, and with pre made hits from their back catalogue to boot.

Mariah can’t fart without a featuring.

Dolly’s Dumplin LP is full of duets and re-recordings yet she has been praised.

nb. I LOVE dolly so that wasn’t shade, just pointing out the BS.

That tweet about Paul McCartney is very telling and should be shoved into the Journalists news feed for a response.

On 3/26/2019 at 1:44 AM, luluthecat said:

How many years have the media been writing about her “clinging on to relevantly” .........must be coming up over 25 years!! 

Yes, it’s a broken record. Madonna is the biggest star of them all. She doesn’t cling to anyone for relevancy.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
10 hours ago, peter said:

^ Who knows? Maybe because they apply discount/sale prices for some old albums, and people bite? Madonna’s rarely on sale.

That's not entirely true.  I've seen her albums discounted numerous times in the last year.  As low as 4.99 including Immaculate Collection.  It's a shame that most people cling to only Immaculate Collection because she has many fantastic songs after 1990. 

Madonna needs younger artists for the rqdio. Not sales. She does that on her own. How they can write this crqp about her.. in her 60's is very telling how much she has to face ... tina,cher,aretha,mariah,and janet have never had to face this open barrage of hate... but our queen will move on and do her thing reguardless.

The fact that they are commenting on her collaborating with younger artists isn't a big deal, it's the tone and language that makes it negative. This could've been a positive article - Madonna, a legend, still releasing new music and evolving after so many years collaborating with younger stars who now command attention like she did in her peak. I don't see anything wrong with that. In fact it could be presented as exciting. The article crosses the line because she is referred to as calculated and a manipulator and any compliments are backhanded. As @Jazzy Jan said it is something that seems to be typical for Madonna articles. She is always held to a different standard to others. People defend MJ for being a pedophile but Madonna tells a story about Aretha Franklin and she's ripped to shreds. I can't comprehend the hypocrisy.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 4:20 PM, Napoléon said:

People defend MJ for being a pedophile but Madonna tells a story about Aretha Franklin and she's ripped to shreds. I can't comprehend the hypocrisy.

It's funny that those "mega" Madonna + "regular" MJ fans fought hard for MJ's paedophile, researched for all evidence, post links/pictures and trying so fucking hard to shut everyone up constantly in that MJ paedophile thread...

BUT in this thread, these "mega" Madonna fans either commented one or two times lightly & casually or just simply couldn't be bothered or disappeared.

On 3/26/2019 at 7:03 PM, Amelia said:

Seems to me, the media/haters do everything to try to prove she's desperately hanging on to relevancy, rather speak of all the great accomplishments of hers.  Not that Itunes is a way to measure what is popular in music, but we can't deny it's a huge contribution to corporate music.  But I find it odd that we see a lot of older male artists, or even younger artists (including female) older albums always popping back up into the top 200, yet for the most part her Immaculate Collection is the only album that tends to keep showing up in the top 200 on Itunes.  Numerous older albums by Michael Jackson, Elton John, Queen, Fleetwood Mac, Abba, Adele, Michael Buble, and various other artists, but never Madonna.  I can understand Queen since the film on them, but they've always had albums in the top 200.  But why don't we see some of her most popular albums showing up?  I just find it all a bit strange?  I'd think being such an 80's icon, a couple of her 80's album would be selling well digitally? 

Didn't True Blue and Like a Virgin re-enter Billboard a few years back?

This is exactly why i  love Madonna . Appart from her amasing catalogue, she really has a way of making people show their true colors.... When you are a hater it say more about what kind of person you are than about the person wich is your target. And M beeing trully unapolegetic bring out the ulgy side of humanity.  Seeing the flaws can be more usefull than pretending we are all in a bubble of nice people

Edited by dumitru

• 2 weeks later...