M14

1 minute ago, TearsInHeaven said:

i think that was posted pages ago, it also mentions that she was wearing the black wig

and sings 1,2 cha cha cha

23 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Oh no, the conversation turned into "another number one" again. 

Sorry. I just don't know what to say anymore because I'm too excited.. I think I haven't been this excited for Rebel Heart and not even MDNA

Edited by Andyrs

7 hours ago, mrsmith said:

That’s not true. While there was no concrete date, There was an interview in a magazine (I forget which one) where it was confirmed for fall 2018. Months later, it was said it would be 2019.

can you blame the fans? Madonna also saidin January 2018 in an interview that’s she’s coming for us in 2018. That was a question I believe definitely related to touring and music.

Madonna herself said “soon soon soon” and Nikki Minaj said they had something brewing soon too. 

That’s not “fan speculation”.

Excuse me, but please do not call me a liar. When Madonna says “soon” — there’s a lot of intetpretation that goes on. And obviously we all agree “soon” is never soon enough. But we want her to put out her art in the way she wants on the timeline she prefers — or else we get messy rollouts. So, yes, I am a fan, and I get why we talk about it and express our hopes and desires, but I can also blame fans when false narratives are created. Madonna never said what date new music is coming. Neither did her label or her management. Until that happens, and the date comes and goes without music, can anyone claim she is late. 

As I said, she performed a set in a highly publicized event in 2018 — a classic, a cover, and a portion of a new song. And a few months later, she released a video of that performance, including that music. That’s something that happened in 2018 — and maybe we all want more, but don’t act like she didn’t give it to us. Just because some people interpreted her comment with Kelly Ripa and Ryan Seacrest to mean we would have a completed album and be able to see her on tour in 2018 doesn’t mean it was reality. Yes, she said she was “coming” for us in 2018. Can mean a lot of things. She was saying she was going back to work. For her, work is a creative process, and a process takes time — sometimes more than anticipated. Plus, if we want her label to promote her, they have to have marketing budget funds available for her, etc. It’s not entirely up to her when she has to work with a company (and one that she doesn’t have as much caché with as she did with Warner).

6 hours ago, Suedey said:

Nothing was ever confirmed by anyone. Wishful thinking. You can dig up all the old threads. End of 2018 was always speculation / expectation. Madonna or her team NEVER said she was releasing the album in 2018.

Thank you!

6 hours ago, Confessit said:

I agree.

However, Vogue is not the National Enquirer, it's a serious publication and they would not print that article without a nod from M and/or her team.

They didn't simply make up the fact that the album would be coming late last year, they would of had that hint from talking with Madonnas people. 

I believe it changed and the album pushed into this year for whatever reason.

I would love to see a scan of the Vogue Italia print edition where it quotes Madonna as saying “My album will be released in fall 2018.” I am such a flop fan because I could not buy one locally — so I’ve only seen images online and read excerpts. After the elaborate and long-unfolding lies about Glenn Close being a loony fan for M (and the revelation this past year that that’s not true), you can understand why fans are a little skeptical of online rumors.

Even if Vogue printed that, it was surely editorial and not quoting M or her representatives. I agree that Vogue may have gotten an indication an album is in the pipelines and coming “soon” — but I’d love to see the exact words and translation. (For example, did it say the album was “expected” by the end of the year? Or “will be released” by the end of the year? They sound the same, but they are technically different. Fans surely did “expect” it — but it wasn’t a realistic expectation.)

Just like another fan said — if the production company applied with the local Portuguese officials for permission to shoot in March, clearly they are operating on the expected timetable for M and co.

6 hours ago, Marcelox said:

I don't think anything has been delayed.. The article in the Portuguese press said that. 

"The producers sent to the Sintra City Council an application to use the  Quinta Nova da Assunção on 12 October 2018 and requested the reservation between 15 and 20 of this month for the purpose of recording a videoclip." 

I looks like their following their original plan/schedules so far..  🤔

Thank you!!

22 minutes ago, peter said:

Even if Vogue printed that, it was surely editorial and not quoting M or her representatives. I agree that Vogue may have gotten an indication an album is in the pipelines and coming “soon” — but I’d love to see the exact words and translation. (For example, did it say the album was “expected” by the end of the year? Or “will be released” by the end of the year? They sound the same, but they are technically different. Fans surely did “expect” it — but it wasn’t a realistic expectation.)

Just like another fan said — if the production company applied with the local Portuguese officials for permission to shoot in March, clearly they are operating on the expected timetable for M and co.

Yes I agree it was editorial but it was a collaboration with Madonna and her people. The whole concept of the photo shoot and the interview was thought up by Madonna.

Originally Vogue ITALIA wanted wanted to do a tribute issue to celebrate her 60th she declined it and the concept of her new life in Portugal was instead the direction the issue went in because of Madonna. This wasn't a tabloid newspaper this article was created and approved by M herself. Madonna choose the whole direction.

Your completely right there is a huge difference between saying the album is expected at the end of the year as oppose to it will be released by the end of the year.

The article said the album will be released by the end of the year babe.

As you've already commented that gives the readers the impression it would be released and that's why many other news outlets reported it would happen last year omce Vogue went on sale. 

3 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Yes I agree it was editorial but it was a collaboration with Madonna and her people. The whole concept of the photo shoot and the interview was thought up by Madonna.

Originally Vogue ITALIA wanted wanted to do a tribute issue to celebrate her 60th she declined it and the concept of her new life in Portugal was instead the direction the issue went in because of Madonna. This wasn't a tabloid newspaper this article was created and approved by M herself. Madonna choose the whole direction.

Your completely right there is a huge difference between saying the album is expected at the end of the year as oppose to it will be released by the end of the year.

The article said the album will be released by the end of the year babe.

As you've already commented that gives the readers the impression it would be released and that's why many other news outlets reported it would happen last year omce Vogue went on sale. 

Well, “babe,” do you have a scan? And was it in Italian or English?

Just because Madonna was involved in the creative direction of the portfolio and cooperated by speaking with the interviewer does not mean that she proofed the final editor’s layout or the editor’s letter or the publisher’s letter (which often talk about the features in that issue). We all know Madonna doesn’t proofread carefully, or we wouldn’t get the kind of typos we get on IG and elsewhere. I love her, but she needs a proofreader from time to time. (I know she doesn’t think she needs one and she will yell about the grammar police and the tag police, but ... yeah, sometimes typos can cause confusion. Just like how Vogue Italia could have typed an “8” instead of a “9.” Makes a big difference to people.)

29 minutes ago, peter said:

Well, “babe,” do you have a scan? And was it in Italian or English?

Just because Madonna was involved in the creative direction of the portfolio and cooperated by speaking with the interviewer does not mean that she proofed the final editor’s layout or the editor’s letter or the publisher’s letter (which often talk about the features in that issue). We all know Madonna doesn’t proofread carefully, or we wouldn’t get the kind of typos we get on IG and elsewhere. I love her, but she needs a proofreader from time to time. (I know she doesn’t think she needs one and she will yell about the grammar police and the tag police, but ... yeah, sometimes typos can cause confusion. Just like how Vogue Italia could have typed an “8” instead of a “9.” Makes a big difference to people.)

IMG_0015.PNG

45 minutes ago, Confessit said:

IMG_0015.PNG

Thanks. I still find that odd — it is not a quote from Madonna or her publicist, and from a screen cap like this, I can’t even see who wrote it. The author of the piece or an editor...? And is this a translation...?

24 minutes ago, peter said:

Thanks. I still find that odd — it is not a quote from Madonna or her publicist, and from a screen cap like this, I can’t even see who wrote it. The author of the piece or an editor...? And is this a translation...?

No idea who put the article together I'm assuming the same person who did the interview. The entire transcript in all its glory can be enjoyed here.... https://www.vogue.it/en/fashion/cover-fashion-stories/2018/08/01/exclusive-interview-with-madonna-a-love-letter-to-lisbon-vogue-italia-august/ although it states it is only part 1 I can't seem to find part 2 anywhere.

The bottom line is the magazine did declare the album would be released by the end of last year. 

If you believe it was a mistranscript that's fine I believe they said that because that's the nod they got from M and her team. I believe things changed between when Madonna did the interview and photo shoot for the magazine which was in JUNE 2018 with plenty of time to organise an album to be released by the end of the year.

I could be wrong but I believe that was Madonnas intention and that's why Vogue printed as such.