MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
elijah

One of the best music pieces ever created!

I discovered this piece through The Favourite. Antonio Vivaldi is among my favourites and especially this. Love Baroque music as a whole. Do you?

I ADORE baroque music. I don't know much about classic music and only know the famous, if you know what I mean and Vivaldi is always so gorgeous! 

I listen to a lot of classic music recently, mostly Spotify playlists, while reading or cleaning. It's such a mindfulness moment.

9 hours ago, karbatal said:

I ADORE baroque music. I don't know much about classic music and only know the famous, if you know what I mean and Vivaldi is always so gorgeous! 

I listen to a lot of classic music recently, mostly Spotify playlists, while reading or cleaning. It's such a mindfulness moment.

yeap, it relaxes me so much! But also moves you so much. Cyril has pushed me to listen to classical music much more and I am becoming a huge fan.

I've been going thru phases of listening to classical music since college. 

It's just really beautiful and relaxing.

The Vivaldi composition that is posted is excellent.

On 10 March 2019 at 6:16 AM, Nick said:

I've been going thru phases of listening to classical music since college. 

It's just really beautiful and relaxing.

The Vivaldi composition that is posted is excellent.

Classical musical is incredibly beautiful  I listen to classical music a lot and it often makes me cry with just how beautiful it is. 

@elijah. Apologies for hi jacking this thread but thought this belonged on a thread celebrating beautiful music. @karbatal @Nick  @elijah  What do you all think of this. I heard it tonight and again, took me to another world. 

This theme for " How the Universe works" by Richard Blair-Oliphant often brings me to tears. 

30 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

@elijah. Apologies for hi jacking this thread but thought this belonged on a thread celebrating beautiful music. @karbatal @Nick  @elijah  What do you all think of this. I heard it tonight and again, took me to another world. 

This theme for " How the Universe works" by Richard Blair-Oliphant often brings me to tears. 

It's beautiful! 

On 3/9/2019 at 5:11 AM, elijah said:

I discovered this piece through The Favourite. Antonio Vivaldi is among my favourites and especially this. Love Baroque music as a whole. Do you?

Oh my God! It is so nice to see this kind of post here! I am a musicain myself (violinist) and I obviuosly adore Vivaldi and the Concert you posted! Thanks 🙂 If you want any suggestions of good music (and good recordings) just let me know

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Its perfect! Love this kind of music

I feel spoiled because the city where I live has a classical music radio station — 24/7 FM radio that is all classical music programming. When I don’t have my iPod on in my car, that’s the station I listen to. I know that not many radio stations like thay exist anymore — many that did exist have switched formats, either partially or entirely.

I guess people can get this from satellite radio and all the streaming apps now ... even cable TV has “radio” channels, and I know there is a classical one. So similar options exist. But the fact that it’s local, and real humans (not algorithms or robots) are making the selections and commenting about the music, etc., makes me feel better about it for some reason. 

Long story short (too late) — classical music is beautiful and relaxing, yes!

9 hours ago, elijah said:

Its perfect! Love this kind of music

Agree it's very nice.

17 hours ago, Geiger83 said:

Oh my God! It is so nice to see this kind of post here! I am a musicain myself (violinist) and I obviuosly adore Vivaldi and the Concert you posted! Thanks 🙂 If you want any suggestions of good music (and good recordings) just let me know

I admire classic musicians. So great and good for you. I d like some suggestions for classic music as passionate as this one!

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, elijah said:

I admire classic musicians. So great and good for you. I d like some suggestions for classic music as passionate as this one!

Hi! Well, it is a pleasure 🙂 As you said you like baroque music I restricted my suggestions on this period ( I really had to control myself otherwise I would have posted hundreds of Cds 😄).  Then I think you can slowly improve your repertoire 🙂 But please get in touch if you want some more classical musical inspirations😘

1) Instrumental music:

J. S. Bach

Violin Concertos

Brandenburg Concertos

Antonio Vivaldi (and Jean Fery Rebel)

The Four Seasons and The Elements

Vivaldi

La Stravaganza

Georg Philipp Telemann

Wind Concertos

Quartets

Arcangelo Corelli

Concerti Grossi

Jan Dimas Zelenka

Sonatas

2) Vocal Music

Vivaldi

Opera arias

Stabat Mater and other works

Diverse composers and works

"Enfers"

Vivaldi and Handel

Gloria and Dixit Dominus

J. S. Bach

Magnificat and Mass in F Major

Pergolesi

Stabat Mater and other works

Handel

Messiah

J. S. Bach

B minor Mass

Edited by Geiger83
grammar

The Four Seasons of Vivaldi are a marvel of Baroque music. It is impossible not to feel good listening to these four concertos filled with joy.

Thanks, @Geiger83! Last month, at the place where I work, we hosted a German choir and orchestra (from Leipzig) which presented Bach’s Mass in B minor. And next month, we will present Handel’s Messiah (a large professional chamber choir with period instruments performing).

A few years ago, we presented a pianist who performed piano transcriptions of the Brandenburg concertos, too!

Thank you @Geiger83! Great recommendations!😘

3 hours ago, elijah said:

Thank you @Geiger83! Great recommendations!😘

It is a pleasure 😘