MadonnaNation.com Forums
Magician

Michael Jackson: Paedophile (continued)

https://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/ny-ent-oprah-winfrey-after-neverland-20190305-story.html

Oprah Winfrey addresses controversy, criticism following 'Leaving Neverland' release: 'This moment transcends Michael Jackson'

By JAMI GANZ

MAR 05, 2019 | 12:50 PM

ny-1551805298-hicm5l6s7c-snap-image

Divisive conversation continues to surround HBO’s Michael Jackson-centric documentary, “Leaving Neverland.” This time, Oprah Winfrey has something to say.

The former talk show host sat down with Jackson accusers, James Safechuck, Wade Robson, and director Dan Reed, in a special that aired on HBO and OWN directly after Part Two of “Neverland.” Both parts of the documentary aired Sunday and Monday at 8 p.m.

The special, entitled, “Oprah Winfrey Presents: After Neverland,” was filmed in front of an audience of sexual abuse survivors, their families, and supporters.

Though the documentary has elicited fervent criticisms from Jackson supporters and fans, Winfrey defended her decision to host the program, saying, “I know people all over the world are going to be in an uproar and debating whether or not Michael Jackson did these things and whether these two men are lying or not lying. But for me, this moment transcends Michael Jackson. It is much bigger than any one person. This is a moment in time that allows us to see this societal corruption. It’s like a scourge on humanity … If it gets you, our audience, to see how it happens, then some good would have come of it.”

Winfrey, a survivor of sexual abuse, praised Reed’s film and the way it explored the unexpected seductive nature of child sexual abuse. In the special, she reminded viewers that Safechuck and Robson “did not feel abuse until much later on in life.”

Robson elaborated, “From night one of the abuse, of the sexual stuff that Michael did to me, he told me it was love. … Anything Michael would say to me was gospel.”

Reed has stood by his decision to not consult the Jackson estate nor family during filming, a point he echoed to The Daily News in an interview last week, saying, “We don’t make any allegations against the estate. We also don’t make any allegations about [the family].” He added that he presumed, if Jackson did in fact commit acts of abuse, he likely hid his crime from loved ones.

The Jackson family, on the other hand, has vehemently denied any and all allegations against Michael. In a recent appearance on “CBS This Morning,” Jackson’s brother, Marlon, questioned the legitimacy of the accusations, “If Neverland was so horrifying for [Robson], then why did you keep going back?” Taj, Jackson’s nephew, added, “It’s always been about money.”

HBO and OWN did not immediately respond to comment on their decision to air “After Neverland.”

33 minutes ago, Magician said:

Protests earlier today :janetflop:

Funnily enough these vermin look exactly like you'd expect a small street gathering of paedo apologists to look...

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/mar/06/leaving-neverland-review-michael-jackson-documentary

.....Journalistic and legal standards require neutrality be observed, but as a viewer it’s hard to escape the conclusion that the star – who openly admitted he slept with boys in his bed, and was trailed by accusations of child molestation for the last 15 years of his life – did exactly what these men say he did.

Whatever the truth, as a documentary it is an astonishing piece of work. Relentlessly spare and unsensationalist, it manages better than any other in its genre not to let its attention wander from the survivors’ testimony. Footage of Jackson is confined almost wholly to that of him with the boys themselves on stage, private calls between them and family snaps. He is never allowed to overwhelm the story. And the story the men tell is one familiar to anyone with any experience, direct or indirect, of child abuse; only the scale is different. Grooming comes with a gift of the Thriller jacket and entire theme parks booked for you, rather than bags of sweets or a longed-for toy. You are made to feel special by being played unreleased music by your hero, rather than being allowed to stay up late. But at its heart it is the same. And the heart is black and through its veins runs poison.

Let us hope Leaving Neverland, and the changing times that have created space for it, are part of a deep and lasting purge.

It's heartening that all intelligent commentary on this powerful piece of work continues to be so supportive of the victims of this vile predator.

55 minutes ago, Magician said:

Protests earlier today :janetflop:

Wow! there must be about, what? 30 people?

I have not seen the doco yet ( Friday I will have joined the world in seeing it )  but still can not understand why people can't see how an adult man,  INVITING young fans over to his house, sharing his private time and his bed with them is not the actions of a predator/paedophile.   I keep hearing ( as an excuse ) that he had no childhood,  but reliving childhood does not involve sleeping in bed with your friends so even that excuse has no merit.   It is a sick manipulative and twisted way of trying to cover up his real intentions. 

3 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I have not seen the doco yet ( Friday I will have joined the world in seeing it )  but still can not understand why people can't see how an adult man,  INVITING young fans over to his house, sharing his private time and his bed with them is not the actions of a predator/paedophile.   I keep hearing ( as an excuse ) that he had no childhood,  but reliving childhood does not involve sleeping in bed with your friends so even that excuse has no merit.   It is a sick manipulative and twisted way of trying to cover up his real intentions. 

For these people celebrity transcends common sense. 

1 minute ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I think most reasonable people do see it Jan. How anyone can look at that clip posted in the other thread of him sitting there looking like a burn victim, his hands all over that kid and giggling about how sharing your bed with someone is the greatest expression of love ever... without wanting to throw up, is beyond me. It was stomach churning then and is even more so now. It goes way beyond "inappropriate" and straight into frightening.

No amount of noisy bluster from his crazy groomed fans (a dumber bunch on Twitter I've yet to come across) will silence the truth.

2 minutes ago, Kim said:

I think most reasonable people do see it Jan. How anyone can look at that clip posted in the other thread of him sitting there looking like a burn victim, his hands all over that kid and giggling about how sharing your bed with someone is the greatest expression of love ever... without wanting to throw up, is beyond me. It was stomach churning then and is even more so now. It goes way beyond "inappropriate" and straight into frightening.

No amount of noisy bluster from his crazy groomed fans (a dumber bunch on Twitter I've yet to come across) will silence the truth.

That is what my brother said when we watched a special report on Australian tv Sunday night on MJ - when they played that exact clip.  He said those exact words - that he felt like throwing up.   It is so obvious.  

The Twitter fans are just crazy.  Oprah ( whether people like or hate her )  is a good host and speaks well .  She is good at what she does.  They are making out that she has secret pacts with white sexual abusers to destroy MJ and is too stupid to not do research into liars.  Yet, Oprah has gone out of her way time and time again to tell that she was a sexual abuse survivor.  Sia is really copping it to.  I found this comical -  MJ fans saying Sia is dumb and crazy because she is an eccentric personality and would not be smart enough to do research -  and look who they are defending ! 

Michael Jackson stans (and I am a fan of his music) are psychotic. They spent several years shaming Jackson's victims. I am glad this is all coming to light. I can only  hope Jordy Chandler and Gavin Arvizo come out of the woodwork. It's a huge moment. 

What would Oprah gain from trying to "destroy" MJ? His reputation has been destroyed for YEARS now :rotfl: of course he has his loyal idiot followers, but most people accept that he was fucking disgusting. 

32 minutes ago, Barbie said:

What would Oprah gain from trying to "destroy" MJ? His reputation has been destroyed for YEARS now :rotfl: of course he has his loyal idiot followers, but most people accept that he was fucking disgusting. 

:lol:  I know ! 

It is my fault for reading their responses on twitter but they are so batshit crazy that they are ALMOST comical.  I say almost because what he did is definitely not comical but their responses - my goodness.  Apparently to many of them - Oprah was not famous until she interviewed Michael so she owes her career to him. 

Wacko fans are the original little monsters

Oh-my-fucking-God, they make Lady Gaga herself seem normal in comparison. 

3 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Exactly! Having no childhood doesn't mean to grant you the rights to destroy other people's children.

47 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

Oh-my-fucking-God, they make Lady Gaga herself seem normal in comparison. 

The reductive version of paedophile MJ :rotfl:

2 hours ago, horn said:

The reductive version of paedophile MJ :rotfl:

8-21-12_Meet_and_greet_003.jpg8-21-12_Meet_and_greet_005.jpg

Love that Guardian review. It sums up my opinion: the docu is so well crafted, only focused on the victim's journey.

Anybody defending Jackson has clearly not seen the film. 

4 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Anybody defending Jackson has clearly not seen the film. 

I think so too. Those people protesting on the street, I guess none of them has seen it. 

Fuck Janet. She was such a cunt in the 1990s. 

50 minutes ago, Magician said:

And in the noughties. And always. 

2 hours ago, Magician said:

She’s the Queen of Holier Than Thou...

2 hours ago, Magician said:

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

And in the noughties. And always. 

5 minutes ago, Lolo said:

She’s the Queen of Holier Than Thou...

We should all refer to her again as her classic Madonnanation name as - 

La Toya's sister !  

9 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

La Toya's sister !  

(NOT Rebbie)

Toy was gracious enough to record a song about her:

1 minute ago, Je5u5 said:

(NOT Rebbie)

:lol: 

i watched it and it was disturbing and that fucking shrine he had built to himself jeez he was good but not a holy saint ! 

janets just as fucked up as michael was except she hasnt abused young children 

Toy is equally a CUNT with capital letters. I know she's an ironic MNation-icon....
But she basically shut her mouth 4 money. That story about her manager-husband keeping her passport from her :rotfl:
Tito quick, come get me... :dead:

The Jacksons are a bunch of well documented fuck faced liars, who would do anything 4 a buck.

(not Rebbie)