New album thread - continued here. WE NEED TO WAKE UP to MAGIC.

1 hour ago, veroelectronica said:

I just unfollowed her. Its annoying. I dont  wanna know your kids doing. Ill stop following her  for a while. No news  about her actual album and new  project. But tons of her kids posting. 

Shes not going to post anything about her new music until its ready and until she is ready ..we wont be getting anything till late april if that and yes it sucks  - it might all be part of a strategy to avoid leaks 

4 hours ago, caba1 said:

I'll make my bet:

26th April: #soon

3rd May: #soon

10th May: #soon

17th May: #soon

18th May (next day) : #soon

between 18 and 24 May: #soon

7th June: #beachpicfrommartinius

Sometime september: #movienews

15 hours ago, le smoking said:

This is fab!! Thank you for sharing, how lucky of you to be friends with a legend!!!

I own a gay guesthouse south France he’s been a guest for 10 years now and we became friends. He invited us in Florida for New Year’s Eve in 2018. He love the guy he has so many anecdotes on other artists (he told me one the real story behind Georges’s Michael Too Funk video) he also calls Beyoncé THE bich lol. He also told he’s not a big fan of M since he invited her at on of his show back in the days and she derived with entire team and friends, they’ll were all very drunk and apparently did a mess lol. Funny because a few weeks ago Debi Mazar shared a pic with M and other friends, she quoted she thinks it was at à Mugler’s show and it’s true they looked very high! I can stay all night up listening to his story...

sorry I know it’s off topic 😬

2 hours ago, caba1 said:

how can someone expect to this album to sell better than rebel heart or have singles doing good at the charts. It's not realistic. The physical sales are lower, her popularity hasn't got any better and her streaming it's not good either. There's no reason to expect this era to be good seller. I hope i get proved wrong but i don't see it. I read people here saying that it will sell 2 million. how?

Man Of The Woods sold +700.000 in US. +400.000 are pure sales and it sold 1.100.000 ww in one year. His 3 singles charted and 2 of them were top ten in US and UK. All that in 2018, not in 2015. I wish the new era could have numbers like that in 2019. So.. yeah. it kinda is a model. Sorry if you dislike him and again, i was talking about promotion strategy. Not what you think about him or his music.

Justin is like 35 years old, Madonna's age during Bedtime Stories. He should be selling LOTS more. 

About Madonna, she will sell more because RH wasn't a properly marketed.

48 minutes ago, Sylphide said:

I own a gay guesthouse south France he’s been a guest for 10 years now and we became friends. He invited us in Florida for New Year’s Eve in 2018. He love the guy he has so many anecdotes on other artists (he told me one the real story behind Georges’s Michael Too Funk video) he also calls Beyoncé THE bich lol. He also told he’s not a big fan of M since he invited her at on of his show back in the days and she derived with entire team and friends, they’ll were all very drunk and apparently did a mess lol. Funny because a few weeks ago Debi Mazar shared a pic with M and other friends, she quoted she thinks it was at à Mugler’s show and it’s true they looked very high! I can stay all night up listening to his story...

You could share some of those stories in another thread! They seem very interesting! 

59 minutes ago, Sylphide said:

I wanna come visit!

1 hour ago, Sylphide said:

Please share the George Michael stories. I’d also love to hear the Beyoncé gossip as well. 

3 hours ago, caba1 said:

to focus on a single is a waste of time, energy and money. Releasing several songs or two songs at the same time (like a lot of artist are doing now) keeps the interest in the album. You won't get a high peak with any song but you can make sure that everyone knows that there is an album coming and it gets pre-orders and streams. When rebel heart came, literally nobody knew about it.

The classic 1 lead single and then 3 months of wait doesn't work anymore. If the single flops, then the album campaign is ruined.

I think Taylor Swift and Sia did something like that too. They released like 4 or 5 songs before the lp

I think the BBC had an article about how artists are waterfalling songs like Drake and Ariana Grande because radio stations are finding it hard to keep up what to play.

You want people to stream the album so having multiple tracks out there does make sense.

However, M needs those physical sales as much of her audience (including me) don't stream on a regular basis.

19 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

I think the BBC had an article about how artists are waterfalling songs like Drake and Ariana Grande because radio stations are finding it hard to keep up what to play.

You want people to stream the album so having multiple tracks out there does make sense.

However, M needs those physical sales as much of her audience (including me) don't stream on a regular basis.

look what happened to Barbara Streisand

11 hours ago, caba1 said:

or she can do what Justin Timberlake did last year. He released one video every week before the album drop and the halftime show. She knows her singles doesn't chart that well so she prefers to promote the full album instead.

remember that someone said something about two singles at the same time.

He did:

1-Filthy

2-Supplies

3-Say Something

4-Man Of The Woods

5-Album release

Notice that every song goes to a different market.

That all felt so sloppy and I don't think it helped him or his album at all. The impression at that time was that they were "rush releasing" songs because nothing was catching on. So, I suppose that method can bring good buzz.....but for "veteran" (and JT is pretty veteran too in comparison to some others) acts, I think it can give a stench of "flop" which is bad buzz before the album even drops. NO!

I don't care if it's old school, I don't like the idea of "buzz singles" and releasing half the album before it's released just in the hopes one of the songs will stick. I'm ok with two singles being released. If we hear half the album before it's released though, that's so anticlimactic. I know it's a completely different situation but it really sucked when the official RH release date came around and really, by that point, I was only buying it to complete my collection. We'd been listening to the final versions of the songs for about a month at that point. 

Just now, FreeMySoul said:

Grace Jones confirmed headliner for pride island 

Just great, next thing you know she won't be doing Eurovision, or the pride, and direct a movie instead of releasing this record.

26 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

Grace Jones confirmed headliner for pride island 

For Saturday, the Sunday headliner is yet to be announced! Sunday is the big closing event! I'd have thought she'd do the sunday anyway! I have tickets for the saturday Pride Island festival though...

Omg they announced Grace MOTHERFUCKIN Jones for Saturday Pride!!!

”Sunday headliner will be announced at a later date” 

they are clearly waiting for Madonna to be ready to unleash her single before announcing! 

2 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Omg they announced Grace MOTHERFUCKIN Jones for Saturday Pride!!!

”Sunday headliner will be announced at a later date” 

they are clearly waiting for Madonna to be ready to unleash her single before announcing! 

Was Madonna supposed to be the headliner for Saturday pride according to your source?

22 minutes ago, peppermint said:

Was Madonna supposed to be the headliner for Saturday pride according to your source?

No way. Sunday is the main headliner! She was always supposed to be the Sunday headliner. She will be the performer and I will die that weekend...(dontknow if you all know but my love for Grace is up there with Madonna’s always has been always will be) so I’m in heaven! 

Also here’s hoping Grace finally drops that album!! I can’t even imagine the excitement of a Grace and Madonna record releases in the same month with both performing in the same weekend!!! 

23 minutes ago, Mensch said:

No way. Sunday is the main headliner! She was always supposed to be the Sunday headliner. She will be the performer and I will die that weekend...(dontknow if you all know but my love for Grace is up there with Madonna’s always has been always will be) so I’m in heaven! 

Also here’s hoping Grace finally drops that album!! I can’t even imagine the excitement of a Grace and Madonna record releases in the same month with both performing in the same weekend!!! 

Cool beans! thanks for confirming, Grace is indeed fantastic!!

2 minutes ago, peppermint said:

Cool beans! thanks for confirming, Grace is indeed fantastic!!

Also, considering it took Pride Island to announce most of the lineup 2 weeks after their original March 1rst "supposed" announcement, I'm going to guess it all unravels in two weeks time! I mean they're only announcing one more artist for Saturday and the main Sunday headliner so I'm guessing it could be in the next week but they would want to hold off and push till later...

honestly, I feel like it's all M's doing and she wants it to align with her music release announcement ...

11 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Also, considering it took Pride Island to announce most of the lineup 2 weeks after their original March 1rst "supposed" announcement, I'm going to guess it all unravels in two weeks time! I mean they're only announcing one more artist for Saturday and the main Sunday headliner so I'm guessing it could be in the next week but they would want to hold off and push till later...

honestly, I feel like it's all M's doing and she wants it to align with her music release announcement ...

Suddenly we will have like 300 announcements in one week lol

I just saw this...take it with a big grain of salt obviously but even it's all lies at least it's still..something

The new Madonna mv will be filmed in India, a friend of mine was chosen to participate and he shared the tea. Her team made some castings in Lisbon 

It,s true, my friend would never randomly make up a story like this :deadbanana:

Filming will be from 21 to 26 of this month, several people I know from Lisbon were accepted in the casting, apparently they were going for queer people who can serve a pose and have an alternative club kid techno style. My friend actually sent me videos of the casting but I don't want to share because I don't even know if he was supposed to spill this tea. His boyfriend also went to the casting and he STANS Madonna and was not accepted while my friend who doesn't even listen to her was

https://atrl.net/forums/topic/23-madonna/?page=782

15 minutes ago, Andra said:

I just saw this...take it with a big grain of salt obviously but even it's all lies at least it's still..something

https://atrl.net/forums/topic/23-madonna/?page=782

I guess we are approaching more and more towards that rumour of a double single release! 2 music videos within a month! she's never done that!!

23 minutes ago, peppermint said:

I guess we are approaching more and more towards that rumour of a double single release! 2 music videos within a month! she's never done that!!

2? There are rumors of a bunch of videos:

LA theater video after the Oscars

LA video with Maluma

This week's Comporta video

January's Morocco video

India's video at the end of the month

And that's not counting the Lisbon blood moon video that it seems to be for something else!