New album thread - continued here. WE NEED TO WAKE UP to MAGIC.

9 minutes ago, AlvaroLiam said:

She's been talking about a "new method", and I suppose that it's related to a way of showcase her new music.

The meltdowns here will be huge if she decides to skip a physical release for this album and goes just the digital route first (and tbh I will love it, tho 🀩).

I've been wondering what's going on in her camp this silent week, but I'm glad to see her accompanied by a CANADA director. These people are amazing. πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Do you guys know if any current popular artists still release physical copies?Β 

I collect music, but can't imagine most people paying for physical copies when streaming is so easily available.

3 minutes ago, Nick said:

I collect music, but can't imagine most people paying for physical copies when streaming is so easily available.

Well when making those decisions one would hope they disregard what current popular artists are doing. A collectible and veteran artist like Madonna certainly SHOULD be targeting that portion of her fanbase that embraces physical media. Most artists with an older demographic are doing just that with their latest releases. Putting out collectable 12", limited formats, even dumb cassettes and getting pretty good sales from it. Of course she also needs to capture the streaming market somehow, but disregarding physical is the worst thing they could do.

All artist still release physical copies, and she should do it since RH was first week was 90% physical if I remember correctly, but her main market still buys that format.

No one buys digital anymore and she’s not a streaming force to release this only on Spotify/Apple/Tidal.

What a few ones have done is to release streaming/digital the first week and the next one physical but she needs as much as many copies to chart #1.

Β 

Β 

Madonna knows it since celebration. With all those different covers. It appeals to us to buy all the copies possible. For example i bought the 3 rebel hearts one. The digital one. The vinyl also. If it’s offert on the market why not. I don’t see downside to thisΒ 

Β 

I can't with this thread anymore...Β you think that Madonna won't release physical copies of her new album ?!Β :lmao:

She re-releases 2 records every year for RSD and released at least 4 physical versions of Rebel Heart.

Most fans will buy at least 2 different physical copies of the album.

There will likely be a standard CD, a deluxe CD, Vinyl and Cassette (yes these are back in fashion but I don't know why)

Madonna knows how to make money from her fans.Β :chuckle:

Just because teenagers are happy with streaming some of us prefer better quality recordings.

And yes most popular and independent artists still release CDs and Vinyl, some very Indie ones will release Vinyl and/or Cassette because that's what is "hip" these days.

Nobody buys downloads anymore and Streaming is great for listening to new releases but has many flaws for both artists (less Β money)Β and consumers (lesser audio quality).

55 minutes ago, Nick said:

The market for Vinyls is growing again, almost everyone are making their releases on that format.

Vinyls are everywhere. Even TARGET has freaking Vinyls now.

If you look at the biggest selling albums right now like The Greatest Showman and A StarΒ Is Born, they are being pushed physically heavily. Physical still sells, especially if you are a legacy act like Madonna.

Look at how well Kylie sold in the UK by releasing so many formats.

A Madonna album with just streaming and digital the first week would be her biggest bomb to date. Digital sales are non existent now. It is not 2010-2014.

Madonna vinyl sales have been increasing with her colored reissues, especially in the UK. She'll probably do something along those lines for the new album (I certainly hope so).

On 3/9/2019 at 6:24 PM, YannBouch said:

Remember Music (the song) arrived at the end of the process and the rest is history. When you got a good idea, you got to at least explore it even if it doesn't lead somewhere at the end.Β 

I believe Madonna said that the first song she did with Mirwais in 1999 when they started the work on MUSIC was "Paradise (Not for Me)" and the second cut they did together was "Music." Maybe you are thinking of "Don't Tell Me"?

4 hours ago, rebelheart said:

Someone on the Mtribe forum said he's heard the album cover/artwork is very weird & strange looking, he heard it is similar to Katy's Witness album artwork & that the below look relates to the album artwork.Β Β If his info is accurate, it lines with Mensch's info.Β 

Β 

howd it sound? good? bad?

actually it's quite obvious that the new single will drop on 18.5. after the Eurovision performance on Itunes.

8 minutes ago, stancherry said:

actually it's quite obvious that the new single will drop on 18.5. after the Eurovision performance on Itunes.

Yes! I think exactly the same. We have to wait two more months. And then comes the hurricane.

13 minutes ago, stancherry said:

I agree I've had thisΒ theory for months I think everything is under wraps until May/Eurovision.

+ prerelease of the album on Itunes during the Eurovision contest, probably the release date is at the end of June

2 hours ago, stancherry said:

nope she wont premier a single at eurovision ..she will be wanting to promote the actual album ...album release following eurovision and tour tickets ...single possibly a week before eurovisionΒ 

10 hours ago, AlvaroLiam said:

She's been talking about a "new method", and I suppose that it's related to a way of showcase her new music.

The meltdowns here will be huge if she decides to skip a physical release for this album and goes just the digital route first (and tbh I will love it, tho 🀩).

I've been wondering what's going on in her camp this silent week, but I'm glad to see her accompanied by a CANADA director. These people are amazing. πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Why would she skip a physical release when so many of her fans buy multiple copies, that is just really bad business. It should be the opposite, 3 versions of a CD, a vinyl and possibly cassette. I will buy them all multiple times. So many of her fans are collectors.

I’ll be streaming this time round as I did for rebel heart but...

I’mΒ getting one physical copy ofΒ each formatΒ she puts out. Including CD, vinyl,Β cassette,Β 8-track tape ...whatever...Β 

#takemymoney

1 minute ago, spotlight said:

I’ll be streaming this time round as I did for rebel heart but...

I’mΒ getting one physical copy ofΒ each formatΒ she puts out. Including CD, vinyl,Β cassette,Β 8-track whatever...Β 

That’s fair. I’ll be doing the same.Β 

10 hours ago, humanracin said:

Β 

I can't with this thread anymore...Β you think that Madonna won't release physical copies of her new album ?!Β :lmao:

She re-releases 2 records every year for RSD and released at least 4 physical versions of Rebel Heart.

Most fans will buy at least 2 different physical copies of the album.

There will likely be a standard CD, a deluxe CD, Vinyl and Cassette (yes these are back in fashion but I don't know why)

Madonna knows how to make money from her fans.Β :chuckle:

Just because teenagers are happy with streaming some of us prefer better quality recordings.

And yes most popular and independent artists still release CDs and Vinyl, some very Indie ones will release Vinyl and/or Cassette because that's what is "hip" these days.

Nobody buys downloads anymore and Streaming is great for listening to new releases but has many flaws for both artists (less Β money)Β and consumers (lesser audio quality).

Exactly. If Madonna stopped releasing physical product, she will "sell" perhaps 6,000 downloads and receive around 10,000 equivilant streams. If anything, she should be releasing MORE physical product, even acts like Ariana are releasing merch and other bundles of physical material in order to gain digitial sales. This is what M should do.

i can’t imagine anything will be realised during or directly after Eurovision. Live versions of songs are never the best adverts for them. I imagine we’ll get a single the week or two before or even theΒ day before.Β 

2 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

Why would she skip a physical release when so many of her fans buy multiple copies, that is just really bad business. It should be the opposite, 3 versions of a CD, a vinyl and possibly cassette. I will buy them all multiple times. So many of her fans are collectors.

David Bowie's state is still releasing new music only on digital platforms, so I thought that a digital release for a few days could be in the same line as that. That's what I understood for the "new method" comments. πŸ€”

13 hours ago, humanracin said:

I kinda agree with everything you said except with the last part: Spotify, for example, offers an option to listen to the very best audio quality, but you need to activate it first in "Settings". It just came with the regular quality for default.Β 

That's what I want from M: good quaility on the go and the chance to get more content like David Bowie's state does. Commentaries on songs, podcasts, some demos and B-sides, single and radio edits, alternate vertical videos, lyrics videos, a gallery of pictures... ugh, managed correctly, streaming apps could be a great place for her fans to get more content that it's difficult to get on other platforms.

* sighs*

1 hour ago, AlvarΓΈ said:

That's what I want from M: good quaility on the go and the chance to get more content like David Bowie's state does. Commentaries on songs, podcasts, some demos and B-sides, single and radio edits, alternate vertical videos, lyrics videos, a gallery of pictures... ugh, managed correctly, streaming apps could be a great place for her fans to get more content that it's difficult to get on other platforms.

* sighs*

YES YES YES YES TO THIS!!!!!!!

Β 

She needs an Spotify deal, like Drake, like many artists out there who are always on top of the streaming platforms. This is the real deal today! You have to fight to gain more listeners/viewers.

Also it's her legacy, for Christ sake. Hopefully, she's surrounded by people who are more digital (i.e. look at their Twitter activity doing TBT, the #MadonnaHistory, the YouTube channel being active uploading new videos with correct hashtags, etc)

2 hours ago, AlvarΓΈ said:

* sighs*

Madonna's "team" has neglected this aspect of her legacy and it's already unbearable. No wonder a lot of unrealeased stuff has been leaking. If only "they" were smarter enough, we wouldn't have to be downloading all the demos and alternate takes illegally. Let's think about all the missed opportunities throughout the years: The First Album 30th anniversary, Like a Virgin 30th anniversary, True Blue 30th anniversary, and the latest one Like a Prayer 30th anniversary. It's a real shame. It's hilarious how "they" believe selling useless candles and pillows on her official online store will keep fans (the only ones buying this shit) happy.

14 hours ago, iasonas said:

Vinyls are everywhere. Even TARGET has freaking Vinyls now.

If you look at the biggest selling albums right now like The Greatest Showman and A StarΒ Is Born, they are being pushed physically heavily. Physical still sells, especially if you are a legacy act like Madonna.

Look at how well Kylie sold in the UK by releasing so many formats.

A Madonna album with just streaming and digital the first week would be her biggest bomb to date. Digital sales are non existent now. It is not 2010-2014.

Yes, golden showers outsold rebel heart in the UK and was available as picture disc, vinyl album, cassette etc which have her a no 1!

8 hours ago, stancherry said:

It should drop the day before to maximise sales as we'll be all over it and it will build hype for the performance and may mean more people tune in like with Superbowl.

And Slob's Oscar performance counted towards the charts so hopefully M's Eurovision appearance will somehow too.