M14. Music video being shot.

1 minute ago, Mensch said:

Ok well I know you want a complete description with a short audio clip but the guy can’t go into detail with any of it and it’s even surprising he posted what he did when he did...

I don't want any audio clip, I just think that of all the adjectives you can use for a Madonna fan to describe a new single, "great" sounds a bit meh
you can say "amazing" or "unbelievable" or whatever and still not give anything away

1 minute ago, Mensch said:

Ok well I know you want a complete description with a short audio clip but the guy can’t go into detail with any of it and it’s even surprising he posted what he did when he did...

This and it’s hard on first listen, especially when you’re working.

20 minutes ago, Dany Targaryen said:

Interesting, but also a little worrying.

This strategy hasn't worked for her in a LONG time.

shes 60 so lets not expect a ariana grande smash hit lol ...if ghosttown wasnt a hit then i dont know anymore ..i just am excited for her 

Image if she performs as promo in all major gaypride in june - july ....oh well maybe I m working the #outofthebox thing too much😅

31 minutes ago, Dany Targaryen said:

She has  nothing to loose aka she s more free to not  give  fucks than ever

11 minutes ago, trickyricky said:

shes 60 so lets not expect a ariana grande smash hit lol ...if ghosttown wasnt a hit then i dont know anymore ..i just am excited for her 

Just now, idro said:

Absolutely. I'm just hoping for quality for myself. I don't really care what other people think.

Just now, Dany Targaryen said:

Absolutely. I'm just hoping for quality for myself. I don't really care what other people think.

Our  girl is coming , we re so fkng lucky to experience Her work and the world s context she & we are living in........it s a celebration

9 hours ago, Mensch said:

I’ll get him drunk and get all the details! Lmfao 

Lol

record the conversation on your phone and post it here 😉😉😉

(just kidding) 

thx for being the best poster here. Btw 

2 hours ago, Nikki said:

I don't know if this is real, it's from a guy from madonnainfinity forums. 

The video is more political and provocative than the track itself. Don't worry you wanna dance and you'll be wigless. She's back. 

This is exactly what I need in my life from M right now. 

i really hope this is truthful, 

thx for posting it Nikki.

29 minutes ago, idro said:

Even during her peak years she had no fucks to give. She’s always done her own thing. 

1 hour ago, Dany Targaryen said:

When was the last time she tried this strategy though? I don't think she's released a bona fide controversial video in over a decade, possibly since American Life.

9 minutes ago, spotlight said:

Even during her peak years she had no fucks to give. She’s always done her own thing. 

That s right 

5 minutes ago, Foolio said:

When was the last time she tried this strategy though? I don't think she's released a bona fide controversial video in over a decade, possibly since American Life.

Yeah, and that one didn't come out.

I think the last time it worked in her favor was the Music video, and still the controversy there was a little mild....compared to other things she did previously.

Whatever it is I hope it works. Imagine if it is LGBT related. She'd get the support of the whole community.

*fingers crossed*

15 minutes ago, Dany Targaryen said:

Yeah, and that one didn't come out.

I think the last time it worked in her favor was the Music video, and still the controversy there was a little mild....compared to other things she did previously.

Whatever it is I hope it works. Imagine if it is LGBT related. She'd get the support of the whole community.

*fingers crossed*

But the only reason it hasn't worked in her favour is that she hasn't done it. The Music video wasn't really controversial. The AL video didn't even come out (as you pointed out) and the song didn't just flop because of the video anyway but because it was generally considered to be a sub-par single. 

The only video remotely resembling controversial since then is Girl Gone Wild, and it wasn't actually controversial at all. I would argue that when she's actually released a truly controversial video (Like a Prayer, Erotica), it more or less has worked in her favour. It's just been an eternity since she last did that.

I'm really happy if we're about to witness the comeback of political M videos. She needs a Youtube hit and if done well, this is the way to get it, just ask Childish Gambino.

Edited by Foolio

1 hour ago, cocolattee said:

I don't want any audio clip, I just think that of all the adjectives you can use for a Madonna fan to describe a new single, "great" sounds a bit meh
you can say "amazing" or "unbelievable" or whatever and still not give anything away

Well I wouldn’t say 4Min, Girl Gone Wild, TUTR, GMAYL, BIM noR L4L were “amazing” ...I would’ve used great for sure though. 

17 minutes ago, Foolio said:

But the only reason it hasn't worked in her favour is that she hasn't done it. The Music video wasn't really controversial. The AL video didn't even come out (as you pointed out) and the song didn't just flop because of the video anyway but because it was generally considered to be a sub-par single. 

The only video remotely resembling controversial since then is Girl Gone Wild, and it wasn't actually controversial at all. I would argue that when she's actually released a truly controversial video (Like a Prayer, Erotica), it more or less has worked in her favour. It's just been an eternity since she last did that.

I'm really happy if we're about to witness the comeback of political M videos. She needs a Youtube hit and if done well, this is the way to get it, just ask Childish Gambino.

You're absolutely right

She hasn't explored this approach very much recently. Of course, it has to be done very carefully and correctly. It's not an easy thing to do.

Just now, Orangema said:

Living For Love could be a ICONIC video but the effects on her face and the rest was pretty ugly...

LFL and GT were budget videos. She is supposed to be the queen, yet she is so tight with what matters: her videos were epic up until Music and she was known for them.

23 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Well I wouldn’t say 4Min, Girl Gone Wild, TUTR, GMAYL, BIM noR L4L were “amazing” ...I would’ve used great for sure though. 

I certainly hope the new single is way better than those you mentioned 🙂

21 minutes ago, Mensch said:

True and that's the problem. We're hoping for something that is better than "great" aka 4Min, Girl Gone Wild, TUTR, GMAYL, BIM, L4L.  How about "so fucking good omg" like HU or Frozen.

16 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

I certainly hope the new single is way better than those you mentioned 🙂

10 minutes ago, Andra said:

True and that's the problem. We're hoping for something that is better than "great" aka 4Min, Girl Gone Wild, TUTR, GMAYL, BIM, L4L.  How about "so fucking good omg" like HU or Frozen.

Listen,  I agree! However I almost don’t feel like it’s going to be “amazing” from the caliber that we are used to M being “amazing” ...my guess is that will be on album tracks or further singles...

Whoever said the last great was Music ...umm what about Hung Up and 4Min and even GGW (even though it was one dimensional) ...we’re talking about music not the video. 

4 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Listen,  I agree! However I almost don’t feel like it’s going to be “amazing” from the caliber that we are used to M being “amazing” ...my guess is that will be on album tracks or further singles...

Whoever said the last great was Music ...umm what about Hung Up and 4Min and even GGW (even though it was one dimensional) ...we’re talking about music not the video. 

Guess I should lower my expectations then....damn I really wanted an earth shattering lead single. Her last one was obviously HU. Whoever says Music is lying.

6 minutes ago, Andra said:

Guess I should lower my expectations then....damn I really wanted an earth shattering lead single. Her last one was obviously HU. Whoever says Music is lying.

I haven’t heard anything so don’t count this as something I got from one of my “sources”...this is totally from my own opinion. And I’m not hating as you all know 

2 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

This and it’s hard on first listen, especially when you’re working.

Who said the song was hard on first listen?