2020 U.S. Election

Camacho

On 7/1/2019 at 5:41 PM, CzarnaWisnia said:

Thanks. I don't have a horse in this race though, not an American. But from what I can see, she's a realist, and I'm not a conspirationist. I might be naive, but the impression I get is very positive from her. I don't view the Russian intervention as that important (I think intervention in US elections and politics from big money on US soil and interest groups is a far greater threat than any foreign bots on twitter or other type of intervention: media has become crazy with that idea, it's absurd). She's amended her views on gay marriage and said great things about gay people (I don't fault people for changing their views, only fools don't). I don't think she tried to make nice with Trump, she just said he failed to consider the American people first and blamed his administration for fostering a future conflict with Iran, which would be horrible (and she's the only anti-war DNC candidate so far that I can see). As for her voting record in congress, I don't know, but I bet she wouldn't have voted for the war like Clinton or Biden did. But I'll look into these things, thanks for pointing them out. I think Warren would be nice (much better than Biden or Harris), but I don't really like her personally, and I don't think she has crossover appeal. I feel Gabbard would get dozens of thousands of voters wo didn't vote in 2016 to actually go out and vote, and even some soft Republicans would shift and vote for her. I really think she would beat Trump. I feel like centrism is dead in media and US politics, it's all about extremes, and how much hate you can show for the opposing side. But my perception is that most people, ordinary voters, are centrists. There needs to be more understanding.

IS THAT YOU tulsi?? lol

On 7/26/2019 at 9:58 AM, Jazzy Jan said:

Still find it amazing that so many debates are on "medicare for all"  etc.   So strange to think that the biggest Western country in the world does not have complete universal healthcare.  Has been in other Western countries for decades now and is accepted completely and part of life.  Even the super wealthy are fine with it and all seem to agree it is a human right.  I have watched a lot of interviews on tv shows with Democrats recently and this is such a major issue.  What is there to be afraid of ?  The alternative is worse - people without money and insurance not getting crucial care  It truly boggles my mind.  We had a private health insurance spokesman  in Australia recently speaking out about wanting an American style health care system and people were horrified.  

I was in the USA two weeks ago. Even though it is a very interesting country, it is very capitalist-driven and people have a dog-eat-dog mentality when it comes to people’s benefits. As they feel they they have worked hard all their lives, public benefit should be commensurate only to people who worked hard enough hence the selfish attitude. 

Guest eroticerotic

What a disgrace the Democratic Party has  become. Yuck.

Tulsi Gabbard is their ONLY hope. If she doesn’t become the Democratic ticket it will surely be trump2020.

On 31 July 2019 at 1:42 PM, xtaticboy82 said:

I was in the USA two weeks ago. Even though it is a very interesting country, it is very capitalist-driven and people have a dog-eat-dog mentality when it comes to people’s benefits. As they feel they they have worked hard all their lives, public benefit should be commensurate only to people who worked hard enough hence the selfish attitude. 

Very interesting and sad to read that. Just so odd to other Western countries to see how so much of America rejects universal health care as health and education are things considered  a basic right for everyone elsewhere and a crucial part of life. 

7 hours ago, eroticerotic said:

What a disgrace the Democratic Party has  become. Yuck.

Tulsi Gabbard is their ONLY hope. If she doesn’t become the Democratic ticket it will surely be trump2020.

You should really educate yourself on Tulsi

I saw a bit of discussion about her online. I don't see how you can trust someone who goes from such extreme views (conversion therapy etc, and with family who still hold those views) to suddenly changing their opinion in line with their career progression in politics (much like Crooked Hillary in fact) It just reads as disingenuous.

Obviously, the pendulum will swing back at some point but barring something major happening between now and 11/2020, I just don't think it's the Dems time sadly. 😞 None of the candidates blow me away.....they're all pretty weak IMO. Nothing fresh, lots of in fighting....stale. 

Guest eroticerotic
3 hours ago, FreeMySoul said:

You should really educate yourself on Tulsi

I have! On all of them. I haven’t read up on a perfect politician. Let’s not get into Hilary and she won the popular vote. 😂

Everyone has a past if they live and learn.

what im saying is to me she seems like the type when given the opp she will create good change. Right now they all just want to win.

overall I don’t relate with the democrats of today. They need a reform. But she seems most level headed. 

3 minutes ago, eroticerotic said:

Let’s not get into Hilary and she won the popular vote. 😂

Hillary is like the Madonna of politics to me, she gets so much unfair shit thrown at her just for merely existing basically and everything she says gets twisted into something completely different. Remember when she coughed and all of a sudden she was dying and unfit to be president?? Everything is so exaggerated with her. She's done NOTHING that many other MALE politicians before her haven't done. Sadly, the big detriment to HIllary was also her biggest asset....her knowledge and experience. There has never been a more qualified candidate and I'll say that til the bitter end!

To be clear, Tulsi didn’t just go to Syria and push diplomacy, as she likes to say. She toured Aleppo just after Assad had perpetrated war crimes there and she declared it a victory for peace. She helped Assad whitewash a mass atrocity.

6 hours ago, eroticerotic said:

Let’s not get into Hilary and she won the popular vote. 😂

Yeah but just think of how many lives would have been lost (so far) had the war-mongering disgrace of a woman taken your country into war again (as she was determined to do). Silver linings and all that.

Tulsi Gabbard: In 2015, she was one of just 47 Democrats who backed a GOP-sponsored measure that would essentially block Syrian and Iraqi refugees from resettling in the US. She met with Assad, promotes his talking points & still refuses to call him a war criminal.

Guest CzarnaWisnia
2 hours ago, FreeMySoul said:

still refuses to call him a war criminal.

Yeah, she only calls him a "brutal dictator", which is much worse than a war criminal.

As for meeting with sketchy people: Harris herself met with Netanyahu in november 2017, just one day after he announced his plan to expel (or imprison) 40,000 African asylum seekers from the country. She didn't seem too bothered by it. I guess she was trying to smooth things over.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dxb53j0XgAASgcq.jpg

Guest CzarnaWisnia
4 hours ago, Kim said:

Yeah but just think of how many lives would have been lost (so far) had the war-mongering disgrace of a woman taken your country into war again (as she was determined to do). Silver linings and all that.

War is peace. Having a heart in the right place means murdering faceless foreigners (by remote control, if possible). Check's in the mail. What's not to like? The new iPhone's coming out, hear is gr8.

Guest eroticerotic
On 8/1/2019 at 6:00 PM, Kim said:

for sure! I was trying to illustrate to Free My Soul, who doesn't think me thinking Tulsi Gubbard is the best Dem ticket, is correct, lol, that no politician is spotless and that with that said, we have to look outside the box, for other traits. 

Not saying I would vote for her. Saying she's the Dem's best shot at winning over/competing with Trump.

When Tulsi Gabbard was advocating for gay people to be converted bc they’re “homosexual extremists,” Kamala Harris was marrying LGBT people in California chapels and fighting for their right to adopt a child. 

Remember that difference.

https://votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/129306/tulsi-gabbard#.XUQA_iUpDDt

Guest CzarnaWisnia
On 8/2/2019 at 5:21 AM, FreeMySoul said:

When Tulsi Gabbard was advocating for gay people to be converted bc they’re “homosexual extremists,” Kamala Harris was marrying LGBT people in California chapels and fighting for their right to adopt a child. 

Remember that difference.

https://votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/129306/tulsi-gabbard#.XUQA_iUpDDt

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (HI-02) joined a bipartisan coalition of 238 colleagues in introducing the Equality Act (H.R. 5). The legislation would extend civil rights protections to the LGBTQ community by prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity in education, employment, housing, credit, Federal jury service, public accommodations, and the use of Federal funds.

etc.

"Kamala Harris was no 'progressive prosecutor'" (Lara Bazelon, New York Times):

“Time after time, when progressives urged her to embrace criminal justice reforms as a district attorney and then the state’s attorney general, Ms. Harris opposed them or stayed silent. Most troubling, Ms. Harris fought tooth and nail to uphold wrongful convictions that had been secured through official misconduct that included evidence tampering, false testimony and the suppression of crucial information by prosecutors.” (https://www.democracynow.org/2019/7/2/kamala_harris_not_a_progressive_prosecutor)

The FBI Said Conspiracy Theories Like QAnon And Pizzagate Are Domestic Terrorism Threats

“Identity based, and fringe political conspiracy theories” are very likely to motivate some domestic terrorists to “commit criminal and sometimes violent activity,” the memo warns.

The FBI considers conspiracy theories that are born and spread online a dangerous breeding ground for domestic terrorists, according to recently revealed bulletin produced out of the agency’s Phoenix field office.

The May 30 memo, first obtained by Yahoo News, states that federal authorities believe “identity based, and fringe political conspiracy theories” are very likely to motivate some domestic terrorists to “commit criminal and sometimes violent activity,” since certain narratives “tacitly support or legitimize violent action.”

The bulletin specifically refers to QAnon, a baseless conspiracy theory that a shadow network is working against President Trump, and that an insider, “Q,” knows how it will be exposed. The FBI office also describes how QAnon theorists believe that Trump is leading an effort “to dismantle a conspiracy involving ‘deep state’ actors and global elites allegedly engaged in an international child sex trafficking ring.”

Trump supporters have embraced the conspiracy theory, wearing shirts and hats that feature the letter “Q” at his rallies.

Members of the QAnon community expressed their anger and disbelief on Twitter, exclaiming, “how can Q and POTUS let this happen?”

The 15-page bulletin is the “first FBI product examining the threat of conspiracy theory–driven domestic extremists” and lists instances in which suspects plotted or carried out “deadly violence” because of false, fringe theories that they had found online.

They include that a gunman who killed 11 people at the Tree of Life Synagogue shooting in Pittsburgh last October, for example, had reposted a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy theory cartoon on social media. In June 2018, a man from Nevada decked out with body armor, rifles, and ammunition was arrested and referenced QAnon.

On Tuesday, the Daily Beast reported that Twitter suspended an account that blasted conspiracy content, including QAnon material, after the president retweeted a theory that Democrats are the ones “interfering in our elections.”

The FBI document also cites Pizzagate, the bogus theory that Democratic operatives tied to Hillary Clinton were running a child sex-trafficking ring out of a pizza restaurant in Washington, DC. In 2016, a man from North Carolina showed up to the joint with an AR-15 rifle, shot through a door, and aimed it an employee thinking he was saving trafficked children.

“The FBI assesses these conspiracy theories very likely will emerge, spread, and evolve in the modern information marketplace, occasionally driving both groups and individual extremists to carry out criminal or violent acts,” the bulletin states. “These targets are then subjected to harassment campaigns and threats by supporters of the theory, and become vulnerable to violence or other dangerous acts.”

In its bulletin, the FBI’s Phoenix Division also points out that because some conspiracy theories are highly partisan, major political events like the 2020 presidential election cycle will probably produce more extremists.

Although the bulletin acknowledges that conspiracy theory–driven crime is not new, it emphasizes how “today’s information environment” and “crowd-sourcing” have changed the way the content more easily spreads and evolves.

“It is logical to assume that more extremist-minded individuals will be exposed to potentially harmful conspiracy theories, accept ones that are favorable to their views and possibly carry out criminal or violent actions as a result,” the document states.

When asked about the Phoenix Division’s bulletin, an FBI spokesperson told BuzzFeed News that it is the agency’s standard practice to “not comment on specific intelligence products.”

“The FBI routinely shares information with our law enforcement partners in order to assist in protecting the communities they serve,” the spokesperson said.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/briannasacks/fbi-memo-conspiracy-theories-domestic-terrorism

This could have it's own thread I suppose but it sort of ties into the upcoming election.......after all, the whack jobs embracing these conspiracies were certainly a huge contributor to the result of 2016. I've actually met people like this and it's truly mind boggling. Most are quite sensible in other aspects but somehow allow themselves to get wrapped up in conspiracy theory bullshit that can be made up by anybody, anywhere. 

On 8/3/2019 at 12:35 AM, Kurt420 said:

The FBI Said Conspiracy Theories Like QAnon And Pizzagate Are Domestic Terrorism Threats

“Identity based, and fringe political conspiracy theories” are very likely to motivate some domestic terrorists to “commit criminal and sometimes violent activity,” the memo warns.

The FBI considers conspiracy theories that are born and spread online a dangerous breeding ground for domestic terrorists, according to recently revealed bulletin produced out of the agency’s Phoenix field office.

The May 30 memo, first obtained by Yahoo News, states that federal authorities believe “identity based, and fringe political conspiracy theories” are very likely to motivate some domestic terrorists to “commit criminal and sometimes violent activity,” since certain narratives “tacitly support or legitimize violent action.”

The bulletin specifically refers to QAnon, a baseless conspiracy theory that a shadow network is working against President Trump, and that an insider, “Q,” knows how it will be exposed. The FBI office also describes how QAnon theorists believe that Trump is leading an effort “to dismantle a conspiracy involving ‘deep state’ actors and global elites allegedly engaged in an international child sex trafficking ring.”

Trump supporters have embraced the conspiracy theory, wearing shirts and hats that feature the letter “Q” at his rallies.

Members of the QAnon community expressed their anger and disbelief on Twitter, exclaiming, “how can Q and POTUS let this happen?”

The 15-page bulletin is the “first FBI product examining the threat of conspiracy theory–driven domestic extremists” and lists instances in which suspects plotted or carried out “deadly violence” because of false, fringe theories that they had found online.

They include that a gunman who killed 11 people at the Tree of Life Synagogue shooting in Pittsburgh last October, for example, had reposted a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy theory cartoon on social media. In June 2018, a man from Nevada decked out with body armor, rifles, and ammunition was arrested and referenced QAnon.

On Tuesday, the Daily Beast reported that Twitter suspended an account that blasted conspiracy content, including QAnon material, after the president retweeted a theory that Democrats are the ones “interfering in our elections.”

The FBI document also cites Pizzagate, the bogus theory that Democratic operatives tied to Hillary Clinton were running a child sex-trafficking ring out of a pizza restaurant in Washington, DC. In 2016, a man from North Carolina showed up to the joint with an AR-15 rifle, shot through a door, and aimed it an employee thinking he was saving trafficked children.

“The FBI assesses these conspiracy theories very likely will emerge, spread, and evolve in the modern information marketplace, occasionally driving both groups and individual extremists to carry out criminal or violent acts,” the bulletin states. “These targets are then subjected to harassment campaigns and threats by supporters of the theory, and become vulnerable to violence or other dangerous acts.”

In its bulletin, the FBI’s Phoenix Division also points out that because some conspiracy theories are highly partisan, major political events like the 2020 presidential election cycle will probably produce more extremists.

Although the bulletin acknowledges that conspiracy theory–driven crime is not new, it emphasizes how “today’s information environment” and “crowd-sourcing” have changed the way the content more easily spreads and evolves.

“It is logical to assume that more extremist-minded individuals will be exposed to potentially harmful conspiracy theories, accept ones that are favorable to their views and possibly carry out criminal or violent actions as a result,” the document states.

When asked about the Phoenix Division’s bulletin, an FBI spokesperson told BuzzFeed News that it is the agency’s standard practice to “not comment on specific intelligence products.”

“The FBI routinely shares information with our law enforcement partners in order to assist in protecting the communities they serve,” the spokesperson said.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/briannasacks/fbi-memo-conspiracy-theories-domestic-terrorism

This could have it's own thread I suppose but it sort of ties into the upcoming election.......after all, the whack jobs embracing these conspiracies were certainly a huge contributor to the result of 2016. I've actually met people like this and it's truly mind boggling. Most are quite sensible in other aspects but somehow allow themselves to get wrapped up in conspiracy theory bullshit that can be made up by anybody, anywhere. 

Yes.   Trump has really tapped into the Conspiracy theorists way,  People I know who are major conspiracy theory believers,  love Trump.  These are people who would normally hate his polices and ideology but because he is a conspiracy theorist,  they trust him.  It is too bizarre for words. 

Guest CzarnaWisnia

1*1jJ-fzkzYqizIQTw13LLRQ.jpeg

On 8/18/2019 at 7:28 AM, jonski43 said:

Do the democrats actually have a strong likely candidate as I think trump could easily do it again.

Sorry to say but I'm sure he will... 😞

I think he's gonna squeak by again with less than 40% of the vote regardless of who the dems put up or where the economy goes. His team is already screaming FAKE NEWS and placing blame on China, the media, the dems, immigrants, and your grandmother when it comes to any recession that may come. And it'll work. His cult will proudly follow him into the pits of hell and believe every word he says while doing so.

A lot of people laughed at the notion of Oprah running for president, and she's certainly not my first choice. But in terms of sheer media domination, she's the ONLY one who can suck the air out of the room he's in. He needs the media. It's his oxygen. Without them, he'll wither up and die. And as far as I'm concerned, no one else can come close to do eclipsing him on that front. 

I don't care if she's another celebrity. She can win. And at this point, I just want beat him and his followers and salt the earth after the victory. 

Tulsi would actually be a good candidate for the Dems, but unfortunately I don't see her really going to make it. She's honest, not crazy, not a lair (that I see), and not tainted with empty promises and partisan politics. She's smart, on top of topics and the best part is that she want's America to get out of running a globalized military with a focus on endless wars.

Biden doesn’t have a shot at all. He’s Hillary 2.0. The only way he could do it is if he does all the things Hillary did but better. Like actually visit battleground states. Otherwise it will be another election like 2016. The vast majority of Americans stayed home.