2020 U.S. Election

Camacho

2 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Didn't Hillary get more votes overall last time but the way the US systems works meant Trump won? 

Yes, plus 2 mill more, but in us system the states, not the people directly, choose the president. She had to win more states to be elected as each state is awarded a number of electors. This basically means the voice in California doesn’t have as much power as the one in Florida.

3 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

They are right and Trump is leading in Ohio and Florida, so it's more likely than not that he will win another 4 years. Popular vote doesn't matter in the US.

I know, but even if Biden looses Ohio and Florida, according to the polls he will win Arizona, Pennsylvania and Michigan where Biden has comfortable lead and he will be elected president. Not to mention he has real chance in Georgia and other southern states too (leads currently). In reality, if polls are right, Biden should win the most battleground states. Unfortunately the polls said the same thing in 2016, but Hillary led in less states. But she lost most states she had a small lead in. She lost Florida, Pennsylvania, Michigan etc. I think unfortunately Trump has many shy supporters who are probably not declaring they would vote for him and in this way he could still win. It wouldn’t shock me if the polls are wrong and they could be for this reason.

Al Gore won the popular vote back in 2000 as well. It's surreal to think of how different the entire world may be if the very antiquated electoral college system had long ago ceased to exist in the United States. It thwarts progress, giving disproportionate power to red states with smaller populations.

I am SO over this "Biden is too old/slow/weak" perspective. You're telling me that a morbidly obese, 70+ year old, on plenty of medication, whose sociopathic personality, death cult mentality, and anti-science arrogance got his own ass infected with Covid - and has left the rest of us for dead from day one - is still a better look than Biden? GTFO. 

And the only reason why he's probably still going right now is because they're pumping him full of experimental drugs and steroids.

2 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

I am SO over this "Biden is too old/slow/weak" perspective. You're telling me that a morbidly obese, 70+ year old, on plenty of medication, whose sociopathic personality, death cult mentality, and anti-science arrogance got his own ass infected with Covid - and has left the rest of us for dead from day one - is still a better look than Biden? GTFO. 

And the only reason why he's probably still going right now is because they're pumping him full of experimental drugs and steroids.

Preach sister! Not to mention Dumb is mere 3 years younger and even after 70, 3 years are nothing. Practically they are the same age. Its just a lame excuse for some to justify voting for evil.

All these early voters do we knew if it’s spread out throughout the country or majority from California/NY where there is a big population? God i hope these polls r right🤦🏻‍♂️

Call me crazy but i think Donald Trump never got Covid it was to prove his point that we can live with it and most recover. I don’t know what to believe anymore🤪🤪🤪

5 hours ago, SheldonCooper said:

All these early voters do we knew if it’s spread out throughout the country or majority from California/NY where there is a big population? God i hope these polls r right🤦🏻‍♂️

I believe it's pretty spread out throughout the country. A record number of people have already voted, something like 50 million plus.

18 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Amen

21 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

No one said that. Chill.

Im soo not even going there...yet/lining up my duckies w/ plan B to leave the US (but it's beyond if or even when for me) but an absolutely going.to.happen lol if he wins, steals it or whatever. WHY (if one is able) on earth would one possibly stay? LOL. Whether ur in AL/WV or NY/CA lol US becomes 1930s Germany-esque & present day Russia/ Belarus fvcked (not by 2021 but Nov/Dec 2020)!

Next 9/10 days watching paint dry w/ 10 inch nails/chalkboard long and slow w/ Mariah's Greatest Shits blasting in the background. But all my energies for now...hoping he ends up 36 feet under w/ 'something' happening (lethal oppo or whatever).

They almost ALWAYS wait for most impact w/out time to recover 4-7 days before election. Bannon/Rudy (and Lincoln Project) gonna go ballastic likely during that time. Just matter of what sticks/clicks.  

Oh! who the fuq 'seriously' believed he even had *Covid now? Lmao. Where's BARR? lol 

3 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Im soo not even going there...yet/lining up my duckies w/ plan B to leave the US (but it's beyond if or even when for me) but an absolutely going.to.happen lol if he wins, steals it or whatever. WHY (if one is able) on earth would one possibly stay? LOL. Whether ur in AL/WV or NY/CA lol US becomes 1930s Germany-esque & present day Russia/ Belarus fvcked (not by 2021 but Nov/Dec 2020)!

Next 9/10 days watching paint dry w/ 10 inch nails/chalkboard long and slow w/ Mariah's Greatest Shits blasting in the background. But all my energies for now...hoping he ends up 36 feet under w/ 'something' happening (lethal oppo or whatever).

They almost ALWAYS wait for most impact w/out time to recover 4-7 days before election. Bannon/Rudy (and Lincoln Project) gonna go ballastic likely during that time. Just matter of what sticks/clicks.  

Oh! who the fuq 'seriously' believed he even had *Covid now? Lmao. Where's BARR? lol 

@Ciccone's Cheeks  Bruce Springsteen said he would move to Australia if Trump won but said he was positive Biden would win.  All my fingers crossed for Trump loss. America deserves better. You deserve much better xx

7 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

@Ciccone's Cheeks  Bruce Springsteen said he would move to Australia if Trump won but said he was positive Biden would win.  All my fingers crossed for Trump loss. America deserves better. You deserve much better xx

Yup! Thank you doll face 😘

16 hours ago, runa said:

No one said that. Chill.

My facebook is filled with my relatives who are avid Trumpeters and they always attack Joe with him being old and senile. It is so sickening to watch it on my feed. These are close first degree relatives, whom you haved known for years. 

Now they are claiming Trump was mainly responsible for the oil price decrease and Obama made it high.

Joe Biden called Donald Trump....George🤦🏻‍♂️ His wife corrected him. 🤦🏻‍♂️At 78 YES he is too old to run a country in my eyes so is Donald. I know we have nobody else but c’mon even Madonna calls him sleepy Joe. A man in his 80’s will not be fit for that type of job or atleast do it decently. 

2 hours ago, SheldonCooper said:

Joe Biden called Donald Trump....George🤦🏻‍♂️ His wife corrected him. 🤦🏻‍♂️At 78 YES he is too old to run a country in my eyes so is Donald. I know we have nobody else but c’mon even Madonna calls him sleepy Joe. A man in his 80’s will not be fit for that type of job or atleast do it decently. 

So? Donald is George x 4. And we know Joe is ancient, but where does this lead to??? DUMB???? Fuck no.

52 minutes ago, elijah said:

So? Donald is George x 4. And we know Joe is ancient, but where does this lead to??? DUMB???? Fuck no.

True i agree not dumb but after a certain age your not as sharp and i feel some jobs can’t be done after a certain age but what do i know🤷🏻‍♂️ Obviously anything but Trump at this point i just don’t think Joe Biden is anything exciting or qualified we are just settling for anything than Trump 🤷🏻‍♂️

if i was american i’d still vote for Joe Biden

Woodrow Wilson remained in office after suffering a stroke halfway through his second term. His wife did everything, better than he would've at his healthiest, and she should probably be recognized as a de facto first female president, but that's another issue.

The point is that presidents can just be envoys. They don't do it all. I don't think Biden was ever particularly brilliant, nor ever much more than serviceable, but neither were plenty of others in that political lineage. But it doesn't always matter how brilliant you are anyway; you have to pander to constituents who wouldn't know greatness if it threw Hard Candy CDs in their faces. Biden doesn't rouse a thing in me, but what's important is that he's willing to work alongside the right people, including the seemingly promising Kamala Harris, for (more of) the right things. He could be sworn in and fuck off to bed for the next four years and the United States would still be in much better hands than it is with disgraceful Trump.

18 minutes ago, pithy said:

Woodrow Wilson remained in office after suffering a stroke halfway through his second term. His wife did everything, better than he would've at his healthiest, and she should probably be recognized as a de facto first female president, but that's another issue.

The point is that presidents can just be envoys. They don't do it all. I don't think Biden was ever particularly brilliant, nor ever much more than serviceable, but neither were plenty of others in that political lineage. But it doesn't always matter how brilliant you are anyway; you have to pander to constituents who wouldn't know greatness if it threw Hard Candy CDs in their faces. Biden doesn't rouse a thing in me, but what's important is that he's willing to work alongside the right people, including the seemingly promising Kamala Harris, for (more of) the right things. He could be sworn in and fuck off to bed for the next four years and the United States would still be in much better hands than it is with disgraceful Trump.

True well said. ❤️

13 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

The Murdoch media is a blight on the world. There is a push in Australia for a royal commission on his biased extreme right wing domination of our media. With him now completely turning Sky news into the same as Fox news, on top of him owning most of our newspapers, people are fed up completely 

2 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

The Murdoch media is a blight on the world. There is a push in Australia for a royal commission on his biased extreme right wing domination of our media. With him now completely turning Sky news into the same as Fox news, on top of him owning most of our newspapers, people are fed up completely 

There should be international law against press concentration. A few individuals shouldn't be allowed to control all the mass media of a country. It has been proven many times that media integrity is at risk in this case because these owners will control what people read to influence how they think. This is a very powerful (but very subtle) weapon against democracy.

Hopefully Biden wins by a huge margin just to stick to him even harder. 🤞🤞🤞

8 hours ago, Junior said:

I guess he means himself? 'cos COVID-19 kills all hence "no kids in school, no graduations, no weddings, no Thanksgiving, no Christmas, and no Fourth of July together".