Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, XXL said:

 

Sanders all the way

Biden is just another meek puppet. And a continuation of the absolutely dreadful American foreign policy that we have seen in the past 20 years

So true. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/21/2019 at 2:35 AM, Nightshade said:

I am not attacking you, but this is a straight-up myth. Hillary got almost 66 million votes in 2016. The only candidate in history to get more American votes was Barack Obama (both in 2008 and 2012). She received more votes in that election than Bill Clinton did for either of his Presidential runs, or George W. Bush.

Hillary's flaw, and it IS a real one, was that she spread her operation too thin trying to sweep Georgia and Arizona. She should've focused on the Blue Wall state of Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania.

So can we stop saying she didn't inspire people? A lot of women were inspired, and crushed the day after the election. Let's not discount her completely.

She couldn’t even fill a high school gym while Sanders was filling arenas with overflow crowds out and around the block. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is, Bernie isn’t expanding his base of support from 2016. At all. It’s actually shrinking compared to 2016. And he lost states to Biden that he won against Clinton by pretty wide margins. After looking at numbers from last night, his so called revolution was a flop. 
 

Not a good sign. 
 

I’m not getting on board his Bernie Train if he can’t even pull people out to vote for him in a primary. Trump needs to be beaten. And if Biden can pull together a wider, larger, more diverse coalition to do so, so be it. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m gonna need a barf bag when I have to vote for this fool. 

5DF85376-611C-4F02-A921-C80E59248630.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

If we have Biden i say bring back Hillary! 🙈

Both Biden & Sanders don’t stand a chance against the Donald.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Biden doesnt seem inspirational. Hope I am wrong. Dumb has to go. I can not stand another 4 years of him dividing the west and sucking up to autocrats and madmen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

The thing is, Bernie isn’t expanding his base of support from 2016. At all. It’s actually shrinking compared to 2016. And he lost states to Biden that he won against Clinton by pretty wide margins. After looking at numbers from last night, his so called revolution was a flop. 
 

Not a good sign. 
 

I’m not getting on board his Bernie Train if he can’t even pull people out to vote for him in a primary. Trump needs to be beaten. And if Biden can pull together a wider, larger, more diverse coalition to do so, so be it. 
 

 

Not a good sign at all. It's really disheartening actually. From the numbers I saw fairly early on, it seems like the youth in general didn't turn up as well as expected, especially for Bernie. Although both he and Trump have very passionate bases, sadly, I just don't think the number of Bernie's truly passionate supporters matches that of Trump. If the past 4 years and the guarantee of a VERY bleak next 4 years if we don't beat Trump doesn't bring you out to vote, then wtf will?? 

Biden DID seem to bring out black voters so he better thank his lucky stars for that. At this point, I'm ok if he rides on the "Obama association".....whatever it takes to get DUMP out of the White House. From there, we can start to make things better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

 

I like Warren.....but this should've happened before Super Tuesday. I think quite a few of her supporters would've went for Bernie vs. Biden if she hadn't been an option. 

It just blows my mind that after 4 years of Dump this race isn't cut and dry. I fully expect 4 more years of Dump and prob repercussions of that for the rest of my lifetime. Truly sad and disheartening. 😞

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2020 at 6:37 AM, Kelmadfan said:

She couldn’t even fill a high school gym while Sanders was filling arenas with overflow crowds out and around the block. 

And yet she still had more votes at the end. Arenas don't mean shit if those people don't go to the polls. Look at this year's turnout. Sanders is getting fewer voters to the primaries than he did in 2016, yet they still go to the arenas. Young people simply don't vote as reliably as older people. It's a mathematical fact.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't get to down, everyone. It's still possible that Donald botches the COVID-19 epidemic so badly that even Biden can win. 🥺 

Never underestimate the anti-Trump vote... https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/485994-democratic-turnout-surges-on-super-tuesday

In Virginia, the fourth most delegate-rich state to hold a primary Tuesday, more than 1.3 million voters cast ballots — a nearly 70 percent increase over 2016, when about 783,000 voted in the Democratic presidential primary. That surpasses a previous record set in 2008, when just under 1 million voters turned out.

In North Carolina, turnout was up by about 17 percent over 2016 levels. And in Texas, at least 45 percent more voters went to the polls on Tuesday than showed up four years ago, according to an analysis of vote returns.

Both VA and NC are swing states (VA less so in recent years), and Biden won both. I am not saying he'll beat Trump, but there are glimmers of hope here. If Democrats can sustain that enthusiasm then even down-ticket races will be affected and we REALLY need to win the Senate (maybe more so than the Presidency) if for no reason than the Supreme Court.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nightshade said:

And yet she still had more votes at the end. Arenas don't mean shit if those people don't go to the polls. Look at this year's turnout. Sanders is getting fewer voters to the primaries than he did in 2016, yet they still go to the arenas. Young people simply don't vote as reliably as older people. It's a mathematical fact.

This.

The supposed "Bernie's army" just don't show up to vote. Yes, there are a lot of young people at his gatherings and who follow his various social media platforms, but this medium counts for little in the end because it does not turn into a ballot in the ballot box. Young people are rightly skeptical of the democratic process they have known since childhood, but they cannot change it if they do not participate in the democratic process.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If young people in America are not going to bother to join in and vote for someone who holds ideas and values that would help them and so much of the American public,  well they are pathetic.  So tired of the apathy and downright ignorance and laziness of so many people.  Voting for who is going to make decisions that affect your life is crucial and yet,  so many just shrug, not bother and instead let the rampant right win out.  As for Biden,  well just a typical status quo politician who won't change much.  Of course,  he is a much better choice than the revolting Trump though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2020 at 12:26 AM, KalamazooJay said:

The thing is, Bernie isn’t expanding his base of support from 2016. At all. It’s actually shrinking compared to 2016. And he lost states to Biden that he won against Clinton by pretty wide margins. After looking at numbers from last night, his so called revolution was a flop. 
 

Not a good sign. 
 

I’m not getting on board his Bernie Train if he can’t even pull people out to vote for him in a primary. Trump needs to be beaten. And if Biden can pull together a wider, larger, more diverse coalition to do so, so be it. 

 

I agree, pity he couldn't, didn't expand his base

Although this unfolding of events is totally to be expected and welcomed by the powers that be. They would rather have a Biden over a Sanders in the WH any time. Biden would just be a continuation of the same old tired US policies, both domestically and abroad.

Obviously the ultimate aim is to avoid Trump part Deux but I feel like America has to make a 360 in many respects, it's not merely a Republican Vs Democrat issue, and Sanders would have fit that bill better than anyone else. Warren was another valid alternative to the same old same old

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

If young people in America are not going to bother to join in and vote for someone who holds ideas and values that would help them and so much of the American public,  well they are pathetic.  So tired of the apathy and downright ignorance and laziness of so many people.  Voting for who is going to make decisions that affect your life is crucial and yet,  so many just shrug, not bother and instead let the rampant right win out.  As for Biden,  well just a typical status quo politician who won't change much.  Of course,  he is a much better choice than the revolting Trump though. 

Yeap, there are a lot of people that like to complain about our current situation but when it comes time to take action they don't want to be bother. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Martin B. said:

This.

The supposed "Bernie's army" just don't show up to vote. Yes, there are a lot of young people at his gatherings and who follow his various social media platforms, but this medium counts for little in the end because it does not turn into a ballot in the ballot box. Young people are rightly skeptical of the democratic process they have known since childhood, but they cannot change it if they do not participate in the democratic process.

 

Basically it's like a pop star IG 💯 m follower count and then they have to reschedule to a parking lot venue?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Martin B. said:

Young people are rightly skeptical of the democratic process they have known since childhood, but they cannot change it if they do not participate in the democratic process.

 

Amen

And no matter who the Democratic nominee ends up being, we better hope they don't wheel out any "of the moment" celebrity anytime anywhere, they were the final nail in the coffin for Clinton's 2016 run

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Martin B. said:

This.

The supposed "Bernie's army" just don't show up to vote. Yes, there are a lot of young people at his gatherings and who follow his various social media platforms, but this medium counts for little in the end because it does not turn into a ballot in the ballot box. Young people are rightly skeptical of the democratic process they have known since childhood, but they cannot change it if they do not participate in the democratic process.

Kinda looks that way. But we have more states to go. The southern states are primarily “red states” anyway. The main thing is getting trump out. That we all can agree on. Time will tell. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

If young people in America are not going to bother to join in and vote for someone who holds ideas and values that would help them and so much of the American public,  well they are pathetic.  So tired of the apathy and downright ignorance and laziness of so many people.  Voting for who is going to make decisions that affect your life is crucial and yet,  so many just shrug, not bother and instead let the rampant right win out.  As for Biden,  well just a typical status quo politician who won't change much.  Of course,  he is a much better choice than the revolting Trump though. 

This 👆

Link to post
Share on other sites

Young voters have proven to be far more politically active on Twitter than they have at the voting booth. They had their choice to come out and make their revolution happen and they blew it. I’m tired of anyone 18-24 that screams about college debt, environmentalism, healthcare, etc but when you ask them who they voted for, it’s a “no one because they’re all the same”

No, child. They’re not. And while Biden was FAR from my first choice, I’ll vote for him. Because I don’t need to have the warm and fuzzies in the voting booth when I check the box. 
 

So they can all take several seats. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

Young voters have proven to be far more politically active on Twitter than they have at the voting booth. They had their choice to come out and make their revolution happen and they blew it. I’m tired of anyone 18-24 that screams about college debt, environmentalism, healthcare, etc but when you ask them who they voted for, it’s a “no one because they’re all the same”

No, child. They’re not. And while Biden was FAR from my first choice, I’ll vote for him. Because I don’t need to have the warm and fuzzies in the voting booth when I check the box. 
 

So they can all take several seats. 

And this is some REAL shit right here. You echo my sentiments exactly.

So sick of everyone hoping for some "unicorn" candidate.....it'll NEVER HAPPEN. 

Biden was towards the bottom of my list of the candidates but I'll absolutely be voting for him in November if he's the nom.....with a smile....no doubt! I'm so over these over sensitive, unrealistic SJW's. I said it before, but it's worth repeating.....they're every bit as detrimental as Trumpers to this race. I KNOW if Bernie loses the nom (which is looking likely) there's gonna be those that not only don't vote Dem, but may even vote Trump as some sort of "revenge", it happened in 2016 so it'll happen in 2020, no doubt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

Young voters have proven to be far more politically active on Twitter than they have at the voting booth. They had their choice to come out and make their revolution happen and they blew it. I’m tired of anyone 18-24 that screams about college debt, environmentalism, healthcare, etc but when you ask them who they voted for, it’s a “no one because they’re all the same”

No, child. They’re not. And while Biden was FAR from my first choice, I’ll vote for him. Because I don’t need to have the warm and fuzzies in the voting booth when I check the box. 
 

So they can all take several seats. 

Exactly.  They are NOT the same.  Bernie Sanders is someone that has everything you mentioned as an incredible alternative that will make lives easier.  Medicare, college debt, environment -  all things he is campaigning heavily for.  It astounds people in other countries that the biggest country in the world in the USA does NOT have universal health care and it is so detrimental to poorer people - same with college debt.  Yet,  so many young people did not show up to vote.  What on Earth is wrong with them ?  

As you mentioned,  Biden would not be my choice at all if I was American BUT he is a much better choice than Trump by a million miles. Would vote for him over Trump every day of the week.   Trump's rampant supporters and the wealthy will ALWAYS come out and vote.  If people want change,  they have to vote.  I am glad that Australia has compulsory voting because it does bring people out to vote that otherwise might just say " can't be bothered"   Shame it is not in the USA as it does make a difference. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I do think that when Obama burst onto the scene, that kind of really spoiled an entire generation and swath of the electorate. I remember that election as clear as day. You TRULY felt like he was something special and he TRULY did make you FEEL something. He inspired hope, passion, and made you believe that he was going to usher in a sweeping change to this country on all sorts of levels. I'm not ashamed to admit that I did cry on election night in 2008. The fact that this country elected a man named Barack Hussein Obama was earth shattering.

Then reality set in. 

But ever since Obama, Democrats have been OBSESSED with electing the first in everything and have been trying to shove it all down our throats. It honestly makes me NOT want to vote for their preferred candidate because it all feels so forced. Hillary felt SO FORCED to so many Americans on so many levels. Whereas the rise of Obama was fairly organic and authentic. And when a minority or woman drops out or doesn't win a race,  they scream racism and sexism. Both obviously DO play a big part in some areas of this country, but sometimes people just run shitty campaigns. Simple as that. Hillary ran a shitty campaign. That doesn't take away that she DID inspire millions of people and would've been a very capable, competent, and effective President. But her campaign was arrogant and aloof. The media was more interested in electing her than the American people in my opinion. 

If Biden wins, I do hope he can restore some normalcy to the Presidency. I hope he's boring and mundane. I'm tired of politics being this blood sport, reality show circus. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

But ever since Obama, Democrats have been OBSESSED with electing the first in everything and have been trying to shove it all down our throats. It honestly makes me NOT want to vote for their preferred candidate because it all feels so forced. Hillary felt SO FORCED to so many Americans on so many levels. Whereas the rise of Obama was fairly organic and authentic

And when a minority or woman drops out or doesn't win a race,  they scream racism and sexism. Both obviously DO play a big part in some areas of this country, but sometimes people just run shitty campaigns. Simple as that. Hillary ran a shitty campaign. That doesn't take away that she DID inspire millions of people and would've been a very capable, competent, and effective President. But her campaign was arrogant and aloof. The media was more interested in electing her than the American people in my opinion

 

Couldn't agree more. Some people need to get over their two dimensional approach and vision. Saying Clinton with her awful track record was the wrong Dem nominee doesn't mean being a Trump supporter :electropop:

As unpopular any opinion might be, we need to look at facts first and foremost. Her belligerence and foreign policy agenda alone is akin to that of ANY Republican candidate. It's the fabric of American unjustified imperialism that's been going on since 1945. Britain lost their Empire and their role. A new one was being birthed upon its ashes

One for all, advocating a no-fly zone over Syria=instant WW3. Reckless to say the least. Besides she should never have taken 💰 from Saudi Arabia, really poor taste.

Saudi Arabia is a co-partner in spreading Wahhabism, ISIS, repressive, misogynistic tendencies, 9/11, human rights violation unaccountability, you name it. So basically the same thing the US claims they are patrolling the world against. It makes no sense at all. Unless it does but in a very sinister way and for truly despicable goals. 

US voters among the Democratic base should have gone with Sanders four years ago when they had a chance to

Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot about her 2003 vote on Iraq :lmao:

Obviously those weapons of mass destruction have never been "found", but it's all good and forgotten and "the Western media" suddenly has amnesia or something. Never mind only two countries went ahead with an illegal military attack without a UN resolution. Talk about arrogant and undemocratic as it gets

So many deja vu during the past 20 years. From Afghanistan, to Iraq, the so called Arab Spring, Libya, Egypt and of course Syria which is truly showing and unmasking those very same imperialistic goals that have caused so much havoc everywhere

 

 

Those weapons of mass destruction gotta be somewhere

 

 

Sickening

Link to post
Share on other sites

Case in point. While we're on the subject of arrogance and US foreign policy  :rotfl: just in

 

International Criminal Court

Mike Pompeo bristles at ICC’s Afghanistan war crimes probe

International Criminal Court decides to investigate alleged crimes committed by US troops

 

570884a4-5eff-11ea-ac5e-df00963c20e6?sou

 

 

Dead at the comments :rotfl:

 

 

 

He's truly disgusting

That dictatorship tone

The words he's using

 

And he's renamed the Corona virus into the Wuhan virus, rather transparent wouldn't you say

 

It is time Washington and its politicians (of any political persuasion) realised that Europe is pressed between the rising East and the old bulimic NATO framed, dollar reserve based world and Europe is not willing anymore to be their lapdog for barbaric senseless wars that only and invariably end up creating more chaos and violence in the Middle East and the rest of the world at large.

Africa and the Middle East have been raped and preyed upon for decades if not centuries in Africa's case, while we have been feasting for the past 100 years, now we are seeing the dreadful consequences of that, it is time for the "Free West" to take upon our responsibilities in how we got to this point to begin with

Stop feeding Israel capriciousness and Saudi bank accounts, for starters

The UK, Israel and Gulf Countries like Saudi Arabia are all partners in this criminal game. I'm not talking about the citizens, I'm referring to the governments of those countries

 

 

 

:rotfl:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, XXL said:

 

Couldn't agree more. Some people need to get over their two dimensional approach and vision. Saying Clinton with her awful track record was the wrong Dem nominee doesn't mean being a Trump supporter :electropop:

As unpopular any opinion might be, we need to look at facts first and foremost. Her belligerence and foreign policy agenda alone is akin to that of ANY Republican candidate. It's the fabric of American unjustified imperialism that's been going on since 1945. Britain lost their Empire and their role. A new one was being birthed upon its ashes

One for all, advocating a no-fly zone over Syria=instant WW3. Reckless to say the least. Besides she should never have taken 💰 from Saudi Arabia, really poor taste.

Saudi Arabia is a co-partner in spreading Wahhabism, ISIS, repressive, misogynistic tendencies, 9/11, human rights violation unaccountability, you name it. So basically the same thing the US claims they are patrolling the world against. It makes no sense at all. Unless it does but in a very sinister way and for truly despicable goals. 

US voters among the Democratic base should have gone with Sanders four years ago when they had a chance to

Hillary was a Republican and called a “Goldwater Girl”. She turned democrat when she married Slick Willie. 🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not envy any Democrat president that has to clean up the sh*t the current administration has done. One thought it was already an huge task for Obama to rebuild international relationships, especially with Europe, after the Iraq war. But can you imagine what it takes now? I personally do believe the damage is done forever. Let's face it, there are already Things happening in secret. Preparations if you will. In case Trump wins another election, Things will happen sooner. It is highly likely the Europe will cut ties with the U.S. on defense issues. Europe will finally create a European Army and this will most likely be the end of NATO. Something that is not neccessarily a bad thing considering NATO was more or less an extension of U.S. powers. Once those ties were cut, Europe will stand on its own with more self-esteem and will use its power an influence more in the interest of Europe. But it will no end there. I think we will finally see changes on the international trade and taxation issues, that are already long overdue and that for whatever reason, Brussels in unable to deal with. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kelmadfan said:

Hillary was a Republican and called a “Goldwater Girl”. She turned democrat when she married Slick Willie. 🙄

And that was 35 years ago. So how is this supposed prove any point in the present discussion. It's no different than Republicans claiming that the Democrats are the racists because they voted against the 13th amendment in 1865, while Republicans have ever been so nice to people of colour because Lincoln was Republican. 

Also, why seems arguing about Hillary Clinton always so one sided in recent recent years? Of course its all about the negatives or irrational fear about things to happen once she became president, like WWIII. Appears to me as if many people still Looking for a desperate excuse why they did not vote for Hillary in 2016 or did not vote at all and in result helped Trump to ascend to the throne. I think there is much guilty conscience. And it will only get worse, if Trump wins another election. She is not even running this year, yet people will blame her. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Junior pinned this topic
  • Junior locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...