2020 U.S. Election

Camacho

47 minutes ago, Nightshade said:

The odds are very good that Biden cleans the table with the remaining outstanding vote (aside from North Carolina and possibly Georgia - although the trend lines look good).

I am happy with that victory but it has come at a terrible cost, and the fact that Trump got millions of more votes over 2016 just shows you that 60 million American are completely ok with the last 4 years. This is no longer a minority party in the sense that close to half the voting public would probably support an authoritarian regime even if it was the Fourth Reich.

This isn't going away. These people are furious and violent (not all 60 million, mind you), but enough of them to cause chaos in the future. America has a very long way to go, and it's like to result in a further weakening of the Union.

But it’s better to have a normal person ruling rather then trump fanning the flames of racial hatred and division. Biden would work with fbr to fight the neo nazis rather than stay away cause there are good ppl on their sides.

CNN reports that the orange baby has been angrily calling the Republicans governors in the battleground states the past day. He doesn’t like the election results and wants them to put a stop to these counts. This embarrassing insanity! :rotfl:

I see a lot of people celebrating i’m still worried Nevada isn’t a done deal.  Trump still has a chance. This is still stressful to me 🤷🏻‍♂️

26 minutes ago, elijah said:

Could Nevada flip? It seems to be too close...

Really NV and AZ aren't guaranteed at this point.....he's tied in NV and only 3 point difference in AZ. I think they're counting on the mail in ballots to put Biden over the edge in those states. Apparently team Trump still think they have a fighting chance in AZ and realize if they lost that, their chances at a win are very slim. Just hoping Biden can get both as that will put him right at 270. He's really holding his own in NC and GA but in the end, I feel like they're going to Trump. PA could go either way seems like Trump has the slight edge though unless those mail in votes for Biden are overwhelming. Just heard that Biden and his team are optimistic about PA but are extremely confident about AZ.

My fear is some situation where Biden only gets NV OR AZ and none of the eastern states. Also, I can't stop thinking for something like 60 yrs OH has "predicted" who will win the presidency and of course Trump won that state last night. Will that streak be broken? If it's to happen, 2020 would be the year! 

Just not popping the champagne yet here, too many ways it can still slip through Biden's fingers.

4 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Really NV and AZ aren't guaranteed at this point.....he's tied in NV and only 3 point difference in AZ. I think they're counting on the mail in ballots to put Biden over the edge in those states. Apparently team Trump still think they have a fighting chance in AZ and realize if they lost that, their chances at a win are very slim. Just hoping Biden can get both as that will put him right at 270. He's really holding his own in NC and GA but in the end, I feel like they're going to Trump. PA could go either way seems like Trump has the slight edge though unless those mail in votes for Biden are overwhelming. Just heard that Biden and his team are optimistic about PA but are extremely confident about AZ.

My fear is some situation where Biden only gets NV OR AZ and none of the eastern states. Also, I can't stop thinking for something like 60 yrs OH has "predicted" who will win the presidency and of course Trump won that state last night. Will that streak be broken? If it's to happen, 2020 would be the year! 

Just not popping the champagne yet here, too many ways it can still slip through Biden's fingers.

NV and AZ are fine. Biden is in front, and the remaining votes to be counted will favour Biden. I also think he is about 75% chance of getting over the line in PA - its only postal votes to be counted and they are about 70% in his favour, which would be enough to overtake Trump. Even Georgia is close - the remaining votes to be counted are from the cities which should favour Biden, but we dont really know how more votes are left so its unclear if there will be enough.

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Michigan did America proud. 👏 we can NOT say the same for Florida 😁

More proof of climate change - the people in Florida have had their minds cooked.

9 minutes ago, Paul said:

NV and AZ are fine. Biden is in front, and the remaining votes to be counted will favour Biden. I also think he is about 75% chance of getting over the line in PA - its only postal votes to be counted and they are about 70% in his favour, which would be enough to overtake Trump. Even Georgia is close - the remaining votes to be counted are from the cities which should favour Biden, but we dont really know how more votes are left so its unclear if there will be enough.

I really hope this is how it plays out. It DOES look good for Biden right now for all the reasons you mention. I'm still 2016 hungover though.....I'm just scared to take any of it for granted. :nervous:

16 minutes ago, Paul said:

Actually on cnbc they showed that the remaining votes in Arizona slightly favour Trump. So I would not take it for granted. Hopefully Biden flips Pensilvania, Georgia and North Carolina too and have a decisive victory in electoral college 

10 minutes ago, MadFan said:

:lmao:

In keeping with the theme? Bless! It's very Iggy Azalea after being bonked on the head with a Bible. I guess it's nice that there's an open-door policy for angels from sundry places outside of the US, even if there's not one for human beings.

Regarding the vote thus far, it doesn't help that 25% of the country is made up of evangelicals not so very different from the woman above. Coupled with the education system's rah-rah jingoism and revisionism, maybe we shouldn't be surprised that a potential Biden victory won't be by a bigger margin.

Edited by pithy
Grammar.

46 minutes ago, elijah said:

Actually on cnbc they showed that the remaining votes in Arizona slightly favour Trump. So I would not take it for granted. Hopefully Biden flips Pensilvania, Georgia and North Carolina too and have a decisive victory in electoral college 

Oh no! Stop counting the votes!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, elijah said:

But it’s better to have a normal person ruling rather then trump fanning the flames of racial hatred and division. Biden would work with fbr to fight the neo nazis rather than stay away cause there are good ppl on their sides.

Oh totally. Don't get me wrong, the fact that Biden will be President (99% sure anyway), at least most of us can sleep at night. AND I am hopeful he will elevate promising Democrats into his cabinet and advisor positions (Buttigieg, Abrams, Castro, etc.). I am more excited about the doors he will open to the talent of the future.

12 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Im worried about Arizona and Nevada where Trump is gaining

If they go to Trump, Biden is cooked..

I am not as worried about Nevada. I think most of what is left is mail-in and someone from the Nevada Democratic Party said that has heavily favored Biden thus far. If he wins Pennsylvania (also likely right now), he doesn't need Arizona. And some are saying Georgia isn't over yet either. 

I guess we will see. Fox News (of all places) seemed pretty confident about Arizona for Biden. They actually do have a good analytics team.

This is just the same cry baby hypocrisy as the supposed convention of not putting in a new Supreme Court judge during an election year. They only ever call out problems when it disadvantages them. It's infuriating!

Protestors calling to stop the vote in one state, but wanting every vote counted in others. You simply can't make up this fuckery :megamanson:

1 hour ago, horn said:

Suprisingly New York has 2.8m voted for Dumpster as compare to 3.6m to Biden.

The rest of the state outside of NYC is heavily Republican. Even going to Long Island nearby is like stepping into a completely different world.