2020 U.S. Election

Camacho

3 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Care to present some evidence? And please, don't come up with "she voted in favor of the Iraq war" or she took money from the Saudis for the Clinton Foundation or she was giving speeches at banks. None of this is illegal. I believe in the principle of "in dubio pro reo" instead of "guilty by suspicion" and so far I have not seen anything that puts her in a category you describe. What I have seen over the years are people trying to destroy her reputation by making false claims. Claims that have been debunked over and over. But of course, if you repeat certain things over and over again, at some point it will stick and people will believe it's true no matter if it's not. 

Umm, so she can do whatever she does as long as its legal then it's ok? what a logic.

Are you debunking those claims, or are defending them because they are not illegal? 

How about, her not blaming every single else but herself for losing to Donald Trump? Well, yeah , we cant have that, because, she doesn't take any responsibility for her actions.

1 hour ago, GOD said:

Umm, so she can do whatever she does as long as its legal then it's ok? what a logic.

Are you debunking those claims, or are defending them because they are not illegal? 

How about, her not blaming every single else but herself for losing to Donald Trump? Well, yeah , we cant have that, because, she doesn't take any responsibility for her actions.

She has already acknowledged she has made mistakes in the past and things went wrong during the last elections. But losing those elections was not only her fault. This was not a normal election by any means. In the end, approx. 60.000 votes in three states decided this election, although she had an overall 3 million more votes than Trump.

And I'm still waiting for the evidence from your side that she is a war mongerer and corrupt. It is not my job to provide evidence someone did not do anything wrong or anything at all. How do you prove you did not do something. You have accusations, prove them. The reversal of burden of proof does not apply here. 

I dont have to prove anything buddy.

I dont have to get you the worm and feed it to you.

Some of us, can sit through a 4 hour of Hillary documentary and some of us cant even sit and her insufferable ass  for 5 min. 

1 hour ago, GOD said:

Some of us, can sit through a 4 hour of Hillary documentary and some of us cant even sit and her insufferable ass  for 5 min. 

Well, interesting attitude. Making accusations and if asked if you have any proof for those accusations, your reply is you don't need to prove anything. Try that attiude in the real world with real people, you will be surprised how soon you may be in legal trouble. You realize that making false statements about a person may qualify as slander under certain circumstances? But of course, you think you are so clever, because you keep those accusations opaque, never really going into detail. This is McCarthy-ism in its purest form. "Gulity by suspiscion". Only meant to manipulate other peoples perspective. You only do what Trump and his team has been doing for four years. It's not new, nor very clever. You want to have a serious discussion with me, come up with something more profound. Your 6th grade psychology does not fly with me. 

@Raider of the lost Ark  do you think that speaking at a conference while sponsored by the Saudis doesn't pose questions? Is it just a detail? A footnote in her political history? 

Saudi Arabia and AlQaeda got blamed squarely by US authorities over 9/11. She said that AlQaeda was created by the US and its precious CIA in 79 to serve their purpose against Russia. I don't find this a casual or minor detail at all tbh

So it's not just the vote on Iraq Part Deux, which by the way, another "minor detail", was by all international standards an illegal act of aggression committed by two Western countries with no UN resolution in sight, based on a pathetic lie sold as the ultimate solid truth, to top it all off

9 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

And I'm still waiting for the evidence from your side that she is a war mongerer and corrupt. It is not my job to provide evidence someone did not do anything wrong or anything at all. How do you prove you did not do something. You have accusations, prove them. The reversal of burden of proof does not apply here. 

War mongerer? Yes

Advocating a no-fly zone over Syria was never going to be a great idea. But a huge incentive down the road to WW3, we might have it anyway, but we'd have gotten in it in 2017 had Hilary been elected. To quote another poster "she's not for the people", never was

As Secretary of State, through her foreign policy actions, from the 2014 Crimean crisis to countless other examples, she fully embodied and subscribed to a neocon political document/protocol/to do list, from a think tank created in 1997, and eventually published in the year 2000 which is titled PNAC Project For A New American Century - Rebuilding American Defences

Here's a quote from that document

The process of transformation is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic or catalyzing event, such as a new Pearl Harbour

Well Biden blew Bernie away in my home state of Michigan last night. Like total blowout. He won every single fucking county in the state. Bernie came from behind in 2016 to beat Hillary here when polls had him down over 20 points and it basically resurrected his entire campaign.

He even won my county, Kalamazoo, along with Washtenaw and Ingham, home to Michigan State and University of Michigan. And Kalamazoo is home to Western Michigan University. All three counties went hard for him in 2016. I was shocked to see him lose in Ann Arbor especially. Turnout was up and Biden did extremely well across the board in every demographic. I'm really surprised to see him doing this well in so many states. I guess there really is a desire to have someone boring, old, white, and vanilla. After nearly four years of the shit show Trump has put on will do that to a country's psyche I suppose. 

So it's a done deal. Biden it is. 

On 3/9/2020 at 12:28 PM, GOD said:

Exactly. So let's not criticize Trump for banning transgendered people from serving in the military or any of the perfectly legal shit he's done while in office. 

1 hour ago, KalamazooJay said:

Well Biden blew Bernie away in my home state of Michigan last night. Like total blowout. He won every single fucking county in the state. Bernie came from behind in 2016 to beat Hillary here when polls had him down over 20 points and it basically resurrected his entire campaign.

He even won my county, Kalamazoo, along with Washtenaw and Ingham, home to Michigan State and University of Michigan. And Kalamazoo is home to Western Michigan University. All three counties went hard for him in 2016. I was shocked to see him lose in Ann Arbor especially. Turnout was up and Biden did extremely well across the board in every demographic. I'm really surprised to see him doing this well in so many states. I guess there really is a desire to have someone boring, old, white, and vanilla. After nearly four years of the shit show Trump has put on will do that to a country's psyche I suppose. 

So it's a done deal. Biden it is. 

Sums it up perfectly! NOT the year not just for another 'revolution/shake up' but even young, new, shiny, risky. Year of the Coffee Mate candidate (plain/regular flavored). Bland but good enough and KNOW what the hell you're getting. Know that's 100% where MY head and many, many others are at. If we were dealing w/ Jeb! Booker, Harris, Warren or Pete etc would've had it. 

And I honestly feel AMY is the best most *deserving and qualified VP pick. Already has amazing, organic chemistry w/ Biden, massive high popularity in MN and the Midwest and could totally see and LOVE to see her as President someday (NOT Warren). If she was only 1/4 AA etc...0 doubt Biden would have Jill AND Amy standing w/ him now. Harris is fine but way better as AG and only been a Senator from CA (state he'll *massively win anyway) for 3.5 years. . I like Abrams but she LOST a Governors race 2 years ago (even as shady as the loss was) and has only been minority leader in GA. People want *competence and sanity now! Not rising unqualified stars. Stacey is waaay smarter and more talented than Palin but NOT ready to be VP lol. Bet u anything Biden wants Amy but caves to pressure from pundits, special interest/ far left groups and picks Harris or Abrams. 

3 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

And I honestly feel AMY is the best most *deserving and qualified VP pick. Already has amazing, organic chemistry w/ Biden, massive high popularity in MN and the Midwest and could totally see and LOVE to see her as President someday (NOT Warren). If she was only 1/4 AA etc...0 doubt Biden would have Jill AND Amy standing w/ him now. Harris is fine but way better as AG and only been a Senator from CA (state he'll *massively win anyway) for 3.5 years. . I like Abrams but she LOST a Governors race 2 years ago (even as shady as the loss was) and has only been minority leader in GA. People want *competence and sanity now! Not rising unqualified stars. Stacey is waaay smarter and more talented than Palin but NOT ready to be VP lol. Bet u anything Biden wants Amy but caves to pressure from pundits, special interest/ far left groups and picks Harris or Abrams. 

REALLY?!

Huh. Different strokes for different folks.

I find her to be kind of insufferable and pretty robotic. I think her 'aw shucks' persona would grate on peoples nerves pretty quickly. Personally, I think Stacey Abrams would ELECTRIFY the groups of people Biden doesn't. She's young, she's black, she's progressive, she likable. She's got an Oprah like quality to her. I do understand that she doesn't have much experience, but I mean, after Trump, what the fuck does that mean anymore anyway?

It's amusing to see republicans question Biden's mental fitness because he flubs his words. I think that attack like will go NO WHERE with independent voters who have watched Trump shit himself every single time he speaks. The guy can't even form full sentences or spell words correctly on Twitter. 

Saw an analysis last night about the Sanders/Biden vote and apparently young people ( 45 years and under )  overwhelmingly voted for Sanders but older people overwhelmingly went for Biden.  Also that older people easily come out to vote while younger voters did not.  So,  it seems that another opportunity lost IF people want Medicare and are alarmed at the rate of college debt and the tax perks that ultra wealthy and huge corporations, banks get.  But if young people don't bother voting,  this will never change.   Just sad that the swing to the far right - not just in the USA but everywhere - does not seem to be getting through to the younger generation ( worldwide)  who just are too apathetic about it, despite it being their future.  As mentioned before,  would have Biden in a heart beat over Trump anyday of the week but it does sadden me that although people say they want change and not for the mega rich, corporations, big pharma etc to rule things,  they can't even bother supporting someone in Sanders that uses this as their platform.  

Biden is boring AF. He has zero chance in defeating Trump 😡🤬 He has no appeal whatsoever.  

1 hour ago, KalamazooJay said:

Well, Biden may limp across the finish line thanks to the disastrous, callous, and outright criminal response from the Trump Administration over the coronavirus. 

:chuckle: 👍

This epidemic is Trump's first REAL emergency he's had to face since taking office. And he's making an even bigger fool of himself domestically and internationally. This will be worse than the other controlled puppet Bush Jr handling of Katrina

He tried hard domestic PR wise with the (unlawful by international law) killing of that Iranian General back in early January, pre 👑 Virus. He still fell hard on his orange dumb ass

So now he's banned ALL travel from Europe, UK and Republic of Ireland included. Why not doing that from the start?? They ARE European countries  :rotfl:

4 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

Well, Biden may limp across the finish line thanks to the disastrous, callous, and outright criminal response from the Trump Administration over the coronavirus. 

Hope so. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2020 at 7:12 AM, GOD said:

You deserve the shit show that is America. Hilary wasn't perfect. Neither is Bernie or Biden or any other democrat. But this mentality is why you ended up with Trump. You might even be a Trump voter. You might be happy with the way he has lead your country. The rest of the world sees what a joke it is.

8 hours ago, Napoléon said:

You deserve the shit show that is America. Hilary wasn't perfect. Neither is Bernie or Biden or any other democrat. But this mentality is why you ended up with Trump. You might even be a Trump voter. You might be happy with the way he has lead your country. The rest of the world sees what a joke it is.

ok.
Thanks for sharing. We appreciate your contribution. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Beautiful Killer said:

I dont like Klobuchar to be honest. She seems smug. Why not Budigieg?