New album thread: discuss here. #Magic

Besides, it's funny how some people keep thinking of Madonna as some indie artist. She's a POP artist first and foremost, of course she cares about commercial success.

Except for 1998 to 2003 (and even then we had the occasional Ricky Martin, Missy Ellliot and Britney Spears collabs), she's always worked with popular artists. Some fans seem to think I Want You, Ray of Light and American Life are a full representation of who she really is, without acknowledging all her other work. Still, we have Mirwais on board again and people are still moaning. She just can't win with some fans, can she?

1 minute ago, MichaelDieker said:

OH! Ok yea I saw that one, and yea I can see what you mean but without hearing anything we can't really know it's sooo short a clip!

you can tell its a slow song or a mid tempo love song by how shes moving 

15 minutes ago, ratzuo said:

Ugh, this thread is always such a downer. Can we at least wait until we hear ONE SINGLE NOTE of the new song? It's all speculation so far.

The same happened when she started working with Avicii, everyone got their panties in a twist and guess what? Avicii ADAPTED to Madonna, she worked her magic on those songs and suddenly everyone was raving about how his tracks were the best of the bunch.

well, there's a possibility that she's using Maluma for his fame in South America but may still do her own sound with Mirwais so Im not losing hope.. but I don't want to be too naive and then be massively disappointed.. we'll see..

Avicii is no good comparison btw

48 minutes ago, acko said:

Her best since 2005’s Confessions On A Dance Floor = His Best Since Scary Monsters :wow:

@Suedey yet that is sorta worrysome @ the same time :rotfl:

:lmao:

Except she skipped Let's Dance and went straight to the Tonight/Never Let me Down era :nocomment:

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

well, there's a possibility that she's using Maluma for his fame in South America but may still do her own sound with Mirwais so Im not losing hope.. but I don't want to be too naive and then be massively disappointed.. we'll see..

his veiwing figures make madonnas figures on you tube look shit lol thats how sad it is now with todays pop industry ! in a world thats changing shes a stranger in a strange land 

I always found Avicii's production generic and dated AF and still her work with Madonna sounds pretty much like MADONNA to me. That's why I didn't fret about their collaboration right form the start. I really don't like Maluma or reggaeton at all, but I'm giving Madonna the benefit of the doubt.

It takes a century to release the album to finish releasing a first single with Maluma?????

😫😪 no no and no! Why?.. for me it's a sad news ... I hate Maluma, but let's be the first single...

I can not believe it .. I do not want to believe it.. 😡

So many months working with Mirwais, Fado, Portugal .. for this?

what a disappointment

9 minutes ago, peppermint said:

I would've hoped tribe would reveal a date or at least a month for the single...not only the album

A month ago they reported that the single was then planned to be released in May.

http://news.madonnatribe.com/en/2019/a-year-full-of-madonna/

28 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Ugh at this point I’m lost. Haven’t heard anything else. Music video was shot already apparently. Idk when the release is... 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

the video is shot already? when did she have the time to do that? in LA?  

8 minutes ago, Suedey said:

:lmao:

Except she skipped Let's Dance and went straight to the Tonight/Never Let me Down era :nocomment:

But I don't want a Black Tie/White noise either... Although if HC was Let's Dance 😀😀 then this should b our Outside.. No? 

14 minutes ago, trickyricky said:

if its like be careful with ricky martin it could be great i quite like his voice and i quite like anittas voice and i think the voices will suit madonna voice 

yeah, not fan of Anitta but I don't dislike her voice.

And tbh, I like Maluma too.

My only problem is the featuring. Very tired of that. 

It makes absolute sense to release a featuring with the most established artist as the lead single. It's the correct decision for the commercial performance of the album and that's about it. It says nothing about the quality of the album.

1 minute ago, DreamTheater said:

It makes absolute sense to release a featuring with the most established artist as the lead single. It's the correct decision for the commercial performance of the album and that's about it. It says nothing about the quality of the album.

The best song should be released first irrespective of who the featured artist on it is. I always said that The Beat Goes On should have been the lead off HC not cause of Kanye, but simply cause it was the best song.

2 minutes ago, elijah said:

The best song should be released first irrespective of who the featured artist on it is. I always said that The Beat Goes On should have been the lead off HC not cause of Kanye, but simply cause it was the best song.

The Beat Goes On is not the best song on Hard Candy.  Certainly not.  

3 minutes ago, runa said:

yeah, not fan of Anitta but I don't dislike her voice.

And tbh, I like Maluma too.

My only problem is the featuring. Very tired of that. 

But she already went the solo route with LFL and GT and both went down like a lead balloon. 

Of course I'd love for her to have a solo release again, but these featurings are just the state of pop music nowadays. She's just rolling with it.

Maybe the Maluma track would be the buzz single, to generate buzz and released soon and the real first single would be the disco Mirwais track to be premiered on Eurovision? One could hope...

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

something doesn't seem right.. I thought the video was already shot? if maluma is on the first single, why were they just now in the studio? I hope this isn't a last minute idea

Could the Maluma track be a remix of her first single?

I thought that she only recently went into the studio with Maluma. She had a year to make an album AND come up with a decent lead single, are u telling me the collab with Maluma is the best thing on that album and thus lead single worthy?

1 minute ago, Andra said:

I thought that she only recently went into the studio with Maluma. She had a year to make an album AND come up with a decent lead single, are u telling me the collab with Maluma is the best thing on that album and thus lead single worthy?

It’s shocking really. But wasn’t Music the song recorded last (though I m not a fan of it)?

3 minutes ago, elijah said:

Maybe the Maluma track would be the buzz single, to generate buzz and released soon and the real first single would be the disco Mirwais track to be premiered on Eurovision? One could hope...

Maybe.. But his new single is out this Friday..  I'm so confused 😐