New album thread: discuss here. #Magic

Well Madge used to complain that she HAD to put out a new record every two years when she was with WB. That urgency can often be good for creativity.

It seems she had more of a free rein with this weird new contract and with this final album specifically, which if I remember correctly was listed as 'optional' in the press stuff at the time. It appears she can take as long as she likes - which also can be good creatively....OR could be a case of too many cooks etc

Either way, she (and we) need a deadline!

The more spontaneous the work, the better imo .. When you take your sweet time being meticulous working on something and come back to it over and over again to fix this or change that, chances are you're gonna ruin what you created in the first place. In Madonna's case, hopefully she's carefully crafting a masterpiece. She really needs to finish it and give us a date tho.

7 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Omg I just saw what she’s wearing for the Oscar party!!! Well unless she changes her mind 

Where did u see this?

5 hours ago, luluthecat said:

I’ve no complaints on her taking her time recording this. Her last too album’s had rushed and we’ve moaned ever since. We know it’s coming this year and soonish. With M the more perfecting the better IMO.  As much as I love Rebel Heart - it’s sloppy. 

I agree about the last two albums being rushed. Due to the delay in editing W.E. and the impending Super Bowl, MDNA came out half baked. And then Rebel Heart leaked, so she quickly remixed the tracks and threw it out there with no liner notes because that would have taken too long. 😕

I LOVE that nothing has leaked for this and she has taken her time. She needed a situation where nothing went wrong or were she had deadlines and obligations.

2 hours ago, Mensch said:

The guy on this site has no sources at all. He just discovered this Portuguese song and it's assuming that it's a cover. Nothing to see here.

43 minutes ago, Andra said:

The more spontaneous the work, the better imo .. When you take your sweet time being meticulous working on something and come back to it over and over again to fix this or change that, chances are you're gonna ruin what you created in the first place. In Madonna's case, hopefully she's carefully crafting a masterpiece. She really needs to finish it and give us a date tho.

I somewhat agree. I don't think time constraints had anything to do with the quality of MDNA, I think it was what she did with her time that was the problem. Conversely, fussy overproduction of the MDNA Tour film which she laboured over for ages completely ruined it.

6 minutes ago, Kim said:

I somewhat agree. I don't think time constraints had anything to do with the quality of MDNA, I think it was what she did with her time that was the problem. Conversely, fussy overproduction of the MDNA Tour film which she laboured over for ages completely ruined it.

That's true. She did spend a lot of time on the MDNA Tour film and look how that turned out. It was so overproduced. I'm not sure why she wanted it to look like a thousand 5 second videos stitched together.

Maybe it's taking so long because we're getting:

1: Album

2: Album Film / Documentary 

and perhaps even ... 3: Mix Tape

And she needs to finish it all to release together? 

Purely speculation of course...

16 minutes ago, humanracin said:

What’s a mix tape? 

I know a lot won't agree but having no deadlines,  just working when someone "feels like it"  is not really a great way to work.  Case in point,  people that do courses online or work from home.  I know many who longed to do that and have done so.  Every single one of these people said they had no great incentive and spent more time doing other things, despite swearing that would never happen.   Basically regretted it and missed the structure of having to work and the knowing that they had to work.  It is more than easy to go into non work mode and yes, that does stifle creativity.  As others have said,  spending more and more time working on what has already been created and not going on original instinct also can stifle creativity because there is always a need to go back and fine tune and change things that sometimes don't need to be changed.  . 

Also,  I wish we would stop with the whole "  she is a mother"  stuff.    She worked when Lola, Rocco,  David and Mercy were little.  She was a great mother to all of them.  They are all older now and don't need supervision.  Having the twins does not mean she is run off her feet and can't work.  She is taking her time and that is her choice but yes - she is an entertainer and music legend.  That is her legacy and job and what we love her for. 

1 hour ago, Mensch said:

But there are like a million pieces for her to choose from...we’ll see. I see 🔥🔥🔥 on a jacket! 

Awesome! Can't wait to see. 

32 minutes ago, humanracin said:

This would be awesome. Whatever she's doing, it will be worth it. 

Working on a single project for SO long does not seem typical for Madonna.

Didn’t she complain that Mirwais wouldn’t stop experimenting and tweaking on tracks in the past so that she had to stop him and decide that the songs they worked on were finally finished? 

I also believe that she wouldn’t want to pay for expensive studio hours (Mike Dean must cost a fortune) if it it’s not really necessary. 

Time is money and the money is hers. There must be a reason why they are still working on it. Maybe the project is just too big. Double album?

Where does this idea of a mixtape actually come from? Does it really all stem from that one random Insta story of hers? M has been using random words and expressions on her posts since an eternity, if we would give a meaning to all of them, we would have 100+ fictional projects since she joined on Instagram.