MadonnaNation.com Forums
ctg12

Billie Eilish

I can’t get enough of this song. It’s kind of dark and twisted and love the industrial vibe and her vocals. 

Has me interested in checking out her EP that has either just been released or is coming soon. 

The video is like a little horror film. 

I adore her! Like the minimalistic production....Check out this song, was one of my favs from last year:

1 hour ago, dubtronic said:

I adore her! Like the minimalistic production....Check out this song, was one of my favs from last year:

I’m absolutely falling in love with her work. 

Don't Smile At Me EP was uninteresting, but here I feel that she begins to find her sound. I'm intrigued to hear her first album in march.

46 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

Don't Smile At Me EP was uninteresting, but here I feel that she begins to find her sound. I'm intrigued to hear her first album in march.

yeah, that one was not that interesting!

^love that one, too. 

Her vocals remind me of Lana at times. 

Oh wow! I don’t think she’ll manage to shift more than Ariana’s 360k unit debut but I expect this album to be a monster in streaming. She’s my brother’s age and it feels like everyone his age loves her music. I mean, these numbers are incredible for a 17 year old who’s aesthetic is so...off! 

Can’t wait to listen to her album.  🤗

The album came out today and it's great. So far my favorite tracks are:

bury a friend

ilomilo

bad guy

you should see me in a crown

all the good girls go to hell

my strange addiction

Listening to the album now, so far really enjoying it!

You'd never guess the age of the girl by her music, she seems a lot more older than she is.

Also, it sounds nothing like whats on the charts at the moment... or years even, refreshing!

I listened to her album last night, it’s amazing!! I can already tell I’m  gonna play the hell out of it. Such a talent!!

I like it. Very Fiona Apple’s Tidal meets Lorde’s Pure Heroine. This is not the groundbreaking masterpiece that some critics try to make us believe it is (NME reviews is ridiculous 🙄) but it is nonetheless a solid first album for a 17 y.o. girl.

I love it! 

She’s a terribly boring live performer from the performances I’ve seen though. 

eh. not into the bs story of how she and her brother organically made a song. the video is professional and you can see she already had a team behind her. then found out her brother works on different tv shows. her music sounds like so much alternative stuff on the web. try hard lorde and Lana wannabe.

nothing special. very plain and boring

I just listened to her album. Wow I’m more than impress. She totally won me with that little tribute to The Office. Well produced. She propose a real alternative sound in pop right now I love it. The melodies are really great the music off trend but with the pop touches it needs. I’m a new fan. Bad guy is already a classic of this year. The last part is perfection. 

I've seen a few interviews and she comes across as grating. I'm putting it down to her age though. The nonchalance seems a little forced and cliched. The album is great though and the far superior to most stuff out there at the moment. I really like her voice too. I think ilomilo is my favorite on the album.

36 minutes ago, Napoléon said:

I've seen a few interviews and she comes across as grating. I'm putting it down to her age though. The nonchalance seems a little forced and cliched. The album is great though and the far superior to most stuff out there at the moment. I really like her voice too. I think ilomilo is my favorite on the album.

Right. Her personality does seem a bit forced and even a bit irritating at times, but she’s 17. I can ignore that part for awhile. Hopefully she will grow out of it. 

It’s begun...this makes me feel some type of way ...  :madno:

'Billiechella': Eilish stuns with career-making Coachella Saturday set

Perhaps no Coachella performance will ever top Beyoncé’s from 2018. But the Saturday set by horror-pop wunderkind Billie Eilish came closer to feeling like a “Beychella”-level event — something culture-shifting, Zeitgeist-capturing, and just plain important — than anything else at the festival this weekend.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/billiechella-eilish-stuns-career-making-coachella-saturday-set-103946670.html

Am I the only one tired of hearing buzzwords and headlines like this...? Like everything is the goddamn second coming. "culture-shifting, Zeitgeist-capturing, and just plain important" ... I'm sure it was cool, but why does it feel like everything is so overhyped....? Like the 20-something interns writing these articles have no sense of history or perspective anymore...

1 hour ago, VogueMusic said:

'Billiechella': Eilish stuns with career-making Coachella Saturday set

Perhaps no Coachella performance will ever top Beyoncé’s from 2018. But the Saturday set by horror-pop wunderkind Billie Eilish came closer to feeling like a “Beychella”-level event — something culture-shifting, Zeitgeist-capturing, and just plain important — than anything else at the festival this weekend.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/billiechella-eilish-stuns-career-making-coachella-saturday-set-103946670.html

Am I the only one tired of hearing buzzwords and headlines like this...? Like everything is the goddamn second coming. "culture-shifting, Zeitgeist-capturing, and just plain important" ... I'm sure it was cool, but why does it feel like everything is so overhyped....? Like the 20-something interns writing these articles have no sense of history or perspective anymore...

No. I feel the same way. I love Billie’s album but  the headline$ are a bit ott. The live performances I’ve seen from her (and I haven’t seen many) have been dreadful and borderline cringeworthy. 

I must also mention that I really started noticing these forced and usually completely undeserving reviews/headlines more with the arrival of Gaga and Swift and it has only gotten worse since. 

Most of these 20-something interns have lied their way to have this job. It is therefore natural that they continue to lie to conceal their lack of general culture and knowledge of anything that happened before the turn of the century.

@VogueMusic @Martin B. @ctg12    Happens so often today.  Nothing against Billie who definitely has talent but they are already making her out as some kind of incredible performer and superstar. 

It really has gotten out of hand.  Today's stars are so over-hyped, and raved about that they become annoying without it even being their fault.  They need time to grow as performers and earn the raves.  Same with Lorde who was so raved about continually even when she did that freestyle dance that was laughable.  There is no balance anymore and everything screams payola. 

We have not seen Lorde jump for a while and I know that @runa  and @Aries  always get a laugh,  so here she is.  Seriously, how was this raved about. 

Image result for lorde jumping gifs