M14: coming 'soon'

robster

3 hours ago, zephyralexxx said:

I know what you mean perfectly. That's why I'm not expressing myself anymore in these "delicate" situations, though M teaches us to express yourself. 

This new teaser look identically with her Rebel Heart Tour rehearsals teasers and many other clips she posted through the last 4-5 years. But can't wait for the music. 

I have a big problem with this.

These clips are very basic and the editing/cinematography is really uninspired, the filter and bad colors make it very difficult to connect with her

4 hours ago, Danny Bubbles said:

Yes I agree. Theres been a real shift over the ,last fifteen years to use slightly bland regular filmmakers and stylists - people she's friends with more than trying different cutting edge artists. Nathan Rissman is the husband of her live in assistant I believe? I understand the importance of using people you are comfortable with but her varied visual output, if you look back over the years, is one of the reasons she's so iconic. Its all a bit samey and bland now and the concepts too often 'me having fun with X'. DONT HATE ME I HAVE BIG HOPES FOR THE ALBUM!

Okay, I’m not saying people don’t have the right to feel this way or hold this opinion — because it’s valid for you to feel that way — but it is not factually accurate to say she never works with anyone new. It’s just that she works with her usual collaborators more often. However, when it is obvious that a project is not solely her own funding, there is an outsider brought in. This is typically the first single. 4M, GMAYL, and LFL were all shot by directors with whom she had not worked before. 

Arguably, Mert & Marcus were new, too. She’d been shot by them once before (POP 2001) — GGW was their first video with her. 

While her photo shoots for magazines have tended to be the same lately (Munro, Klein, Mert & Marcus), there were also some new (Harper’s Bazaar — won’t say his name b/c it’s unfortunate, although she looked fabulous) and some old friends who haven’t shot her in a long time (Cosmopolitan with Ellen von Unwerth). And Luigi and Iango are somewhat of a new thing, too. All great photos.

And she mixes up her styling among Arianne, Bea Akerlund, and the new guy. 

I get that some are thinking she’s too comfortable with a team of “yes” people, but I think that’s painting the last 10 years or so with a very broad brush. It’s the director’s fees that are high, and she won’t pay them all herself. I bet the label shares in the costs of the first single a bit. 

I’d personally like to see some more returning folks — Fincher, Romanek, Mondino — but I suppose that makes me boring and backward-looking. But whatever. I’m excited for whatever she’s serving. Teaser clips can’t be held to the same standard — the point is to pique curiosity. This isn’t necessarily an excerpt from a finished, polished project. Looks more like behind-the-scenes B roll. 

Not that I know of course but looks more like a clip of behind the scenes of a making of documentary about the music of Portugal and Madonna's appreciation of it and how it has influenced her.  Just a suggestion.  Does not seem like a music video.  I doubt Madonna would show that much of an intended video clip like this.  

11 minutes ago, peter said:

I’d personally like to see some more returning folks — Fincher, Romanek, Mondino — but I suppose that makes me boring and backward-looking. 

Of course it doesn't. They are masters of their field and created true art with Madonna. This latest lot....not so much.

But like you said, she usually has a proper creative team for her first video (and album artwork) so I expect the same this time!

1 minute ago, rebelfan2018 said:

It's embarassing read comment like this, when You all became art director? Tone down guys.

When Madonna educated us about art and had the best of the best working with her for 20 + years.

1 hour ago, Starman said:

I have a big problem with this.

These clips are very basic and the editing/cinematography is really uninspired, the filter and bad colors make it very difficult to connect with her

I feel this era will have the best worse Meltdowns evah

You know what, I am really scared she might do a Joanne on us, Fado is not inspiring if you are going to do successful pop music even less dance, I am still hoping to be surprised but my hopes are being lowered every day. My favourite Madonna is a groundbreaking dance artist not some national geographic native culture reporter lol

39 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Not that I know of course but looks more like a clip of behind the scenes of a making of documentary about the music of Portugal and Madonna's appreciation of it and how it has influenced her.  Just a suggestion.  Does not seem like a music video.  I doubt Madonna would show that much of an intended video clip like this.  

i think youre right