MadonnaNation.com Forums
SheldonCooper

Donna + Nikki Rain cover

i bought it 🙈

i like it.  Nice to hear them singing a Madonna song again. 

I absolutely LOVE it.  Both versions are great, though I'm partial to the uptempo remix.

Are they touring with patrick leonard?

7 hours ago, acko said:

Are they touring with patrick leonard?

They need to tour with M!!!

Desperate.

Cashing on M obviously.

Not desperate at all.

The two versions of Rain are extremely well done. A striped down acoustic version (which highlights why their voices so beautifully blended with M's), and a new uptempo remix that is really quite wonderful. Reminds me a lot of the incredible remixes Dubtronic does.

This idea that absolutely no one from M's past can have anything to do with the material or time they spent with Madonna or else they're "cashing in" or "exploiting their time with her" is awfully close-minded. It's all in the intention and 'how' you approach it - and they're treating the music with the utmost respect. And they probably couldn't even cover it in the first place without M and company's permission.

Anyone can cover M's song as long as they are willing to pay for the licensing fee to WB.

Otherwise why there are so many official cover version of M's song released by different unknown artists?

And also, I guess you are one of Christoper Ciccone's "Life With My Sister Madonna" supporter since you're so open-minded.

Beautiful! I've always loved these two. I'd love to see them perform with Madonna again someday. Think of the reunion it could be. Good stuff. 

30 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Beautiful! I've always loved these two. I'd love to see them perform with Madonna again someday. Think of the reunion it could be. Good stuff. 

Would love to see this happen! :clap:

7 minutes ago, Elysium said:

Would love to see this happen! :clap:

There is just something so "x factory" about their three voices together and the way they "moved" together too when they danced. Unforgettable. 

19 hours ago, horn said:

Anyone can cover M's song as long as they are willing to pay for the licensing fee to WB.

Otherwise why there are so many official cover version of M's song released by different unknown artists?

If it is as easy as that, who better to cover her music than the two who spent the most time backing her vocally.

19 hours ago, horn said:

And also, I guess you are one of Christoper Ciccone's "Life With My Sister Madonna" supporter since you're so open-minded.

I barely even know what this is supposed to mean, as I have never even read his book. All I really know of her brother is how shady he is, so, why would I support such a thing? I think I've been here long enough to show that this isn't the kind of person I am anyway.

But yes, I am open-minded. It's a lot more pleasant way to experience life.. I'd rather be that than a close-minded person who makes assumptions about everyone else.

2 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

I'd rather be that than a close-minded person who makes assumptions about everyone else.

The fact is you attacked me by throwing shade at me in the first place and now you're playing the victim card? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, horn said:

The fact is you attacked me by throwing shade at me in the first place and now you're playing the victim card? :rolleyes:

If that's true, then I invite all mods, admin, and any and all board members to point out in any of my above comments where I "threw shade" or "played the victim".

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:43 PM, VogueMusic said:

Not desperate at all.

The two versions of Rain are extremely well done. A striped down acoustic version (which highlights why their voices so beautifully blended with M's), and a new uptempo remix that is really quite wonderful. Reminds me a lot of the incredible remixes Dubtronic does.

This idea that absolutely no one from M's past can have anything to do with the material or time they spent with Madonna or else they're "cashing in" or "exploiting their time with her" is awfully close-minded. It's all in the intention and 'how' you approach it - and they're treating the music with the utmost respect. And they probably couldn't even cover it in the first place without M and company's permission.

I didn't and no intention to attack you or anyone in the first place and yet you labelled me as "close-minded".

If you dislike my post or posting style, like what the mods always say, ignore the post and block me.

16 minutes ago, horn said:

I didn't and no intention to attack you or anyone in the first place and yet you labelled me as "close-minded".

That statement bolded above was more so in regards to a larger, general sentiment I've observed in Madonna fandom. It was never my intention to use "close-minded" as any sort of attack or shade. Yes, there's sadly been a lot of shady characters from M's past (her brother certainly), but I don't think everyone has the intention to hurt or exploit her...and I was simply saying that I feel I want to be open enough to experiencing what they have to share, as long as the intentions are good (this EP, Pat Leonard's recent work on his time with M, etc.). Otherwise, I'd miss out on some great things. That's where my use of "close-minded" was coming from, and referring to. Hope that clears things up.