MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aries

R&B singer James Ingram has died....

loved him and several hit songs:

Baby Come To Me (Duet w/ Patti Austin), Somewhere Out There (Duet w/ Linda Ronstadt), Yah Mo B There (Duet w/ Michael McDonald), I Don't Have The Heart, Just Once, One Hundred Ways, What About Me (w/ Kenny Rogers & Kim Carnes), How Do You Keep The Music Playing (Duet w/ Patti Austin), solo spot in We Are The World

https://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2019/01/29/grammy-winning-soul-legend-james-ingram-dead-at-age-66/23656416/

Sorry to hear this ūüėʬ†Have always loved a few of those songs you listed. I heard I Don't Have The Heart for the first time in years in the grocery store the other day oddly enough.¬†

What a magnificent singer who nailed emotion completely in his songs Just Once is one of my all time favourite ballads which he sang to perfection. RIP James. 

So sad about this, this guy sang part of my childhood:

1 hour ago, ChicaSkas said:

Linda and James had voices as pure as silk in this beautiful song.  Always adored this song so much too.  He truly was a magnificent singer. Thanks for reminding me of this gorgeous song. 

May he rest in peace.

66yo is very young to die. ūüėě

11 hours ago, ChicaSkas said:

RIP James!

Aw. RIP.

With equal measure express thoughts and prayers to the family of the beloved Mr. Ingram; as well as his friends and battalion of fans whose lives he so (Praise God) foxily touched.

As a humble black brother; have no shame in implying having had the tremendous blessing of lending an ear to this maestro with the husky vibrato as a toddler. Thanks to my earthy father's intricate musical tastes. No hyperbole in stating James Ingram one of the greatest voices remiss of genre to grace the microphone and stage. 

A contemporary being the late great Luther Vandross was asked by a reporter what his formula was when it came to lyrical content in a song. He retorted his preference was to sing metaphorically rather than resort to coarse language as a form of expression.

Vandross, Peabo Bryson, Ingram, Al Jarreau and Michael McDonald are a few who come to mind who by the awesome resonance of God perfected this method harmoniously and tactfully.

Know some of you have expressed concern over this tragic loss. May you gain solace in knowing that James Ingram is in the presence of Our Heavenly Father robed in victory a champion over Brain Cancer.

This nefarious infirmity may have extinguished him from this earth in his physical body. Know that in Christ He is eternally a new creature cloaked with Yahweh's pristine health, in mind, body and spirit.

Also when it came to him being a bit under the radar in terms of name recognition; that is quite alright.

May the ensuing passages from the Book Of Life proffer to you in time wings of solace in which only Christ can furnish.

Farewell Brother Ingram. God bless you. Thank God for decreeing you as His instrument of brotherhood, righteousness and endearment. Thank you for igniting the candles of His joy, love, integrity and sophistication into the lives of so many.

philippians-1-21-30-jpg.651422

philippians-2-3-5-jpg.651427

mark-935_3519_1024x768.jpg

matthew-20-28-jpg.651429