MADONNA! MAGIC! BATUKA! New WIGS coming '#soon'

9 minutes ago, windsor67 said:

So not Her

Maybe but anything is possible imo when it comes to her changing looks. ...especially when they haven't been done before. 

1 hour ago, Sloane said:

Can someone tell me what Eurovision is? I'm thinking it's like a talent contest reality tv like American Idol? Also, is it in israel? Do celebrities usually perform at eurovision?

It is an European music contest that was created to celebrate diversity and unify Europe after WWII (1956). It happens every year, during two semi finals and one final, at the last year country winner (Israel, in this case) so it rarely happens in the some nation twice in a row. Each country (and now Australia) sends an artist/band, then the European (and Australian) public votes for their favorite (there's also a national jury to give it credibility). The winner gets the title, a money prize, a local and international contract sometimes and some became big starts, mostly in their homeland with big/small fan bases in other countries. Rare is the case when some becomes big internationally (Abba, Celine Dion). Some performances and songs are kitsch, while others are amazing. There's humor, policy, It's a big party basically. It's more like different segments from a Madonna tour than American Idol (in the beginning it was like that, but not since the middle 90s). Celebrities/famous singers can represent a country, but it's not very common. Its interval act is a performance by some big singer/band from the host country (Boyzone, Aqua). The only international exception that I remember was Justin Timberlake, who's American, that performed in Sweden 2016. Madonna will be second one.

1 hour ago, Sloane said:

Can someone tell me what Eurovision is? I'm thinking it's like a talent contest reality tv like American Idol? Also, is it in israel? Do celebrities usually perform at eurovision?

check this out... I learned all about it from this topic...

13 minutes ago, CalinB said:

check this out... I learned all about it from this topic...

23 minutes ago, Sky Fits Heaven said:

It is an European music contest that was created to celebrate diversity and unify Europe after WWII (1956). It happens every year, during two semi finals and one final, at the last year country winner (Israel, in this case) so it rarely happens in the some nation twice in a row. Each country (and now Australia) sends an artist/band, then the European (and Australian) public votes for their favorite (there's also a national jury to give it credibility). The winner gets the title, a money prize, a local and international contract sometimes and some became big starts, mostly in their homeland with big/small fan bases in other countries. Rare is the case when some becomes big internationally (Abba, Celine Dion). Some performances and songs are kitsch, while others are amazing. There's humor, policy, It's a big party basically. It's more like different segments from a Madonna tour than American Idol (in the beginning it was like that, but not since the middle 90s). Celebrities/famous singers can represent a country, but it's not very common. Its interval act is a performance by some big singer/band from the host country (Boyzone, Aqua). The only international exception that I remember was Justin Timberlake, who's American, that performed in Sweden 2016. Madonna will be second one.

Thank you. It sounds like something Madonna is gonna put a lot of work into.

7 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

I’m no gaga fan myself. But I don’t get how this kind of comment is allowed on this forum??

express yourself 🙂

1 hour ago, luluthecat said:

I’m no gaga fan myself. But I don’t get how this kind of comment is allowed on this forum??

its a genuine question ..what is wrong with it ...she is on the ugly side of looks especially naturally 

1 hour ago, luluthecat said:

Doesn't seem to be any moderation on here, last time I made a similar comment as yours I was told to fuck off and that I was a troll. 

But they think insulting a singer is a personal opinion and funny. 

Praying for any M updates asap cos I can't wait any longer. And also to stop this flow of 'personal opinions' that shoudln't be on threads about Madonna.

1 hour ago, Sloane said:

I bet she will and it will be the best performance the show has ever seen!

7 hours ago, Sloane said:

I hope so. Besides all the kitsch and trash ESC foremost is a massive over the top production and you have to bring your A game to shine. 

5 hours ago, Dams said:

Doesn't seem to be any moderation on here, last time I made a similar comment as yours I was told to fuck off and that I was a troll. 

But they think insulting a singer is a personal opinion and funny. 

Praying for any M updates asap cos I can't wait any longer. And also to stop this flow of 'personal opinions' that shoudln't be on threads about Madonna.

why not focus on Madonna and only Madonna as a newbie

12 hours ago, Sloane said:

It's a contest created after WWII to give those countries that won the war the possibility to humiliate those who lost it. Since then, some tributes from different countries are sent to an arena to fight against each other. Vocally, mind. Since 1967, the UK thought about joining in, but with several privileges and opt outs that included the possiblity of release a remix version of the song and include an orchestra. France was against it and that started the feud that nowadays has fuelled the Brexit, believe it or not. General de Gaule was against the UK being part of the club, but had to give in (because he died). 

Since 1978 Communist countries are part of the contest too, but it was mostly one country, USSR. After the country got in the last place in 1989, all republics started rebelling against Gorbachev in a movement called the Perestroika. Gorbachev had to give in and the USSR fell in 1990, so more countries had the possiblity to be part of the contest, such as Azerbayan or Kazajistan or Ukraine. 

Since 2005, it is possible for twins to participate, and since then Ireland has sent several twins. The former soviet republics, who were against twins since the beginning, are meneacing to leave the contest. That is why this year it takes place in Israel instead of Lithuania. The only  condition that Madonna takes part in the gala is that she didn't bring a twin. That pic of Madonna and her sister Paula in Instagram last week created much havoc in Russia, as some media released some fake news that Madonna was planning a performance with her twin. 

Most famous people that have been part of the Eurovision interlude are: 

The Beatles (1967)

Nana Mouskouri (from 1968 to 2003)

Missy Eliot (2004)

Samantha Fox(2005-2008)

Barbra Streisand (2009)

Lady Gaga (2010-2017)

Justin Timberlake (2018)

Oh, I forgot to include that the euro was created in 1999 as a way for people visiting the country for eurovision to spend some money. The idea was so popular that coins and notes were produced by the million and by 2002 the currency was stablished as the European one. Except for the United Kingdom, that wanted a remix version of a song by Xenomania in 2001 and it was forbidden and they got angry and decided to keep the pound as their currency :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

It's a contest created after WWII to give those countries that won the war the possibility to humiliate those who lost it. Since then, some tributes from different countries are sent to an arena to fight against each other. Vocally, mind. Since 1967, the UK thought about joining in, but with several privileges and opt outs that included the possiblity of release a remix version of the song and include an orchestra. France was against it and that started the feud that nowadays has fuelled the Brexit, believe it or not. General de Gaule was against the UK being part of the club, but had to give in (because he died). 

Since 1978 Communist countries are part of the contest too, but it was mostly one country, USSR. After the country got in the last place in 1989, all republics started rebelling against Gorbachev in a movement called the Perestroika. Gorbachev had to give in and the USSR fell in 1990, so more countries had the possiblity to be part of the contest, such as Azerbayan or Kazajistan or Ukraine. 

Since 2005, it is possible for twins to participate, and since then Ireland has sent several twins. The former soviet republics, who were against twins since the beginning, are meneacing to leave the contest. That is why this year it takes place in Israel instead of Lithuania. The only  condition that Madonna takes part in the gala is that she didn't bring a twin. That pic of Madonna and her sister Paula in Instagram last week created much havoc in Russia, as some media released some fake news that Madonna was planning a performance with her twin. 

The Beatles (1967)

Missy Eliot (2004)

Samantha Fox(2005-2008)

Barbra Streisand (2009)

Lady Gaga (2010-2017)

Justin Timberlake (2018)

This is brilliant. 

The Beatles (1967)

Missy Eliot (2004)

Samantha Fox(2005-2008)

Barbra Streisand (2009)

Lady Gaga (2010-2017)

Justin Timberlake (2018)

Oh, I forgot to include that the euro was created in 1999 as a way for people visiting the country for eurovision to spend some money. The idea was so popular that coins and notes were produced by the million and by 2002 the currency was stablished as the European one. Except for the United Kingdom, that wanted a remix version of a song by Xenomania in 2001 and it was forbidden and they got angry and decided to keep the pound as their currency :rolleyes:

ahah 🤣

24 minutes ago, the-queen said:

I haven’t posted in a couple of days so I’ll just post something here to break that drought.

There....

583C21EC-AACD-4413-AADA-6BE3952050D5.gif

...that’s better. 

👍🏻🏻❤️