Covington Catholic school students viral videos incident

Camacho

18 minutes ago, karbatal said:

The very nerve. So nowadays with money you can hire a PR firm to handle social media crisis and make you the victim. 

Nauseating. 

Shocking. $250 million he wants. Just as shocking is his lawyer is hash tagging Trump. They hate the Washington Post and are out to destroy them.  This smug kid will probably win as well. 

Like we all say, every detail has to be 100 per cent correct when reporting. Clever lawyers know how to make anyone a victim through highlighting any inaccuracy, despite the intent and arrogance of those boys. I also see that Trump supporters are talking of how noble this kid is because he is anti abortion. It is nauseating indeed. 

20 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Shocking. $250 million he wants. Just as shocking is his lawyer is hash tagging Trump. They hate the Washington Post and are out to destroy them.  This smug kid will probably win as well. 

Like we all say, every detail has to be 100 per cent correct when reporting. Clever lawyers know how to make anyone a victim through highlighting any inaccuracy, despite the intent and arrogance of those boys. I also see that Trump supporters are talking of how noble this kid is because he is anti abortion. It is nauseating indeed. 

I noticed before that Gaga's powerful PR machine stopped the second these rich families hired a PR company. I'm not kidding. I think it's the same company :lmao:

It's a publicity stunt, they don't expect to win. His PR firm run by a Mitch McConnell apparatchik working in tandem with a Republican law firm to continue cultivating him as an alt-right tater tot folk hero so that he can be ready for a Fox News show aimed at younger demographics as soon as he graduates from high school.

I hope the American public realize  just how dangerous this whole "fake news"  stuff Trump and his cult are preaching is.  Every dictator in history has destroyed the freedom of the press and it is more than obvious that Trump wants that.  He already has Fox news at his beck and call and he just openly lies about indisputable facts all the time.  It is incredibly frightening and if this smug boy wins this case due to some small inaccuracy and brings down a newspaper,  it will be the start of something incredibly difficult to turn back.  

Nixon would have got away with the phone tapping and the cover up if it was not for brave journalism.   Sadly,  Nixon looks like a choir boy compared to Trump.  The way Trump has demeaned, smeared and turned the free press and investigative journalism into something to be ridiculed and feared is infuriating and terrifying. 

3 hours ago, LSD said:

It's a publicity stunt, they don't expect to win. His PR firm run by a Mitch McConnell apparatchik working in tandem with a Republican law firm to continue cultivating him as an alt-right tater tot folk hero so that he can be ready for a Fox News show aimed at younger demographics as soon as he graduates from high school.

I wouldn't be surprised.  This is definitely to raise the kids profile among the MAGA crowd.

I never understood all the people apologizing to this kid (and all the other boys). They were never really worthy of an apology anyway. Even if it didn't go down as originally reported, what they did was still disrespectful as all hell...and is a perfect representation of white privilege in America.

And now they want to further discredit the real media, and try to bring down the best paper in the country right now?

Well-off white boys from Catholic schools... I know that crowd like the back of my hand. Fuck these kids.

51 minutes ago, jacket said:

I wonder if there will come a time when he grows up that he'll look back on this with shame?

Until then he should be locked up.

Nope. His breed grows up and become CEO and get rich. They feel superior and they die feeling superior.

16 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Nope. His breed grows up and become CEO and get rich. They feel superior and they die feeling superior.

True. Just look who is the president now. Sadly, too many people admire entitled arrogance -  even the people who are hurt most by the exact same entitled arrogance. 

• 5 months later...

Good.  The thought of that smirking kid getting millions was awful.  What were these private schoolboys doing at an anti abortion rally behaving like brats anyway.   Too many were making them out to be victims when footage showed them behaving badly later anyway.   

• 11 months later...

Nicholas Sandmann announces settlement with Washington Post in defamation lawsuit

Nicholas Sandmann, the Covington Catholic High School student whose interaction last year with Omaha Tribe elder Nathan Phillips at the Lincoln Memorial went viral, announced Friday that he had reached a settlement in his defamation lawsuit against The Washington Post.

The settlement amount in the $250 million lawsuit was not made public by Sandmann’s attorneys or the Post.

Sandmann is being represented by L. Lin Wood and Todd McMurtry, a Kentucky attorney who unsuccessfully challenged Rep. Thomas Massie (R) in the Kentucky GOP primary last month.

"On 2/19/19, I filed $250M defamation lawsuit against Washington Post. Today, I turned 18 & WaPo settled my lawsuit. Thanks to @ToddMcMurtry & @LLinWood for their advocacy. Thanks to my family & millions of you who have stood your ground by supporting me. I still have more to do," Sandmann tweeted, tagging his attorneys.

Kris Coratti, a spokesperson for the Post, said in a statement that the newspaper is "pleased that we have been able to reach a mutually agreeable resolution of the remaining claims in this lawsuit."

Coratti did not respond to questions from The Hill about the settlement amount.

The judge overseeing the case — U.S. District Judge William Odis Bertelsman, a Carter appointee — initially dismissed the lawsuit against the Post last July, but Sandmann refiled his suit with a narrower scope.

The revised lawsuit alleged the newspaper’s coverage mischaracterized Sandmann's encounter with Phillips, who had participated in the Indigenous Peoples March in Washington, D.C., and tarnished his reputation. Sandmann was in town with classmates from his high school for the annual March For Life event.

In the viral video, Sandmann is seen wearing a “Make America Great Again” cap during the encounter and without full context appears to show him taunting Phillips, who is in his 60s. More extensive footage of the incident later emerged, showing that a group of Black Hebrew Israelites appeared to instigate the confrontation.

In January, Sandmann settled a similar lawsuit against CNN after seeking $275 million in damages. The amount of the settlement was not disclosed.

Sandmann has filed lawsuits against other media outlets that covered the encounter.

"The fight isn’t over. 2 down. 6 to go," Sandmann tweeted Friday, referring to amount of media companies he has sued.

He also signaled at potential litigation against Twitter, the platform where the viral video was predominantly shared.

"Don’t hold your breath @jack," he tweeted, tagging Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/508905-nicholas-sandmann-announces-settlement-with-washington-post-in-defamation

• 3 months later...