Madonna - new album coming soon. Queen teases on Insta

41 minutes ago, elijah said:

Now imagine 2 hours of RHT True Blues. No, thank you

Exactly... that would be really boring... or something like Tears of a clown... Hope she forgot about the stand up comedy thing. Only 100 fans are interested in these kind of things from Madonna.

2 minutes ago, zephyralexxx said:

Exactly... that would be really boring... or something like Tears of a clown... Hope she forgot about the stand up comedy thing. Only 100 fans are interested in these kind of things from Madonna.

yes, I m yet to hear TOAC being referred to as her best show or even praised. I m sure less than 100 fans are interested in it 🙂

52 minutes ago, elijah said:

Madonna, if you are reading: remember, you are known for your spectacle tours, not for sitting around like Mariah or Slob. So we expect numbers like Express Yourself 90 etc. Slowing down for a bit between numbers is ok (and human). But no-one is there for a laid back performance. Get in shape and do the numbers like GGW MDNA tours.

She's not a performing monkey put on this earth to sing songs and dance for you. 🖕

wtf has happened to this thread?

(btw - TOAC was only intended as a special treat for fans, and the 1000 fans that were actually there loved every minute of it.)

10 hours ago, Nikki said:

even though im not a big klein fan (since he worked with youknowwho, a lot of his work is repetitive) but im glad they're still friends

I don’t know why everyone is so obsessed with Steven Klein working with M. He’s done amazing things with her but I’m really bored with this highly artificial cold and detached aesthetic. I can’t help to think ‚seen it all before‘ with his style. I think it reaks of world weariness. 

Sure, in this day and age it’s hard to come up with something really new, but I for one don’t need this overwrought aesthetic anymore. 

2 hours ago, mtzlplk said:

It's looking more like a May release... It is just right... March is too early and summer is too late... 

that's what I think. With a cool upbeat single in april. Perfect for spring.

5 minutes ago, Suedey said:

She's not a performing monkey put on this earth to sing songs and dance for you. 🖕

I never said she was. I m just saying what I would like from the new show. And I am really sure that is what the vast majority of the public would be interested in. A sit down Madonna tour is hard to imagine as being successful and I suppose she wants to be successful.

1 minute ago, elijah said:

I never said she was. I m just saying what I would like from the new show. And I am really sure that is what the vast majority of the public would be interested in. A sit down Madonna tour is hard to imagine as being successful and I suppose she wants to be successful.

I know she's Madonna but she's also a 60 year old woman. I think we need to be realistic with expectations of hi energy, sweaty dance routines here. She needs to adapt and so do we.

6 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

I know she's Madonna but she's also a 60 year old woman. I think we need to be realistic with expectations of hi energy, sweaty dance routines here. She needs to adapt and so do we.

True. I hope she ll act like an olympian as she has till recently.

40 minutes ago, Paul said:

(btw - TOAC was only intended as a special treat for fans, and the 1000 fans that were actually there loved every minute of it.)

TOAC in Melbourne was amazing.  For the people that were there,  it was a unique and incredible show.  Something entirely different done as a gift to Australian fans for not touring for so long.  Another show that is now getting trashed that was cherished and loved at the time.  

For people expecting Madonna to be as energetic as tours done years ago,  I hope you all remember she is 60.  She will dance and perform beautifully as Rebel Heart proved but those demanding and expecting full on difficult routines without taking into account her age,  you are being too picky.  

Personally speaking, I'm fed up of some misogynistic gay men who impose their body dysmorphic standards on their female icons as well. 

If Madonna wants to do a sit down tour then she can do whatever the fuck she wants. She didn't pander to her teenage Madonna wannabe fans in the '80s when she changed her looks and sang adult themed pop songs; she didn't pander to middle America in the '90s when she supported gay men and expressed her sexuality, and I don't see why she has to pander to a small portion of her fanabse now who mythologise and fetishise her to such an extreme to as to actually dehumanise her, holding up pictures and videos of what she was like 20 or 30 years ago and expect her to look, sound and move in the same way. 

Madonna has never lived in the past, and she won't now. So, @elijah I suggest you take your 'advice' to Madonna and shove it. 

22 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

During DWT She was 43, no Big dance routines in general, It was quite a "quiet" show, yet It was artsy, heartfelt and sung beautifully. She could head that direction for the next tour, Just replace the country vibe with the portuguese one

I always thought that if there is someone who could do it  even in their 60's, it would be Madonna. I'm used to spectacles from her, sit down acoustics are only for when she  takes a small break.

What I know is that she's never boring, so I trust her. I'm ready for something awesome and different.

8 minutes ago, Suedey said:

Personally speaking, I'm fed up of some misogynistic gay men who impose their body dysmorphic standards on their female icons as well. 

If Madonna wants to do a sit down tour then she can do whatever the fuck she wants. She didn't pander to her teenage Madonna wannabe fans in the '80s when she changed her looks and sang adult themed pop songs; she didn't pander to middle America in the '90s when she supported gay men and expressed her sexuality, and I don't see why she has to pander to a small portion of her fanabse now who mythologise and fetishise her to such an extreme to as to actually dehumanise her, holding up pictures and videos of what she was like 20 or 30 years ago and expect her to look, sound and move in the same way. 

Madonna has never lived in the past, and she won't now. So, @elijah I suggest you take your 'advice' to Madonna and shove it. 

Thank you for summarising what everyone knows. Now follow your advice and shove it. I WILL state my opinion and it is that a sit down tour would majorly backfire. Mark my words (if she at all does a sit down tour).

28 minutes ago, Andra said:

I always thought that if there is someone who could do it  even in their 60's, it would be Madonna. I'm used to spectacles from her, sit down acoustics are only for when she  takes a small break.

What I know is that she's never boring, so I trust her. I'm ready for something awesome and different.

Andra,  I bet she will still have spectacles in her shows.  She is a born entertainer and a born dancer.   However,  I don't expect her to have the same amount of non stop dancing as earlier shows in her career.  Rebel Heart still had a lot of energetic numbers to enjoy.  Heart-break city - moving up and down those stairs with dancer's grace and artistry,  Holy Water - climbing up poles better than girls a quarter of her age,  the solo wonderful and joyful version of Like a Virgin - featuring 80's style dancing.  Body Shop had a great fun routine with dancing.  Living for love.   The list goes on. 

I just don't think it is fair for people to expect full on routines though like MDNA, Blonde Ambition etc.  That is the point many are making.  Some seem to be expecting her to be in the "same shape"  or be as fit and skilled at dancing as she was when much younger.  That is the part that is hard to read.  It is like great sportsmen and women - tennis, athletes, ice-skaters, ballet dancers etc.  They are not expected to have the same energy and skill as their younger selves at their peak.  I feel far too many Madonna fans are expecting that from her at 60 and they are already setting themselves up for unrealistic performances. 

2 hours ago, cocolattee said:

so the fact that she mentioned rehearsing along with that picture means that Portuguese guitarra will be the new ukulele for old hits reinvention on tour?

Well, ukulele itself have a Portuguese origin, so it makes sense for the Portuguese guitar to be Madonna's next new instrument. 😛

The ones in here demanding Madonna put on another strenuous choreographed show at 60 years are mind boggling delusional. 

The woman has defied countless obstacles in her career, but she can’t defy age. Regardless of how well you take care of yourself, your body fucking changes as you get older - especially after 60. 

She’d be stupid to do anything close to MDNA or S&S and she obviously understands this. It’s stupid and ignorant fans that don’t. 

7C734C01-AC30-4539-9873-789AF08A8B7F.gif

7 minutes ago, Rock said:

Well, ukulele itself have a Portuguese origin, so it makes sense for the Portuguese guitar to be Madonna's next new instrument. 😛

and it will bring a brand new latin flavor to her performances, I can't wait <3

2 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

The ones in here demanding Madonna put on another strenuous choreographed show at 60 years are mind boggling delusional. 

The woman has defied countless obstacles in her career, but she can’t defy age. Regardless of how well you take care of yourself, your body fucking changes as you get older - especially after 60. 

She’d be stupid to do anything close to MDNA or S&S and she obviously understands this. It’s stupid and ignorant fans that don’t. 

7C734C01-AC30-4539-9873-789AF08A8B7F.gif

I always felt its impossible to do MDNA choreography at 54. Yet she did it. I m not saying she has to fill her whole tour with EY performances. I know its impossible. I m saying that if it will be a sit down concert only with no choreography on par at least with RHT I think many more would pass that concert.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

I remember watching a Periscope feed and being captivated. Good times.

28 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Andra,  I bet she will still have spectacles in her shows.  She is a born entertainer and a born dancer.   However,  I don't expect her to have the same amount of non stop dancing as earlier shows in her career.  Rebel Heart still had a lot of energetic numbers to enjoy.  Heart-break city - moving up and down those stairs with dancer's grace and artistry,  Holy Water - climbing up poles better than girls a quarter of her age,  the solo wonderful and joyful version of Like a Virgin - featuring 80's style dancing.  Body Shop had a great fun routine with dancing.  Living for love.   The list goes on. 

I just don't think it is fair for people to expect full on routines though like MDNA, Blonde Ambition etc.  That is the point many are making.  Some seem to be expecting her to be in the "same shape"  or be as fit and skilled at dancing as she was when much younger.  That is the part that is hard to read.  It is like great sportsmen and women - tennis, athletes, ice-skaters, ballet dancers etc.  They are not expected to have the same energy and skill as their younger selves at their peak.  I feel far too many Madonna fans are expecting that from her at 60 and they are already setting themselves up for unrealistic performances. 

If she does a Rebel Heart energy type of show I'll be super happy.🙂 I know it's a bit delusional to expect MDNA, BA numbers.

1 hour ago, Andra said:

Of course her show will be a spectacle and of course she won't sit down for 2 hours ...

6 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

:thumbsup: I am sure she will wow us completely. 

Yes!

2 minutes ago, Suedey said:

Of course her show will be a spectacle and of course she won't sit down for 2 hours ...

I know I'll be right there shaking in the corner with you, for sure!