Madonna reportedly to ink deal to perform at ESC 2019!

17 hours ago, Sokrates5 said:

I feel exactly the opposite. She should go all out and make a statement so long as it's part of a great song.

No.

The ESC is a non-political event that doesn't allow any statements directly or indirectly promoting or mentioning any political causes. And no swearing is allowed.

42 minutes ago, Msig said:

No.

The ESC is a non-political event that doesn't allow any statements directly or indirectly promoting or mentioning any political causes. And no swearing is allowed.

Won't someone think of the children !

13 hours ago, strictmachine said:

Do you people seriously think that out of everyone in the whole wide world  the TIMES OF ISRAEL got the fucking scoop on Madonna’s new single before anyone?? :rotfl::lmao: This reads like 100% tabloid gossip news and is clearly total bullshit. 

I think even if it is gossip, it is good for her if she performs. Some friends of mine that are not really fans of hers, but like her, had heard about this and now want to watch eurovision so it might in fact be a good thing. As a long time eurovision fan I sooo want her to perform there. It will be awesome. It is also great when your friends want to watch it because of M, even if they found out about it from a tabloid.

If she really is getting that 15-minute slot, the impact will be HUGE. We’re only two months away from a potential Madonna comeback moment. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly and that disco bop is a 10/10.

Shes not doing glastonbury as janet jackson is doing it so i doubt she will want to share a stage with the likes of her so fingers crossed she performs at this event

8 hours ago, Msig said:

No.

:rolleyes:

10 hours ago, Msig said:

No.

Do they know who Madonna is?

9 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

I think even if it is gossip, it is good for her if she performs. Some friends of mine that are not really fans of hers, but like her, had heard about this and now want to watch eurovision so it might in fact be a good thing. As a long time eurovision fan I sooo want her to perform there. It will be awesome. It is also great when your friends want to watch it because of M, even if they found out about it from a tabloid.

Oh I agree, I think it’s a great opportunity and hope she does it. I just don’t believe all the “insider info” nonsense about her new song being an anti-US political anthem and creating all this drama with organizers 

6 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

Oh I agree, I think it’s a great opportunity and hope she does it. I just don’t believe all the “insider info” nonsense about her new song being an anti-US political anthem and creating all this drama with organizers 

But it coincides with the info from the video shoot: that the song is political. I only pray it’s a great song as a song. If it’s LAP level amazing, she ll be fine. If it’s another AL, well...

Guest CzarnaWisnia
16 hours ago, peppermint said:

Do they know who Madonna is?

Well, how is it different from the Super Bowl in that regard?

1 hour ago, strepentijger said:

Maybe she signed already and ESC has to deal with it?!! 

Well maybe that s what she was tollin' about in her  30years of controversy  LP-Pepsy instagram post

I'm really excited at the prospect of Madonna performing at ESC, 186 million viewers (mostly or wholly outside of the U.S.) who could potentially stream/buy singles, albums and purchase concert tickets is really exciting for her...she could do even better numbers on her next tour than she did for Rebel Heart. (If she, her team and LiveNation can really focus and hit all the right targets.)

I'm just confused about this whole flap over song choice...did she provide the ESC producers with the actual track? The lyrics? How do they know the video (or "advertisement" as the story called it) is going to be political/controversial? What is their definition of "political/controversial?" Usually, her songs are universal and open to interpretation and her visuals are controversial so it will be interesting to see what we're dealing with here.

Edited by Priceless